Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Alaois posted:

they're so half-assed that their W logo doesn't even have transparency on most websites

Perfect microcosm of a tepid, lovely franchise. Just the most anodyne, uninspiring poo poo imaginable.

I grew up a Washington fan via family and have grown to hate them more than the Cowboys.

Commanders? :jerkbag:

Obviously better than the racist thing, but loving yikes what a poo poo name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

predicto posted:

That name isn’t going to last. It is but the last of the innumerable indignities that Dan Snyder inflicted on a fanbase that used to be loud and loyal.

I don’t know what the future may hold but at least it won’t involve Dan Snyder..

I’m happy that Washington managed to shake free of that rear end in a top hat but he so badly poisoned the well for me that I can’t go back.

Outside of memories of watching the hogs road-grade for Riggins and Byner from my grandpas lap, there is no goodwill left.

Maybe I’ll “heal” by adopting another team eventually but I’ve got nearly two decades of pure NFL apathy under my belt.

/derail

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I still have a lot of affection for the 80/early 90s Washington R-words unis, and I hate that I do. Just too many positive associations from my childhood.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Black Lighter posted:

They're good uniforms! They didn't need a wholesale redesign, just a name and logo that weren't horrifyingly racist.

loving Snyder…

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

wandler20 posted:

Agreed. They should've went back to the spear logo and did some other name.

Now you’re just trolling me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Black Lighter posted:

Trolling you by being right? The arrow helmet design was good, and they could have just called themselves the Archers or something

I agree but I’m a gator and he’s a nole. And he knows it.