Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PFL champion are you most looking forward to seeing this month?
This poll is closed.
Olivier Aubin-Mercier 1 3.85%
Larissa Pacheco 4 15.38%
Sadibou Sy 1 3.85%
Lance Palmer 0 0%
Nicco Montano 1 3.85%
Alexander Shlemenko 2 7.69%
Bobby Southworth 3 11.54%
Hardcore Holly 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Omnikin posted:

randomly jumping in to say these morning fights have been pretty nice. I enjoy watching live fights with my morning coffee & work from home, ngl

edit - and an absolutely spot-on liverkick that was so loving brutal the loser couldn't even stay in the ring for the KO announcement, incredible

To add to that, the after fight interviews are inspiring, and feel good moments. Humble fighters, great commentary, great presentation. Every week after watching One, I remember why I lost the desire to watch/pay for UFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

beep by grandpa posted:

Could be just me being lame but does right now seem like one of the worst stretches UFC has seen in a while? As far as upcoming fights, possible upcoming fights, current champions and up and comers, etc. I don't think I'm like outgrowing it or anything, but I feel significantly less interested these last few months and to me it feels like it's because the product has seen a reduction in quality

AndyElusive posted:

All that Trumpy bullshit with Jr and Tucker Carlson getting screen time has me wondering the same thing.

Like, maybe I'm not the target audience anymore and maybe I never was.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

the pretence of the UFC being part of a sport was much stronger in the pre-Conor days

he heralded the end

Agree on all these posts. My waning of the UFC has been since late last year, but it's been significant.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
One thing I started to notice a few years back was feeling very unfulfilled more often than not after dishing out $65-75 CDN per PPV. It was such a gamble to actually get a great card. It's almost like the champs were often fighting to "not lose" instead of "to win", and the undercards where fighters were trying to make a name for themselves were the only good fights (when it wasn't a wrestler just holding down a striker for 3 rds).

In addition, some of the fight nights weren't broadcast up in Canada, and that made it harder to keep up with.

Also, I've lost touch with the friends that used to get together for the PPV's (probably for the best), so the only people I talk about MMA with is here, and I post like ~4 times a year.

If it wasn't for this thread, I'd probably not watch MMA at all due to the above factors. The One Friday fights have been a shining beacon in the darkness of the UFC for me lately.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
One thing many of us forgot about (including me) was Dana hitting his wife in public last Jan. That really turned me off, and basically influenced my "boycott" this year. He never had any repercussions from that afaict. Dana White Privilege in it's highest form.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Marching Powder posted:

am i misremembering? or did i just watched a twitter video like 2 days ago where dana referenced it as a promotional anecdote for white power slap getting social media buzz or whatever.

It happened Jan 3rd I think, with Power Slap starting Jan 18th, but I doubt slapping your wife would help much with promotion. He did apologize I guess (100% his PR person wrote it).

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/dana-white-slaps-wife-during-physical-altercation-on-new-years-eve-there-is-no-excuse/

e. If there's evidence is was to promote DWPS, please let me know, because that's... um.

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 16, 2023

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Chris James 2 posted:

Here you go. 5 days ago

Oooof, thanks for posting. And sorry if it seemed I was doubting you Marching Powder, I was going to post "no way he said that", but I know you (and most of the thread) know your stuff, so I knew there had to be some truth behind it.

Really bothers me that to really succeed in this world you have to be a lovely human. At least in this current hellworld, it's much more obvious to see.
Rich in money and not friends/relationships, or vice versa.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Lets go!

ONE Friday Fights 41: Dedduanglek vs. Nakrob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3L6HTyMdMg

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Thank you Digital Jedi for getting me hooked on this every Friday.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
My top 5 most satisfying rear end-whoopins

Holm kicking Rouseys head off
Diaz choking out Conor
Khabib destroying Conor
GSP dominating Koshcheck
GSP dominating Niaz

And out of all those fighters, I only like one of them.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

beep by grandpa posted:

nunes/cyborg

I don't think anyone thought that would be so one sided. I screamed so loud at those knockdowns

gently caress, I forgot that one.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Johny Hendricks Huge, Massive... Appetite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Why is he staring at Tito?