Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

yeah the Season 1 reset is bullshit but probably something Disney asked for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

gee I wonder why this video is suddenly relevant and trending again

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Creature posted:

That was big dumb emotional fun which is 100% guaranteed to piss off hateful dickheads. I love it.

Yep. gently caress 'em.

Doctor Who is BACK

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CFBfUlefxg

someone sent me this and it's funny enough but goddamn that arrangement of the theme slaps (and yes, it even has the middle 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1SZs4xudf8

goes well with some of the press photos for the 15th

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

lmao

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, that doesn't jibe with what I've heard.

what have you heard

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

welcome BACK guy who can actually WRITE

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Absolute banger of an episode. Lots of stuff happening in it.

Can't wait for next week!

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Can I just say that I know it was because the show was effectively on hiatus and also the fatigue of the Chinball Era, but it's great to see this ole thread moving again :allears:

I think it's about ten years that I've been reading Jerusalem's reviews and slowly catching up on Big Finish lol

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Belated, but...

Cracks me up every time :)

the image of a giant Ian Levine shouting "EXPLAIN UNIT DATING" through a window has haunted me for a decade

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

hahahah that was bloody brilliant

when they panned to the gold tooth on the balcony and the hand with the red fingernails picked it up, I said "oh, gently caress you" out loud

10/10 :allears:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don’t really see how X-2 eventually becoming Fourteen (Gatwa) is supposed to work. Is he supposed to one day say “oh hey, I fixed my trauma” and then his essence warps wherever in time and space to the moment he bi-generates in The Giggle? Does the second TARDIS just vanish in the aether? It’s obvious they’re now two branching paths.

My interpretation of the bi-generation is closer to Majin Buu. Majin Buu befriended Mr. Satan and his internal conflict became to great that the evil within him literally evaporated out of his body, which became Super Buu. Majin Buu and Super Buu lived on as two distinct entities. In The Giggle, The Doctor is shot with the giant laser, triggering the bi-generation. The Fourteen Doctor is born, separated from his trauma, figuratively and literally.

But that doesn’t mean that X-2 is stuck forever with his trauma. As we see, he’s given a chance to live a normal life and heal one day at a time. As in DBZ, Goku requests that the evil Buu get a chance at redemption and so he is reborn as Uub.

now I understand perfectly

(genuinely)

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

The current airdate is ‘Spring 2024’, so that’s anything from Feb onwards.

It's more likely to be April than February though. Whenever they give you a season it's always at the end of it :(

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Toby Jones as the actual Master would be my dream. But getting him back is just as good too. He’s so good at being cutting and incredibly sinister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhTAtgJ1n4E

He was so loving funny at points too.

(dressed as a butcher in a butcher's shop, mid-menace): You know we've got to use these places, or they'll shut down!

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

Because she's the best companion in the entirety of NuWho and the Doctor remembers that.

One hundred loving percent.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I don't even remember what happened in that episode

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I've recently started my relisten-through of Big Finish again, my aim is to get to where I stopped listening, which was shortly after the first couple Fourth Doctor Adventures, sort of 2013 or 2014 ish. I'm skipping the ones I remember as bad or the ones that don't really add anything.

Currently up to Arrangements for War and then the first season of Gallifrey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

god I hate that they called them the CIA