Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Went to a Christmas store today, found some things that might have album cover potential?

Pics.to.consider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

NuclearPotato posted:

This ended up giving me a better idea than my original plan, so I scrapped everything and started over at the eleventh hour and I think my submission is all the better for it.

My Song is Under the Tree

Give Me My Goddamn Pudding Already

:sickos:

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Searching through previous threads for the song that takes lines from "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" but selects only ominous lines. "He's making a list, he's checking it twice, he's gonna find out, he's gonna find out". Any pointers in hunting that down?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Ratatozsk posted:

Searching through previous threads for the song that takes lines from "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" but selects only ominous lines. "He's making a list, he's checking it twice, he's gonna find out, he's gonna find out". Any pointers in hunting that down?
2021 and it's a style parody of the Sopranos theme.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Hostile V posted:

2021 and it's a style parody of the Sopranos theme.

drat, nice memory. I was thinking of this one from the 2014 Album: https://saxmas.robotcousin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/UraniumArc-Santa-Claus-is-coming....mp3

As for Album Art, I came up with this on the fly. Now that I think about it I'm kind of kicking myself that I never thought to try a Christmas version of the Karaoke scene from Disco Elysium.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Someone else is gonna have to take the sleigh reins for this, I've been without power since yesterday. Y'all have my blessing, go hog wild.

It is very cold.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Inspired by Monty Python

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Someone else is gonna have to take the sleigh reins for this, I've been without power since yesterday. Y'all have my blessing, go hog wild.

It is very cold.

Good luck, and thanks again for getting us together for this every year. Already looking forward to next year, I have a feeling I'm gonna need a bright spot around then.

For now, I'm petitioning the Heat Miser on your behalf.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

If the thread can come to a consensus about album art and title that preferably mesh to some degree, I'll tag it all up and post a link around the 23rd.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Grammarchist posted:

drat, nice memory. I was thinking of this one from the 2014 Album: https://saxmas.robotcousin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/UraniumArc-Santa-Claus-is-coming....mp3

As for Album Art, I came up with this on the fly. Now that I think about it I'm kind of kicking myself that I never thought to try a Christmas version of the Karaoke scene from Disco Elysium.

The line in the scan over the eye made me think of that anime eye star flash thing or the red eye meme, and to follow up that tired thing the name I thought of was "You're gonna have a jolly time" from Undertale. I was mocking it up but got to crash for work in the morning and I wasn't happy with how it was looking. Bad? Yes. Too bad? I'm not sure.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

JossiRossi posted:

The line in the scan over the eye made me think of that anime eye star flash thing or the red eye meme, and to follow up that tired thing the name I thought of was "You're gonna have a jolly time" from Undertale. I was mocking it up but got to crash for work in the morning and I wasn't happy with how it was looking. Bad? Yes. Too bad? I'm not sure.

That sounds like a cool idea.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
Alas, I just couldn't get one done this year. I got sick and couldn't make it to the Christmas bird count, which it was going to be about.

Is someone going to do another dumpster fire yule log video? That ruled.

Piss And Shittium
Dec 20, 2023

I Greyhound posted:

:siren:MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE:siren:

A Lofi ASMR Christmas (Clean Ver.)
https://soundcloud.com/user-592589921/a-lofi-asmr-christmas-clean-ver

This had me howling with laughter. Great bloody job.

Piss And Shittium
Dec 20, 2023

Flipperwaldt posted:

Soundcloud playlist so far (26/31 contribtions)
Temporary Google Drive folder with all the downloads with incomplete tagging. It's missing album name, album art, track and disc numbers and correct file names.

Just posting this in case it saves Rupert some time putting things together. I'll keep updating them as things go.

I'm going to spend the rest of my afternoon listening through these. Thanks for adding them all in one place chap.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

It is very cold.

Jiminy bollocks, keep warm or at least less cold!

Anybody want to collaborate on arranging? I'm trying to finish a last-minute push to get some minis painted for my son for stocking stuffers but I'd definitely be up for doing this again and I'm off for a while as of Friday.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

I arranging means picking an order for the tracks, then like art and title, I'm happy to implement whatever you can present me. The creative decisions on those are the part of the process I personally hate, so I'm really keen to have these taken off my hands.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ManiacClown posted:

Jiminy bollocks, keep warm or at least less cold!

Anybody want to collaborate on arranging? I'm trying to finish a last-minute push to get some minis painted for my son for stocking stuffers but I'd definitely be up for doing this again and I'm off for a while as of Friday.

My power has returned, but it was out for quite a while, which is great, y'know, during the week that I need to help prepare for leaving on Saturday to visit family that lives 9 hours away.

I'm going to take a listen to everything again while I'm working, but I won't be able to tag them. I'll try and get a track order worked out, I love doing that.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

im_sorry posted:

Alas, I just couldn't get one done this year. I got sick and couldn't make it to the Christmas bird count, which it was going to be about.

Is someone going to do another dumpster fire yule log video? That ruled.

i'm planning on streaming the music all day on my twitch channel but i didn't really give much consideration to what background should be used, i was just going to point a webcam at my fish tank

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

my cat is norris posted:

i'm planning on streaming the music all day on my twitch channel but i didn't really give much consideration to what background should be used, i was just going to point a webcam at my fish tank

I'd say that makes about as much sense as anything else would.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Grammarchist posted:

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

drat.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol, this is great.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Sold.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Holy poo poo this is so good!

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

10/10 no notes print it

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Piss And Shittium
Dec 20, 2023
I know submissions are closed, but I recorded this piece of total poo poo earlier today and threw a random beat on it.

I call it, A sufficiently drunk Christmas time.

https://jumpshare.com/s/KGnZDLQd6ekMvRnUu2lp

It truly is a piece of poo poo, but it's my piece of poo poo.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Buddy, I'm ready to play *all* these communist songs

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Piss And Shittium posted:

I know submissions are closed, but I recorded this piece of total poo poo earlier today and threw a random beat on it.

I call it, A sufficiently drunk Christmas time.

https://jumpshare.com/s/KGnZDLQd6ekMvRnUu2lp

It truly is a piece of poo poo, but it's my piece of poo poo.
My friend, I don't know who you are, but your piece of total poo poo is now included, to encourage you to come play again next year. All are welcome.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I welcome the piece of total poo poo as well as Piss And Shittium! MERRIMENT FOR THE MERRIMENT GOD!

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Suggestion [Legendary - Success]: "I want to make fudge with you"

It's beautiful, absolutely perfect.

Piss And Shittium
Dec 20, 2023

Flipperwaldt posted:

My friend, I don't know who you are, but your piece of total poo poo is now included, to encourage you to come play again next year. All are welcome.

I feel like my life now has meaning. Thanks for including my piece of poo poo.

ScrootyMcboog
Nov 15, 2015
way too late but hey I hope you get your Christmas Shoes

https://on.soundcloud.com/ZjmHW

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Do we have a playlist yet?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

ScrootyMcboog posted:

way too late but hey I hope you get your Christmas Shoes

https://on.soundcloud.com/ZjmHW

Wonderful mashup

I might record something today. I know it's past the deadline but I've had something transcribed for a while and I don't want to wait another year.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

ManiacClown posted:

Do we have a playlist yet?
Nothing I've seen so far.

Current state of affairs is this Soundcloud playlist so far (27/34 contribtions) and the
temporary Google Drive folder with all the downloads. Missing just track and disc numbers and correct file names.

Knock yourself out if you want to figure out an order. I will be closing up shop with a more permanent link for this in the first week of januari either way, even if I have to halfass it myself.

I have been including all the cheeky stragglers so far, but no promises.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

If anyone wants to tag and order them, go ahead, my week got really busy, and I'm not even home until January 2nd anyway.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

If anyone wants to tag and order them, go ahead, my week got really busy, and I'm not even home until January 2nd anyway.

I'll try to put something together tonight.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Here's a draft playlist. Thoughts? Also, Flipperwaldt, could you please fix the spelling of "Czolgosz" in the tagging? You must have pulled it down before I noticed and fixed the error myself.

code:
1.	The Wiggly Wizard - With a Ho and a Hey!
2.	Ruffian Price - Merry Gear Rising: The Nick of Time
3.	Beer Suitcase - A Visit from Cake Nicholas
4.	ManiacClown - Santa Scabies
5.	Canned Panda - Pastor Ned's 12 Days of Christmas
6.	Grammarchist - Nothing Makes Me Jolly
7.	SCheeseman (via suno.ai) - Christmas Song for GBS
8.	I Greyhound - A Lofi ASMR Christmas (Clean Ver.)
9.	Hostile V - We Wish You a Merry Cryptid
10.	King Lou - Wishlist You a Merry Christmas
11.	Wrageowrapper - A Letter to Santa
12.	Brown Moses (via suno.ai) - Worst Gifts Ever
13.	ManiacClown - Work
14.	Canned Panda - Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas Time (Panda Trap Remix)
15.	Grammarchist - Army of Darkmas
16.	I, Greyhound - Santa's Going the Distance
17.	Hostile V - Estrogen Christmas
18.	Canned Panda - You're a Mean One, Beelzebub
19.	Rat Patrol - Happy (What's Left of) Christmas
20.	Sombrerotron - Windows Wonderland
21.	ManiacClown and Schweinhund - Sound of Snowmen
22.	Grammarchist - We Three King Penguins
23.	ScrootyMcboog - Kid Rock Shoes
24.	schmarson - Santa Is On His Way
25.	JossiRossi - Christmas Will Be Late
26.	Beer Suitcase - Santa's Elf
27.	NuclearPotato - Give Me My Goddamn Pudding Already
28.	Edward Mass - It Ain't Christmas Without the Wizard of OZ on TNT
29.	Gavrilo Princip and the Leon Gzlogosz All-Stars (ManiacClown, Grammarchist, and My Cat is Norris) - Holidays
30.	North Pole Boys - Christmas Time
31.	Piss And Shittium - A Sufficiently Drunk Christmas Time
32.	Hostile V - And Miles To Go While You Sleep (The Distance)
33.	ManiacClown - Little Hammer Boy (Santa Odin #5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

The tags have the correct spelling already somehow, the file name I might have typed in manually, idk. File names will eventually derive from the tags when finalizing.

I did figure out the reason for me having 34 files against your 33 though and it's just a mistake on my end of not removing an updated file.