Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So my brain knows that RTD is all of Eccleston and Tennant, but my heart only replies with "Fart Aliens".

Can someone fix me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Vinylshadow posted:

Pocket change for bus fare, some lint, ...ooh, a stick of gum

That's enough for twenty episodes, right?

I got real worried at that weird opening. Being on Disney+ that’s going to be a lot of people’s first thing they see. The episode itself was good fun though. Definitely could tell they spent some money on the Meep.

Was worried about the Volume shot Tardis but it was cool to see the “uncut” shot of him running around it and laughed at Donna instantly setting it all on fire.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Ignis posted:

I thought the set was actually built? They were even bragging on the commentary about the lights having individually controllable LEDs that can be used to spell things, which struck me as a rather specific scenario that we might get to see

Even better then!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Ignis posted:

From Unleashed

Niiiice.

So I got my Brother in Law type person in the family secret Santa. In his wishlist/interest list he listed Doctor Who and through snooping I found that Capaldi’s his favorite. Any ideas on gifts? It seems right now none of the audio stories actually have Capaldi as the Doctor. Is that correct?

Edit: Just realized that him knowing me and similar ages probably puts him in prime Goon demographic, so ignore this if you think you’re him.

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 26, 2023

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah, this was great. The fact it took time and effort as well means it's not just a magic solution in most shoot out situations.

It being able to project holograms its such a wonderfully useful tool for the writers to have, so I'm happy about that too.

Yeah I bet it's to spice up those scenes where he waves it around, stares at it and then technobabbles the plot out.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Are the special effects “too good”? I like the episode and everyone is great and everything but it all felt a bit too Quantumania if you know what I mean.

Heh, Mavity.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Dongicus posted:

it was good. the bad looking disney cg is honestly such a good fit for dr who lol. i would have prefered the chibnall stuff just be ignored but i understand that u cant rlly do that. farewell.

Yeah I just gotta accept it's the cheap cardboard set of the modern age.

So now that it's being referenced, do I need to give in and watch this Timeless Child stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Everything I watch is on a decent 5.1 setup and I had a hard time hearing stuff. But I figured it’s cause I’m old and don’t speak “British”.