Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Many of you might remember, we occasionally posted banner ads to lure people in byob! The idea is simple: Upload a banner ad via the forum store, link it to BYOB, make people post! The funnier, more interesting or cool the ad, the more cool people we might attract!

Well, we want to do so again! I have collected our old ones in the revamped BYOB Archive History thread I made: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932976
And here are some old examples:

We could re-use old ones entirely, or remake some of them, or make entirely new ones! Would anyone have some ideas what ads to make? Does anyone have some inspiration lying around to produce some yourself?
Banner ads are always up for 30 days and can have up to three copies, they are thrown in together with all other ads and randomly get chosen whenever you click on any forum or thread on SA. Clicking on it leads directly to the link you added during the purchase process in the store.

The rules for all banner ads are:
No larger than 40kB in size
Exactly 468x60 pixels
Only GIF, PNG, or JPG file types are allowed
They have to be work safe.

Post any idea, thought, concept, test version, old ads you want to see added to the rotation again or ads you made yourself ITT and I will see to have a couple of them uploaded for us! If anyone else feels like buying a banner ad or two yourself via the store, feel free! We will definitely get some new ones up if we can make them!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

...technically i've got a byob based ad running right now (but it's for SAW lol)

i'll try to think of something funny and whip it up the next time i get trashed maybe

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Goons Are Gifts

He demands banner ads!!!

Escape From Noise

It's a banner year for banner ads!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Goons Are Gifts

We have some absolutely amazing banner ads lying around in past threads, I think I will go ahead and get one or two uploaded already just to get the ball rolling. If anyone feels like designing a new one, or anyone has an idea, feel free to post! I hope we an expand our already big collection of historic banner ads with new ones

Manifisto

sorry for the late followup on this! here's a thing, call it a work in progress?

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 16, 2023

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Can't put video on TIMG markup, has to be URL:

https://i.imgur.com/DOV5C03.mp4

Manifisto

Saoshyant posted:

Can't put video on TIMG markup, has to be URL:

https://i.imgur.com/DOV5C03.mp4

yes thank you, I meant to upload the GIF version anyway

(e: done, edited prior post)

Ass-penny

that a zyborne clock reference?

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Saoshyant

rear end-penny posted:

that a zyborne clock reference?

Four orbs rolling down a cliff? Nah.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Scuba Trooper

recall the zybourne clock was indeed born in the yob

Ass-penny

I recall nothing at all if I can help it

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Manifisto

another concept:

Saoshyant

I wish I had saved that "click on the burro" banner ad from late 2021 or so, that one was amazing. No idea who made it.

Edit: it appears to have been cruft in January 2022. Sadly lost to time.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 17, 2023

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Ohhh those are amazing!
I have actually asked admins three times now to get at last one of the old ads up and I was ignored entirely all three times. No worries though, now that I am back to posting, I will annoy them more to make this happen. I want banner ads, no matter who ignores me!! :argh: