Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Joe Pavelski has looked pretty old out there tonight.. some bad turnovers and decisions in this one from him so far. Back to back may be testing his endurance at this point in his career lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Gutsy win from the Rangers when they had no business winning after losing Fox and Chytil. For the love of god Fox better not be out for long.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I see Samsonov looks like he's just as frustrating to watch as he was in Washington. Looks great tonight, just robbed Pasta, but I know he's been pretty poo poo overall so far this year.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Oilers had the better of the play that period as expected.. It's going to be a struggle to keep this one deadlocked to OT so I'm guessing Dallas is going to have to get some crazy bounces to take a result out of this one :D

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
What happened to chytil this time

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

All we've been told is upper body injury. But I'm way more concerned about Fox.

What a gutsy win tonight. And a rookie got the game winner.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

He collided with Fast but I think that was in the 1st and Sam said he left in the 2nd so not sure. That man just loves the medical staff.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I see Samsonov looks like he's just as frustrating to watch as he was in Washington. Looks great tonight, just robbed Pasta, but I know he's been pretty poo poo overall so far this year.

Can’t ever fault him on his athleticism but yeah, he struggles to track the play for long stretches and when he loses his confidence he starts flinging his body around and losing the net entirely

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs D are very obviously gassed, Keefe is basically only playing 3 dmen

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Feel like both Boston and Toronto gotta be pretty happy to take at least a point (so far) out of this one. Both have looked pretty sloppy but also dominant for stretches. Dunno what Toronto's problem is, but Boston definitely looks bad with half the defense missing to injury/suspension. Lohrei looked great though in his NHL debut.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Leafs were desperate to blow it in regulation but couldn't quite pull it off.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Feel like both Boston and Toronto gotta be pretty happy to take at least a point (so far) out of this one. Both have looked pretty sloppy but also dominant for stretches. Dunno what Toronto's problem is, but Boston definitely looks bad with half the defense missing to injury/suspension. Lohrei looked great though in his NHL debut.

Leafs' problem is underperforming depth and braindead D. Did you notice Bertuzzi or Domi do anything useful this game?

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
leafs are fuckin terrible and committing penalties but i guess it’s not a big deal

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

i feel like a tie is a fair result for this game. it's probably old man yells at cloud but i miss the tie

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Leafs are also dealing with defensive injuries, they’re basically in the same spot Boston is

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
That was a really dumb play by Nylander

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The weird play where Rielly hosed up by not being aggressive enough in the offensive zone but I can’t imagine Boston not scoring here

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

That was a really dumb play by Nylander

It was a clear 2 on 1 if he didn’t get in there

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

The Leafs are also dealing with defensive injuries, they’re basically in the same spot Boston is

I did think it was odd that I was seeing Giordano out there so much

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol what the gently caress was that sequence by edmonton.. Dallas had full control in their own end and somehow a 90 foot pass got a 3 on 1?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I did think it was odd that I was seeing Giordano out there so much

Old man Gio is effective for roughly 8 minutes of game time and then it starts to get ugly.

It’s been very ugly lately.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
marchand zacha pasta would be my guess

e: nm

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Pretty casual little flip by debrusk

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I almost forgot how dogshit Samsonov is at this

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Debrusk is so loving good. He's not showing up on the scoreboard much this year, but he really deserves to. He's been one of the best Bruins so far IMO.

Hate when things get settled by the gimmick but still happy with the win. Swayman rules.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Welp, Swayman was just a bit better than Sammy in the end

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
bruins culture

Kale
May 14, 2010

Great powerplay as always guys.

Extremely audible clapping in this Arizona arena. Usually can't distinguish individual applause from crowd noise.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

cant blame Barron for that one

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I was pretty confident the Bruins would still be a good team because, even with the loss of Bergeron/Krejci, they have elite players at every other position. But I didn't think they'd be this good. The schedule is definitely a contributing factor, but 9-0-1 is 9-0-1.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If you're going to start David Kampf in OT why wouldn't you coach him to get the gently caress off at the first opportunity?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I was pretty confident the Bruins would still be a good team because, even with the loss of Bergeron/Krejci, they have elite players at every other position. But I didn't think they'd be this good. The schedule is definitely a contributing factor, but 9-0-1 is 9-0-1.

They legit seem to get better each season with every Hall of Fame player that retires. Just hasn't transitioned into the playoffs well. :3:

e: Like man this arena just has the weirdest acoustics. Every individual sound is super audible. I know it's super tiny but I didn't think it would be such a noticeable thing. I feel like I'm watching a golf round almost.

Kale fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 3, 2023

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Sean Monahan is so loving good lmao. Thanks Calgary.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

vanecek what the christ was that lmaoooooo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

secret volcano lair posted:

vanecek what the christ was that lmaoooooo

he has been pretty good in this game too... that was a really bad goal to give up heh

Kale
May 14, 2010

neoaxd posted:

Just kind of like deposited it. Monahan is contributing more than Caufield even atm, it's pretty crazy. I wonder how many games the two of them have won for the Habs at this point that they just don't win if they aren't in the lineup. I think it might be all of them honestly, which is pretty worrying.

Kale fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 3, 2023

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol love that little factoid

"Edmonton was one of only two teams in the NHL to beat Jake Oettinger twice last year..... San Jose was the other"

real elite company there :D

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

neoaxd posted:

9 games in and he has already matched his 22-23 goal record across 25 games. Dude has been unreal this season

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I really like the camera angles they use at the Coyotes game, because of the smaller arena

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

mcmagic posted:

he has been pretty good in this game too... that was a really bad goal to give up heh

i'm still reeling. he fiveholed himself while the puck was moving at about 2mph. how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

9 games in and he has already matched his 22-23 goal record across 25 games. Dude has been unreal this season

Just resign him at this point imo. gently caress that theoretical draft pick.