Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Speaking of that rear end in a top hat, I just got served up a prage.ru anti trans ad. There is no pretense that twitter isn't a hate speech platform any more.

Got the same thing on my work twitter account, which I use for global media monitoring for security incidents. Prager also buys a ton of YouTube ads that get served up on our TV despite neither my wife nor I logging in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oregon Museum of Science and Industry has an excellent exhibit on orcas. As other posters have noted they are excellent at offing adorable animals.

OMSI fuckin rules. Tons of happy memories from that place. They also have the USS Bluejack moored in the river, and that’s super fun to tour.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ded posted:

those things take a looong time to heal

18 months for me, and that was when I was 21 years old, in super good shape and did my rehab religiously. Zuck has a hard road ahead, I wouldn’t wish a torn ACL on anyone.

Except for Elon Musk, in which case I hope he tears them both.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ASAPI posted:

Please clop.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/andrewpdyer/status/1722707454302323195

New “SEAL about to be hung out to dry by the Woke Millennial Military a la Eddie Gallagher” red meat about to be thrown to the chuds here. It’s well past time to admit that the SOF community- especially the SEALs- has a serious problem.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1723084199844859993?t=1lea3hvS1w0Ho4tZoNKg5g&s=19

“New York City elect a mayor who isn’t a huge piece of poo poo” challenge, difficulty: impossible

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

On the other hand, deregulation of the airline industry has improved consumer choice and truly made air travel accessible to everyone with minimal impact to safety

we’re all gonna die

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Grip it and rip it posted:

D.C seems like a bad town to carjack people in. Just the number of bodyguards and security services and cameras...

Our rate of carjackings is over 800 for the year to date, more than double what it was in 2022. Violent crime is 40% higher than last year, including a 32% increase in murders.

DC ain’t doing so hot.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

orange juche posted:

unfortunately for better or worse spacex is on the hook for America's manned space program for their return to the moon. NASA needs something that can lift a lot of cargo to the Moon and is reusable, and Starship's in-flight refuelling capability will allow them to do that. SLS can get people to the moon but it doesn't carry any sort of landing capabilities onboard, and a LM style thing that is towed out to the moon by the SLS isn't really capable for building any sort of permanent moon base.

I want SpaceX to be successful at two things:

1. Carrying the American space program to exciting new heights and
2. killing Elon Musk in the process.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

It's bullshit that the most enlisted of representatives is gonna get booted. I've never felt more represented by a politician.

George Santos is exactly the politician we deserve here in the Dumbest Timeline. If anything, his only crime was being too transparent with the grifting and corruption. Since when is transparency a bad thing?

#Santos2024

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

MODS?!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Joe Biden floats Gavin Newsom presidency at APEC welcome reception in San Francisco

Newsom should be disqualified for being unable to imagine running against Harris.

Not like I live in a place where my vote actually matters on the national level, but goddamn I would have a really hard time voting for this rear end in a top hat.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I forgot the detail that Biden publicly promised to pick a woman as his VP on stage at the last Dem Primary debate in March as a needless gimmick three weeks before Bernie suspended his campaign lol.

And then he ends up picking the woman who got less popular votes than Marianne Williamson in the primary.

Harris ended her campaign before the first primary was even held.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Probably the biggest knock against Harris' Vice-Presidency is that there's been no evidence of effort to try and grow her standing and political capital as a future leader in the Democratic Party. That may not entirely be on her, certainly the Biden administration has given her some thankless jobs like border security which were never going to result in a happy or successful resolution. It does place a lot of risk on what happens if Biden dies or becomes incapacitated though, overnight Harris is going to have to become the face of both the party and government and if they haven't built up public confidence in her then there's a greater chance of the GOP managing to sweep in on the next election under the "Dems in Disarray" banner.

This is one of my biggest criticisms of Biden: during the 2020 election, there were all these quotes and stories from campaign staffers about how Biden would be a stable, technocratic, "don't rock the boat" president who would restore some sense of calm and stability to the White House while also raising up the next generation of Democratic candidates ahead of 2024. While he may have been the former, he sure as poo poo hasn't done the latter. Harris hardly conveys that she likes being vice president and doesn't have a public policy agenda or win that she can point to; Buttigieg seems like he's doing a decent job at his own secretariat role but he seems to be effectively marginalized in terms of being a potential national-level candidate. I've increasingly seen Biden as a self-centered egoist for seeking reelection to the highest office at 82 years old- an age when most people are talking about taking the car keys away from Dad- and he's done a drat good job of countering any opposition to him from would-be challengers. I know it's not 2016 anymore, but it still seems to me like Democratic strategists haven't learned to stop underestimating Trump when their own candidate is increasingly unpopular within his own party and has been battling low approval ratings for his entire presidency.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ded posted:

legit crypto?

:lol:

If it’s legitimate crypto, the regulatory body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

CIDRAP: Undiagnosed pneumonia outbreak in China puts pressure on pediatric hospitals, prompts questions

If it’s only hitting kids hard, and it’s been going on for some time and in distant geographic locations, my hot take is that it’s probably not a novel pathogen. You can bet on that a hundred times and win ninety‐nine of them. Just don’t stake the house on it, because you will lose once per decade.

Be that as it may, “mysterious respiratory illness emerging in China” is the kind of late 2019 vintage I’d prefer never to tap again.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Eric Adams is having a really lovely month, between being under investigation for possible fundraising violations and now being accused of sexual assault. Maybe a Cuomo bid for Mayor is less unlikely but goddamn New York politics is a loving cesspool.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

McNally posted:

The White House was on the verge of collapsing in on itself because of some questionable choices made during previous administrations.

american_history_since_1776.txt

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

If there's one thing I'll give Elon Musk credit for, it's being able to live the real American Dream: to be rich enough to tell anyone who might try to hold you accountable to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/zachsilberberg/status/1730074559309598850