Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

maffew buildings posted:

Junior is doing fine and doesn't seem to want to be left alone - he's got his podcast, he's driving late models, I don't know why OH not Junior Junior, the dipshit one

I can never remember which one is Stank and which one is Chode. I also do not care enough to attempt to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

*shrug* What's going to happen to him about it? He's a republican. They don't even bother with strongly worded letters to file in the circular bin anymore. This guy could be as bought and paid for as Clarence Thomas is and the only thing that will ever, ever happen is a few seconds thought about how they can attack the democrats with the same talking point.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Herstory Begins Now posted:

youngkin eating poo poo is a particular delight and additionally kinda funny because he'd been pointed at as a model for republicans to imitate after his success with the culture war poo poo he ran on

lowkey i think republicans are bleeding centrists votes to dems and are loving their own election chances in competitive areas as long as that goes on. conversely republicans ever actually pivoting back towards the center would get a ton of those people back voting r, but also there's pretty much zero meaningful republican push in that direction and the people who would've pushed for that keep announcing that they're not seeking re-election

What's preventing Youngkin from pulling the "I'm the victim because I lost while FIGHTING FOR YOU! They're not after me THEY'RE AFTER YOU!" stuff a lot in response to this loss? That's the ratcheting trap they've stuck their leg in with an increasingly radicalized fascist base, and seems to normally be the response from R politicians trying to save their own skin. Republicans seem to do best when they're denied any actual responsibility and have the freedom to throw their dirty diapers everywhere in constant tantrums then blame the other party for all this poo poo smeared on the walls. Having the two chambers against him means he has the option to go screaming full fascist to the base while at the exact same time dodging all the obvious lovely outcomes of his rhetoric by having the other side block it all. Full disclaimer that I don't live there so probably wrong on something, just going off what I see. Republicans don't seem to get punished until they catch the car then ban Roe v Wade and stuff like that.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I know it would be a less than ideal timeline but wondering how midterms would go for GOP after two years of every other social security payment being missed with no one answering the phone, multiple air crashes as controllers try to work 120 hour weeks, and bare store shelves along with export crops rotting in ports as customs tries to cope.

"Look how lovely everything has gotten since the most perfect solutions ever were implemented on day 1. God drat deep state democrats sabotaging our wonderful president, they're just evil. What won't they do to be able to more efficiently kick puppies?"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Pity it's stuck on that rear end in a top hat.

Before you cheer him on too much in calling the House GOP to account, remember that the things he wants to be able to brag to his constituents about getting done are not things that the likes of you or I would want to happen.

I haven't done it because I'm lazy and phone posting but I'd bet dollars to a doughnut his voting record supports the problem he's performatively yelling about for the cameras. He's a Republican, he wouldn't keep his seat if he fixed problems or made things better. He's not wrong about the problem he's talking about, I just have a while heaping spoonful of doubt he's done anything other than make the problem worse and then use it for a sound bite.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

orange juche posted:

I would be perfectly ok with this, I have no love for apartheid clyde and if he stuffs it in one of his rockets I'll be pretty happy. I still want SpaceX to get us back to the moon.

Trying to lead the first crewed mission to Mars and then blowing up on the launch pad never leaving Earth's gravity would be the perfect end. Never accomplishing anything and ten years later he's in the dustbin of history. I could also accept making it halfway there and then realizing he wanted to move-fast-and-break-things his way out of radiation shielding or something.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Defenestrategy posted:

Ive had a pet theory that the people who want to be "proud of being white" dont actually know what they mean.

Well, they know what they mean in a negative-value kind of way. They don't know, or much care really, what specifics that means they are for but they goddam sure know what (read; who) it means that they're against.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

If it actually got appealed that high, yes. I dunno that it does. Appeals cost money, and I don’t think the petitioners here have the gumption to appeal all the way through Colorado courts and then the SCOTUS.

I have every level of faith in the SCOTUS that we're going to have for the next few decades finding some absurd, superficial excuse to outline exactly why something would apply to a Democratic president but not Donald Trump.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
And there won't be a nanosecond of reflection when Argentina does not, in fact, find prosperity ahead because a lunatic gets elected.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Argh he set the marshmallow on fire that just ruins the whole thing and results in such an inferior treat. Gotta go slow with that kind of thing and brown the outside over time while heating the entire marshmallow to gooey, tasty goodness. This works especially well with my family tradition of roasting Peeps instead of marshmallows. Go slow and caramelize the sugar coating into a wonderful, crunchy shell and then the inside is all melted, delicious diabetes but those are REALLY terrible to set on fire. The sugar coating just turns into carbon and all you taste is burnt terribleness if you aren't going to be patient and put in the work for something good.

Yes I have strong opinions on campfire roasting of foods. Suck it. :colbert:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him worse than he was. Louder, stupider, angrier. The $44 billion ManChild.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Trump just burped out his "health report" on that other social media channel. He still has the best brains, better than most with tears in their eyes, has excellent health and will be bigly stamina-full for a very longer time, plus he even managed to lose weight from his previous 215 pounds. Not linking to anything because gently caress him and everything he touches.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Elviscat posted:

I would also like to point out, the statement Trump released stated his cognitive abilities were "exceptional" which might be literally true.

I don't think that dumb sack of poo poo possesses the faculties to present that kind of nuance. Comes across as more narcissist speak to me, "I, the bigly-est best boy to ever do a thing, did that thing better than anyone else. The doctors, with tears in their eyes, said they had never seen someone as yuge-ly best as me."

Bonus, if it's the normal "Do you have dementia?" test it's like a 1-10 scale with half of it being "Can draw the face of a clock" that a third grader will have a perfect score on but again with the narcissism he has to be the absolute most perfectly best, better than anyone, at anything, at all times.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

M_Gargantua posted:

That doesn't look like a car bomb.

Yeah it doesn't look like any kind of conventional explosive going off, it looks like a rapidly burning fire happening and then going out.

Yes I know there's chemist/physicist pedantry that can be had in this conversation I also don't care.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

orange juche posted:

search your heart, you know why the tesla crashed

It thought the toll booth was a small child so it accelerated?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Terrifying Effigies posted:

So Fox still pushing it as terrorism, although now they're saying "maybe it was a stolen car" lol.

MTG was making GBS threads out hot takes about SECURE OUR BORDER BIDEN CRIME FAMILY TRYING TO GREAT REPLACE US so that's what is circling in the right wing fever swamps. Can't ditch the talking point too fast. Need to keep scared old people angry at the right target.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is there a way to fly national flags at double mast in celebration?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

bulletsponge13 posted:

In a 5 to 4 decision, SCOTUS declares the FTC unconstitutional.

You joke, but they're drat close to it. The 5th circuit is trying to rule this way for every single agency of the federal government by using a case about the SEC.

https://www.vox.com/2022/5/19/23130569/jarkesy-fifth-circuit-sec

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I love me Anya Taylor-Joy, but that casting choice honestly surprised the hell out of me.

Might actually consider seeing something on the big screen for the first time since 2018

Dune was worth the trip to a theater, and I will be going out for the second half as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Remember, remember, the.....fifth....of November? poo poo I'm late.