Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PFL champion are you most looking forward to seeing this month?
This poll is closed.
Olivier Aubin-Mercier 1 3.85%
Larissa Pacheco 4 15.38%
Sadibou Sy 1 3.85%
Lance Palmer 0 0%
Nicco Montano 1 3.85%
Alexander Shlemenko 2 7.69%
Bobby Southworth 3 11.54%
Hardcore Holly 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Vinc Pichel's yearly fight has been canceled

https://twitter.com/MikeHeck_JR/status/1720461383681159225?t=J2b4J3KCvEAVi-RWhh1U8Q&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Digital Jedi posted:

ONE FC Friday fights already live and 2 fights in. Forgot about that daylight savings change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKUAVJamNU8

i am behind and playing catch up, but we had two fights in a row with a Royal and a Royle???

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

if bareknuckle mma was a real thing, that would be the worst judge's decision

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

if there was 20 mins of cage action total i'd be stunned.

21:33 is what i've got

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: B-League Round-Up :siren:

Bellator 301

Well, it’s finally here, the last Bellator. It’s been quite the ride. The early days of The Toughest Tournament in Sports, Ben Askren, Cole Konrad, the Brothers Pitbull.

Wait, no. This isn’t right. Bellator shouldn’t get a eulogy, at least not right now. There are fifty-leven prelims to cover and none of these guys are going to show up next year in the new horrifying PFL/Bellator amalgam, so let’s just jump into the card.

We open things off with some middle-aged Featherweights, as Yves “You Know” Landu takes on Isao Kobayashi. Kobayashi is I guess the current Pancrase champ, but he has not fought since 2021. Also, since it’s Pancrase, his ratio of title defenses to just normal fights is very silly. Landu is ok, nothing spectacular, but he’s been far more active. Also, Kobayashi is 0-2 in Bellator, but those came back in 2015-6, and he’s gone 9-1 since then.

Up next, undefeated Ramazan Kuramagomedov faces Randall Wallace, a veteran of Urijah Faber’s A1 Combat. Matheus Mattos takes on Richard Palencia, and the only reason I shine a light on this bout is both guys have been out for a year with leg injuries. Mattos got his one fight after beating Cee Jay Hamilton, and Palencia got his losing to Cee Jay Hamilton. That’s kind of neat, right?

Keri Taylor-Melendez returns to the Circlegon for the first time since 2020 to take on “The Turkish Fighter” Sabriye Sengul. Sengul is 3-3 with a win and loss each by KO, submission, and decision, aka the most well-balanced fighter of all time.

Undefeated Archie Colgan faces Pieter Buist, and Islam Mamedov looks to get back to his winning ways against Killys Mota. Sumiko Inaba puts her undefeated record on the line against Denise Kielholtz in what might have been a title eliminator if Bellator was a going concern for 2024.

We’ve got yet another undefeated fighter in action as Timur Khizriev faces Justin Gonzales. The prelims finish in the best way possible with a TRASHWEIGHT bout. Tyrell Fortune takes on Marcelo Golm.

Now we head to the main card, and there’s not a fight about 155 pounds, which is ideal.

It wouldn’t be a Bellator finale without a Pitbull brother, so here’s Patricky taking on Alexander Shabily in the Lightweight Grand Prix Semi-Finals. This feels like a throwback because Shabily is just a regular, non-Dagestani Russian. Bellator hasn’t had one of those in the lower weight classes in like 8 years!

AJ McKee takes on Sidney Outlaw. McKee has bounced back from his dreadful rematch against Patricio Pitbull to rack up a pair of decision wins. Outlaw most recently beat Islam Mamedov, but missed weight, so he is most shameful. Despite that, his Tapology profile is great, because he clearly entered his own information. College: School of pain. Coach: Jesus Christ. Foundation Style: Win. Other Coaches: Life. Hell yeah, Sid!

Next up, we’ve got a rematch that nobody should have asked for. Raufeon Stots faces Danny Sabatello. They met last year in the Bantamweight Grand Prix, and while Sabatello showed some good wrestling takedown skills, he did precisely zero things after securing the takedown. Most people scored the fight 48-47 for Stots, but everyone’s favorite addle-pated uncle, Doug Crosby had it 50-45 for Sabatello.

In the CO MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING, Sergio Pettis defends the Bantamweight title against Interim Bantamweight champ and Grand Prix winner, Patchy Mix. This fight should be real fuckin rad!

In the main event, Yaroslav Amosov defends the Welterweight title against Jason “The rear end-Kicking Machine” Jackson. Jackson is on a six fight win streak, including old-rear end Strasser Kunimoto, welterweight Bendo Hendo, and literally just A Gracie. Amosov, who’s primary gym is called Germs and his secondary is the Mortal Kombat character Ermak, is 27-0, looking for title defense number two.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

It's a very Bellator thing to have grand prix semi final on what possibly could be their last could card.

it's also fitting that the active champ of the grand prix got stripped for doin illegal steroid drugs. even in its death throes, bellator manages to be funny

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I still watch just about everything UFC does, but it is hard to care about fights/fighters

I echo the sentiment that the matchmaking is a big issue. It's hard to watch someone spin their wheels for years and not get any closer to the top of the rankings because the same 4 guys just trade numbers and title opportunities.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Patchy Mix rules.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Both fights ended up mentally tormenting the loser as well.

Bisping said he was sent the redcoat photoshop daily for months if not years.

Koscheck couldn't get on a plane for I think a few weeks because his orbital was so shattered

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

One other fun little bit from Hendo vs Bisping: Between rounds, his corner yells at Mike that he's moving to the left too much, or "YOU'RE WALKING ONTO HIS BACK HAND, IT'S ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!" but he just can't help himself and keeps circling left, right into his own demise

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

sorry to interrupt a lively and entertaining discussion, but well...

PFL 10: World Championships - Friday, November 11

We’ve made it to the fireworks factory. Well, maybe it’s just the sparkler store. Either way, it’s the PFL Championships. There are six world titles at stake tonight, so let’s jump right into the card breakdown.

The prelims start with some guys. Jesse Stirn versus Josh Blyden and Khai Wu versus Phil Caracappa. There are no notable things I can find to say about these four men.

Next up is the rubber match between Bubba “Bad Man” Jenkins and “The Long Island Killer” Chris Wade. Wade took the first meeting in 2021 by decision, and Jenkins returned the favor this year. Both men are wrestlers who fell to 2022 champ Brendan Loughnane, and both lost in the playoffs of 2023. Because they are so similar, they hate each other immensely.

Then there’s the contractually obligated Biaggio Ali Walsh Amateur Hours Showcase match. Did you know: Biaggio Ali Walsh is the grandson of Muhammed Ali?

To show how much PFL really doesn’t want either guy here, the Featherweight title bout is the Prelim Main Event as Jesus Pinedo takes on Gabriel Alves Braga. These two met at PFL 1 this year, with Braga taking a split decision. Another thing to keep an eye on is that Pinedo missed weight for his playoff bout against Bubba Jenkins. Will he hit 145.0 on the dot against Braga? Or will it be a shitshow?

To start the main card, we have a classic Big Dumb Idiot Fight as Ray “Bradda Boy” Cooper III makes his Middleweight debut against former UFC participant Derek Brunson. At 5’7”, Cooper was severely undersized as a Welterweight, but he just punched people in the face, real fuckin hard, so most of the time that didn’t matter that much. Here, he’s giving up half a foot of reach and height. Let’s hope both guys embrace how stupid this matchup is and just swang hammers at each other until someone falls over. Or, more likely, Brunson just wrestles the hell out of Cooper.

Next up, we’ve got the last non-title fight as Kayla Harrison takes on Aspen Ladd. Harrison has not fought in over a year since losing for the first time ever to Larissa Pacheco in the tournament finals. This is also just the second time she’s making the Featherweight limit, having done a trial run in Invicta in 2020. Ladd is on a one-fight win streak, submitting Karolina Sobek back in June.

We are now at the start of five straight title fights. For the Light Heavyweight title, Impa Kasanganay faces off against Josh Silveira. Impa’s riding a five fight, four finish win streak, while Josh has won three in a row, all by first round stoppage. What happens when two guys with power that know the other guy has power meet? You guessed it: Tepid Kickboxing!

In the Welterweight title bout, we finally get our required dosage of B-League Magomed, as Magomed Magomedkerimov faces “The Swedish Denzel” Sadibou Sy. Magomedkerimov hasn’t lost since he failed to capture the 2021 PFL title, winning five in a row. Sy, on a seven fight win streak of his own, took home the 2022 PFL belt and is looking to go back to back. I feel like I should have made a reference to a Denzel movie, but I’m tired. So very tired.

Larissa Pacheco is looking to become Featherweight champ with her tenth straight win as she faces Marina Mokhnatkina. Marina has won five in a row, including three finishes, while Pacheco has 7 stoppage wins in her streak, all coming inside the first round. With Amanda Nunes retired, we need Pacheco to continue the proud tradition of a hard punching Brazilian 145er. Let’s go, Larissa!

In the co-main event, we’ve got BIG BEEF’UM BOI ACTION! Renan Ferreira faces off against Denis Goltsov. Ferreira has won two in a row, while Goltsov has won five straight, his last loss coming in 2021. But really, the story here is both guys are mildly cursed. Goltsov’s Tapology page is full of fight cancellations, withdrawals, and rebookings. He’s 10-2 in PFL, and has had 9 other fights fall apart. As for Ferreira, his curse has taken the form of Weird poo poo Going On. Renan is 5-1 in PFL with 3 No Contests. The first one came in 2021 against Fabricio Werdum. Ferreira was originally declared the victor by ground and pound TKO, but video review showed he actually tapped to Werdum’s triangle choke prior to escaping (And he only escaped because Werdum thought he had just won) and beginning the punching. Next up, Renan lost a decision to Klidson Abreu in 2022, but that was overturned when Klidson failed a test for an unspecified banned substance. Then Ferreira dropped another decision to Rizvan Kuniev in 2023, but Kuniev tested positive for the following anabolic steroids: drostanolone, metenelone, boldenone, and 19-norandrosterone. So this fight actually taking place and the result not getting changed after the fact is going to be a tough loving journey, a real hard row to hoe.

We are finally at the main event, the Lightweight title bout between “Cassius” Clay Collard and “The Canadian Gangster” Olivier Aubin-Mercier. Collard has won all three of his 2023 PFL bouts by punching, punching, just endlessly punching people. His strategy to counter anything done by his opponent is to punch them, many times. OAM has won 9 in a row, including taking home the 2022 170 lb title over Stevie Ray. He has not tasted defeat since 2019. This should be an exceptional card, because OAM will try to not get punched, but buddy, if you think you ain’t getting punched while in a fight against Clay Collard, you’ve got another thing coming. That other thing? You guessed it, punches!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dunc, in the long-forgotten past posted:

didn't want to gently caress my wife
had no testes all my life

had it bad, fever, dengue
we cannot roll if you are gay

was too well trained, my knee was sprained
had the flu, was feeling drained

it was not roids, 'twas novodex
off to japan, where they don't test

i hurt my back and my knees too
failed a drug test from barbeque

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i am thankful for my good posting friends and the good posts they make here.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

chris weidman's various poop stories

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

sorry to interrupt a lively and entertaining discussion, but well...

PFL 10: World Championships - Friday, November 11

We’ve made it to the fireworks factory. Well, maybe it’s just the sparkler store. Either way, it’s the PFL Championships. There are six world titles at stake tonight, so let’s jump right into the card breakdown.

The prelims start with some guys. Jesse Stirn versus Josh Blyden and Khai Wu versus Phil Caracappa. There are no notable things I can find to say about these four men.

Next up is the rubber match between Bubba “Bad Man” Jenkins and “The Long Island Killer” Chris Wade. Wade took the first meeting in 2021 by decision, and Jenkins returned the favor this year. Both men are wrestlers who fell to 2022 champ Brendan Loughnane, and both lost in the playoffs of 2023. Because they are so similar, they hate each other immensely.

Then there’s the contractually obligated Biaggio Ali Walsh Amateur Hours Showcase match. Did you know: Biaggio Ali Walsh is the grandson of Muhammed Ali?

To show how much PFL really doesn’t want either guy here, the Featherweight title bout is the Prelim Main Event as Jesus Pinedo takes on Gabriel Alves Braga. These two met at PFL 1 this year, with Braga taking a split decision. Another thing to keep an eye on is that Pinedo missed weight for his playoff bout against Bubba Jenkins. Will he hit 145.0 on the dot against Braga? Or will it be a shitshow?

To start the main card, we have a classic Big Dumb Idiot Fight as Ray “Bradda Boy” Cooper III makes his Middleweight debut against former UFC participant Derek Brunson. At 5’7”, Cooper was severely undersized as a Welterweight, but he just punched people in the face, real fuckin hard, so most of the time that didn’t matter that much. Here, he’s giving up half a foot of reach and height. Let’s hope both guys embrace how stupid this matchup is and just swang hammers at each other until someone falls over. Or, more likely, Brunson just wrestles the hell out of Cooper.

Next up, we’ve got the last non-title fight as Kayla Harrison takes on Aspen Ladd. Harrison has not fought in over a year since losing for the first time ever to Larissa Pacheco in the tournament finals. This is also just the second time she’s making the Featherweight limit, having done a trial run in Invicta in 2020. Ladd is on a one-fight win streak, submitting Karolina Sobek back in June.

We are now at the start of five straight title fights. For the Light Heavyweight title, Impa Kasanganay faces off against Josh Silveira. Impa’s riding a five fight, four finish win streak, while Josh has won three in a row, all by first round stoppage. What happens when two guys with power that know the other guy has power meet? You guessed it: Tepid Kickboxing!

In the Welterweight title bout, we finally get our required dosage of B-League Magomed, as Magomed Magomedkerimov faces “The Swedish Denzel” Sadibou Sy. Magomedkerimov hasn’t lost since he failed to capture the 2021 PFL title, winning five in a row. Sy, on a seven fight win streak of his own, took home the 2022 PFL belt and is looking to go back to back. I feel like I should have made a reference to a Denzel movie, but I’m tired. So very tired.

Larissa Pacheco is looking to become Featherweight champ with her tenth straight win as she faces Marina Mokhnatkina. Marina has won five in a row, including three finishes, while Pacheco has 7 stoppage wins in her streak, all coming inside the first round. With Amanda Nunes retired, we need Pacheco to continue the proud tradition of a hard punching Brazilian 145er. Let’s go, Larissa!

In the co-main event, we’ve got BIG BEEF’UM BOI ACTION! Renan Ferreira faces off against Denis Goltsov. Ferreira has won two in a row, while Goltsov has won five straight, his last loss coming in 2021. But really, the story here is both guys are mildly cursed. Goltsov’s Tapology page is full of fight cancellations, withdrawals, and rebookings. He’s 10-2 in PFL, and has had 9 other fights fall apart. As for Ferreira, his curse has taken the form of Weird poo poo Going On. Renan is 5-1 in PFL with 3 No Contests. The first one came in 2021 against Fabricio Werdum. Ferreira was originally declared the victor by ground and pound TKO, but video review showed he actually tapped to Werdum’s triangle choke prior to escaping (And he only escaped because Werdum thought he had just won) and beginning the punching. Next up, Renan lost a decision to Klidson Abreu in 2022, but that was overturned when Klidson failed a test for an unspecified banned substance. Then Ferreira dropped another decision to Rizvan Kuniev in 2023, but Kuniev tested positive for the following anabolic steroids: drostanolone, metenelone, boldenone, and 19-norandrosterone. So this fight actually taking place and the result not getting changed after the fact is going to be a tough loving journey, a real hard row to hoe.

We are finally at the main event, the Lightweight title bout between “Cassius” Clay Collard and “The Canadian Gangster” Olivier Aubin-Mercier. Collard has won all three of his 2023 PFL bouts by punching, punching, just endlessly punching people. His strategy to counter anything done by his opponent is to punch them, many times. OAM has won 9 in a row, including taking home the 2022 170 lb title over Stevie Ray. He has not tasted defeat since 2019. This should be an exceptional card, because OAM will try to not get punched, but buddy, if you think you ain’t getting punched while in a fight against Clay Collard, you’ve got another thing coming. That other thing? You guessed it, punches!

pfl is live on espn plus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

because i am sicko number 1, i have written 4000 words about bellator

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4048505