Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

secret volcano lair posted:

i'm still reeling. he fiveholed himself while the puck was moving at about 2mph. how

well they are gonna win anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

thank you devils powerplay. i love you devils powerplay

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Mon capitaine :)

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Argh!!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
welp

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Matheson's so loving fast.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Thanks Sturm.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
I'm starting to think maybe San Jose isn't very good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
stars good so what

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Wippersnapper posted:

I'm starting to think maybe San Jose isn't very good.

There’s been multiple occasions already where it’s looked like a power play, but it’s not. And not like defence has been out for 2 minutes, seemingly fresh legs.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I was almost concerned that this would end up as a trap game but Vancouver looks like it's playing a glorified ECHL team.

Alrighty, let's check in and see what the Oilers are do... BWAHAHAHAHAH

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
well.. atleast they didn't allow a shorthanded goal against there lol

The team looks gassed. Edmonton has a decent chance of coming back from this.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

yup there's 1 for Edmonton.. this is going to be a rough 10 minutes for Dallas fans lol

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

RHP won't be back. Curse is real.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Jake Allen :catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

yeah OK I put the odds at around 80% that Edmonton wins this game in regulation.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Allen had a rough preseason but has been pretty great in the regular season for the most part. Seems to have gotten the bad goals out of his system when it didn't count as much.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
That pass reception by Pettersson was amazing.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ehh the Stars can probably burn the footage from that game, its a stolen win in a scheduled loss. Can't ask for more out of the backup goaltender than that performance!

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

That last few minutes was great to watch.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Man Suzuki, Caufield, Matheson or god forbid even Slafkovsky kind of need to show up a little bit in the 3rd period. They aren't going to win this one off of Allen and Monahan this time. Like man wouldn't that be something if Slaf who has been quiet as poo poo basically all season suddenly shows up and has a big 3rd period?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

is san jose gonna win a game this year

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
I've watched a lot of bad hockey the last decade as a Canucks fan, but the Sharks are shocking.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Kuzmenko killed Kahkonen, oops

Edit: That was not a fight.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

is san jose gonna win a game this year

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Wippersnapper posted:

I've watched a lot of bad hockey the last decade as a Canucks fan, but the Sharks are shocking.

Wow I just saw that score lmao

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wippersnapper posted:

This David Quinn guys NHL coaching record is three 7th place teams and one 5th place one where he's looking to add an 8th place finish to his record so it's quite possible he's just really not that good at this. It's no skin of my back cause San Jose all the way down there in the Pacific Division and the teams I need to worry about are all up here in the Atlantic, but maybe management wants to look into that.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

the canucks are gonna score more goals in this game than the sharks have all season

grack
Jan 10, 2012

the canucks are gonna score more goals in this game than the sharks have all season

The Canucks honestly looked like they stopped trying at the start of the second period and have scored three more goals since then. They've even stopped celebrating at this point.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Surely this is more a roster thing than a coach thing.

Kale
May 14, 2010

This seems like one of those games that get coaches fired or put on immediate notice, though I would have to think Quinn's been on notice for a while. There's several teams that you could argue are rebuilding and aren't quite this outright disastrous. San Jose has some quality players, they shouldn't be just utterly incapable game in game out.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Is there a mercy rule in the NHL?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Hughes has had two penalties, and both times out of the box has had a a grade chance. Great way to pad your point totals and limit your playing time

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

400th point for Gallagher!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oh ho ho ho here we go. Gallagher stand up. :canada:

Point 400 too! :woop:

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
Time to demote SJ to the WHL

Kale
May 14, 2010

PENAAAAAAAAAALTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES :supaburn:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

PENAAAAAAAAAALTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES :supaburn:

Universal constant

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Just need one more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
This Sharks team is legitimately the worst hockey team I have ever seen