Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

kill me now posted:

I really just wanted to post the clip, its so good.

Side note, they just announced Letterkenny's next season will be their last season. :rip:

I love Letterkenny but it's run out of gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

That Works posted:

Haven’t watched it yet but the Shoresy spinoff is supposedly very good? If you like Letterkenny that is

It's less joke-a-minute, but far from a slow burn.

It does a decent job of turning Shoresy the character into more than a single joke.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Hannibal Rex posted:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/killer-whales-work-with-humans

I always like the story about humans and orcas hunting together for generations. Unfortunately, it ended like you know it would.

He fixes their cable?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

Correct me, but isn't that case where his legal team hosed up the paperwork and it is now a bench trial?

Maybe you'd want to NOT argue and belittle the guy who is keeping you from prison.

A) it was never going to be a jury trial; the judge corrected that misconception

B) it's a civil trial, essentially over giving the Trump Org the business death sentence. The only risk of prison here is for contempt of court.

C) Trump and his attorneys are incredibly obviously trying to bait the judge into a reaction for appeal grounds. Like far, far beyond the point that there's any doubt.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Crab Dad posted:

How the gently caress are there so many reservists in gov employment when the number one reason to be a reservist is the cheap healthcare that you arnt eligible for as a gov employee?

Seriously I lost the main reason to be a navy reservist. Skating just ain’t as much fun anymore.

We have an AF reservist who hired in the year before I did (2015) and has worked there four less years than I have. She loves to volunteer for any activation they get.

And she's guaranteed a job when she comes back.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'd be ok with a Thanos snap at SSA.

It'd make America remember "oh yeah, someone I love probably uses social services even if I don't."

(plus my SSN ends in 2, motherfuckers!)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It's a bad bill, but this is Chicken Little-ing a good bit.

https://www.stopkosa.com/

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It'd be fun if Trump's lifestyle choices catch up with him all at once and the big fat red baby drops dead from McDonald's overdose, the only thing I'm not sure of is when it would be the funniest to happen. At his sentencing? At the RNC accepting his nomination? At a debate vs Biden? In an actual jail cell, a la Epstein?

Please note I am not violating federal law because I am not in any way saying that I would contribute to the event which I would enjoy a great deal

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

In one of the great NHL Sega Genesis games you could make players so my five guys on the Ducks were named after the cartoon, except I couldn’t figure out how to make a goalie so I’d trade for the Chicago Blackhawks elite guy. So my powerhouse team consisted of Wildwing Flashblade, Mallory McMallard, and Ed Belfour.

Kinda hosed up considering Belfour's nickname.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Great, another loving role goes to Chris Pratt

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

OOOOh oooohhhh Big Army shitcanned Allen West's nephew

https://twitter.com/davis_winkie/status/1726728692129485310

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

nonono. I'm in a place that actually has a native culture and cuisine, and is actually in the South and doesn't have Dunkin' doughnuts everywhere.

yeah you're from the state where the short nimrod fascist intent on destroying higher education already occurred 15 years ago

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Discussion Quorum posted:

See, I'm from Louisiana too, and I had to have a good long think about who you might be referring to here.

Not due to a shortage of candidates, mind you. It was the opposite problem.

Fun fact- Bobby Jindal is the only living ex-Governor of Louisiana.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

As a product of 80s/90s education, I can say that anything that encouraged developing a critical eye to what was in front of you was absolutely not going to be a textbook. They were all about instilling the capital letters Belief In What You Are Reading

edit- in fact, and it kills me that I can't remember which book, but in like an 11th/12th grade lit class we covered a story with an unreliable narrator and it just absolutely broke these kids' brains. The idea that the omnipotent relayer of facts could be a lying piece of poo poo with an agenda (or, you know, just a flawed person whose perspective colors their description of events) was too much for them to handle. You can figure they did poorly when they got to the age to start seeing historical revisionism.

GD_American fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

I had no idea Kissenger won the Peace Prize until today. I knew a little bit about him and what he did, but never knew that.
I'm suddenly very angry he is dead and not somehow suffering torment on this plane forever.

Other notable Nobel Peace Prize winners:

Barack "Sky Robots of Death" Obama
Yasser Arafat