Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
The one confusing thing for me about storm trooper cosplayers is they have a big organisation that's named after the battalion who's major thing is killing all the jedi children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Coward posted:

Trap sprung, I guess, but the 501st was a cosplay org before any of the prequels. The troopers who murder children were named after them.

Oh okay lol, that's good to know, thanks!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Isn't that a PC benchmarking program?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

There's the time when he steals the TARDIS and when you see it again its all red and messy with metal grating everywhere.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Isn't the end of time when he becomes everyone in the whole world, Obama specifically?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Suddenly, goblins

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I don't even want to be around anymore...

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

There was an infinite number of doctors between young John Hurt and Old John Hurt. Do you think he just aged? No, he regenerated millions of times and just happened on a face that looked like an older version of the first one by the end of the war.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The magic plants that will just make a shield around the earth if there's a solar flare overwrote everything else from that episode in my mind, I don't recall any of this other stuff, thought it was a different episode I didn't watch until I looked it up lol.

I was getting pretty checked out by that point though.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I want to like Bashir because he's best friends with Garak, but so far there's too many episodes without Garak.

e: wrong thread

Boxturret fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 5, 2023

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Cleretic posted:

You're objectively correct, but you might have the wrong thread.

Oops how did that happen lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I can't decide should count!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

The Master even sings along! (Genuinely my favourite detail. I assume the experience on set was Simm just singing Scissor Sisters at the top of his lungs to utter silence as he hit his marks and choreo.)

Just love that once the Master stole the TARDIS he went to earth, turned the TARDIS in to the paradox machine, set up a fake identity, became Prime Minister, and still found the time to compile a music playlist :allears:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I just can't get over this video lol. This is how the flux ends? It destroyed half the universe but its just a tiny space cloud that can get sucked up by a man, while some lines from the Doctor are really lazily played over top?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I've said it a few times, it's very funny that Tennant's the only one who's not allowed to use the accent.

I like to think they made him not do the accent just so they could have the joke later where he pretends to be Scottish.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hunter Leopardson posted:

Haha, spot on. Is there one with Donna as well? I'm sure I remember Donna going on about the doctor running a sex cult or similar after being shown the previous companions

I think that's right after she joins? Finds some record of Martha or Rose?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Imagine watching this and thinking "Oh, this is bad."

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Actually, looking at the wiki, it’s been in tons of stuff I didn’t catch before.

Seeing it was on the TV Martha had made me rewatch that scene, its just so good, the music is top notch there.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I think my favourite part of the dance scene is that that hat he comes out wearing would not fit over his hairdo.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

Just started Dalek. Takes place in Utah, 2012. Diana Goddard guessed poorly when asked if the next president would be Republican or Democrat. Her natural accent slips up when she when she pronounces anything with an R sound.

I often hear that British actors do American accents better than Americans doing British accents but I hear that they usually only do a specific US dialect. Maybe that’s why Daniel Craig’s Benoit Blanc is so good?

I remember there was a game where this woman was doing a pretty okay american accent but then just said schedule the English way lol.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

The Colourisation of The Daleks

I love that episode!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Updog Scully posted:

Nope. The Cybermen show up and there's a level with a Weeping Angel. Also every time you die, your Doctor regenerates, but for some reason it only goes up to 11. Probably reused from the Matt Smith era.

Yeah I remember this from years and years ago.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Matinee posted:

Sure, it's an ongoing theme on and off in S9, but I meant more about the Dark Water pre-title stinger of Clara claiming to be The Doctor, and then the titles having Jenna Coleman's name before Capaldi's, her eyes in the vortex, etc. But then once you get into Dark Water proper, it very quickly settles down into Coleman is Clara and Capaldi is The Doctor. Feels like an interesting concept that kinda got thrown away.

When I watched that seson I was kinda not feeling 12 and legitamately hoped they were serious that Clara had been the doctor too the whole time lol. Like a much later version that came to help themselves out.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I just remember the second episode starting off with a narration by the....scientist lizard guy? about how this was a story of the doctor's loss, but at the end Rory is erased so no one remembers him?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Oh that's why its called 42.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I like the bit with the Doctor and Churchill talking then one of them smells gunpowder and they look down and Churchill's holding a gun and the Doctor has a spear. The Silence were fun sometimes.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Love and Monsters maybe? It barely has the doctor and the main expense would have been the suit that makes Peter Kay look like a human.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I think I completely missed that she had a name at all lol, the whole end of that plot is a big blur in my mind.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

She got better.

Well, wetter.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Got around to watching 14's 3 specials, haven't had a chance to watch the christmas special yet. Really enjoyed them, as someone that dropped off around mid 12's second season.

Really, one of my main hopes was that if they showed any news coverage they would use that one woman who was always the only american reporter across Tennant's original run, and they did in the Giggle, so 10/10.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Suddenly, Goblins was a fun episode. I'm really enjoying 15's theme. Waiting until May for more will be hard lol.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

gets so furious at the twee romcom blogosphere of the aughts that he turns someone into a concrete block face.

That's an....interesting interpretation of the events of that episode I guess.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

But will he eat pears:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I really liked her just accepting things in the moment and then once the baby was safe she's like...wait a minute what was that he said about Houdini??