Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

how tf do you even end up that terrified of like the mildest imaginable stuff

That's me sitting here in disbelief that "trunk or treating" is a thing??? I thought the moral panic of razor blades in candy and child snatchers on the streets was a late 80s early 90s thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Elviscat posted:

Look at all those huge trees!

Let's cut 'em all down! Every single one!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

speaking of nerds, check out what happened with another nerd's fascination with MMA

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1720599339725140293

Nelson-HaHa.jpg

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

There's a BUNCH of gray area experimental poo poo that can cut that down to under a year, especially with the kinds of 24 hour on call physical therapy team he's gonna have to aggressively rehab it.

Great more fodder for the adrenochrome loons.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

TheWeedNumber posted:

Marine Under Investigation After Publishing Memoir About Sexual Relationship with Young Potential Recruit

Omg

E: can we make an exception to the usual rule? This one needs to go and I hope it loving hurts too.

God drat. And hot on the heels of a bunch of folks being voluntold to become recruiters? What timing.

quote:

In one of the book excerpts, Champagne wrote that he was "presented with a no-contact order for Cosette and her father" and "was told I was under investigation for sexual harassment and sexual assault."

Kristi Champagne, his ex-wife, and her father, Kersch, said that they filed complaints over the last two years with the Azle Police Department in Texas, the Naval Criminal Investigative Service and Champagne's current and former units about what they described as a history of abusive behavior, including sexual assault.

Fuckin' oof.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 9, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah people are getting jacked off like crazy in DC, it’s not just some hysterical right wing news problem.

Phrasing.

Ironically, either reading of it can still be the right wing news panic of the day.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

welp I thought REI was cool, so much for that.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

REI is designed to be superficially appealing to its customer base. the people that buy expensive touch grass gear generally like the idea of a coop

I feel called out but also their climbing wall was the ultimate attractive nuisance to young me.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Midjack posted:

I'll believe either of those when I see them happen.

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if this is the thing the broken clock decides to be right about, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

E: ^^^ that can not be real :stare:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

If I have kids, they shall read from the sacred books: the Calvin and Hobbes collections.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The Mighty Ducks cartoon, in which anthropomorphic ducks who played hockey during the day were masked crime fighters at night was better than the Mighty Ducks movie. :colbert: Don't @ me.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Didn't they have blasters that shot, like, energy pucks or something?

Straight up, it was wild.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I has really hoped it was to market a new line of edibles, tbh.

In actual news: all kinds of corporate shenanigans around OpenAI over the weekend, with the board ousting Altman the CEO with another board member stepping down. Since then apparently another is ready to resign, Altman immediately got a job at Microsoft, and a whole shitpile of OpenAI employees have threatened to walk and/or join MS as well.

Part of me wants their ai to have awakened and arranged a board coup through controlling their emails or some such trashy airport pulp fiction malarkey.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 20, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

There's a lot of money to be made in a tool that I terraces between cameras, photoshop, and Facebook. All it needs to do is hash and private key the metadata along the way. Take a photo? Your camera signs it with your private key with tags with location and time. Edit a photo? Every stock image you use is listed on a metadata table, with their own metadata and hash. Every filter package used is listed. You sign the result with your private key and now when it shows up on CNN it's got a chain code that confirms who made it and where all the material was sourced from.

It's the dystopian future of content licencing, image sellers want it to trace their products and social media needs it to trace various levels of fakes. Same thing with audio.

But where does the blockchain fit in and how can we limit it to proprietary FPGAs that we have huge margin on?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1726989224073896365

Just the biggest fuckin' punchable nerd to ever have nerded.

God hes the cringest motherfucker alive.

The musk simps are close, but he is the king.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I can't find polls asking the question later than 2021, but at that point over half of Republicans believed he was still the President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Who the gently caress stabs a child, good chirst.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

SerthVarnee posted:

Have they considered forcing the senators to work unpaid overtime until all matters of the day have been resolved?

Oh us working poor have advocated for that for a very long time. Somehow the powers that be aren't too receptive to the idea.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

TheWeedNumber posted:

(...) #&@#$@%$#@#@

Look speak English, I'm rusty on regex

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Share Message - US charges Indian man in alleged assassination plot
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67570007

Looks like they were gearing up to assassinate another Sikh separatist, but this time on American soil (and an American citizen, no less)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

It's perfect