Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I still have faith that the Titans will make the playoffs as the 7 seed and then beat the 2 seed Ravens before losing to the Chiefs since Mayo is currently not strong enough to beat Ketchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mega64 posted:

I still have faith that the Titans will make the playoffs as the 7 seed and then beat the 2 seed Ravens before losing to the Chiefs since Mayo is currently not strong enough to beat Ketchup.

Gotta say I think this loss knocks the Titans firmly out of the hunt. Head to head with Pittsburgh is the final nail in the coffin.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I love all this Steelers talk, feels like 2006.

No one thinks they're anything but an average team AT BEST but we still love to see them win. It's also fun watching Tomlin repeatedly grind out wins by getting more from less, it's currently his greatest strength.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Steelers have a -30 point differential for the season.

Steelers are the Vikings of 2023

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

I love all this Steelers talk, feels like 2006.

No one thinks they're anything but an average team AT BEST but we still love to see them win. It's also fun watching Tomlin repeatedly grind out wins by getting more from less, it's currently his greatest strength.

Nobody loves to see the Steelers win OP

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Nervous posted:

Steelers are the Vikings of 2023

Steelers of 2020 were 12-4.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Black Sunshine posted:

I don't love it, but the hate's gone since Ben left. Plus Tomlin's cool

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Steelers of 2020 were 12-4.

Yes this was an extremely fraudulent team. Everyone could see the warning signs from a mile away, and sure enough, the wheels came off completely in December. Then the Browns of all teams kicked their asses in the playoffs.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Blind Pineapple posted:

Yes this was an extremely fraudulent team. Everyone could see the warning signs from a mile away, and sure enough, the wheels came off completely in December. Then the Browns of all teams kicked their asses in the playoffs.

If completely forgotten about them. Didn't they only have one loss going into December?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nervous posted:

If completely forgotten about them. Didn't they only have one loss going into December?

no of course not

they were undefeated going into December lol

easily the worst 11-0 team of all time

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Black Sunshine posted:

I do. :shobon:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't love it, but the hate's gone since Ben left. Plus Tomlin's cool

Agreed. I harbor no hate for the current version of the Steelers and Tomlin pulling out win after win with whatever the hell they are doing on offense is impressive. I heard them described as successfully pulling off what the Pats want to be and that feels about right. Although much like the Pats lost all hope when Gonzalez and Judon went down, if they ever lost TJ Watt it feels like that could be curtains for Pittsburgh, too. If their opponent can score 3 TDs they're in a world of pain

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Docjowles posted:

Agreed. I harbor no hate for the current version of the Steelers and Tomlin pulling out win after win with whatever the hell they are doing on offense is impressive. I heard them described as successfully pulling off what the Pats want to be and that feels about right. Although much like the Pats lost all hope when Gonzalez and Judon went down, if they ever lost TJ Watt it feels like that could be curtains for Pittsburgh, too. If their opponent can score 3 TDs they're in a world of pain

It's not often that you can say that a defensive player is keeping a team afloat, but man TJ Watt and Myles Garrett are both doing it in the same season.

Hell, to a lesser extent Maxx Crosby is, too, and now he no longer has McDaniels around to blow games

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
do the Steelers have a Patriots-bad college/FA scouting department? why is the team so consistently average with a top 3 coach

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

indigi posted:

do the Steelers have a Patriots-bad college/FA scouting department? why is the team so consistently average with a top 3 coach

They haven't had a good QB since Ben's arm died in the late 2010s

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I wish the Jets and Steelers played because they’re essentially the same slopfest team that’ll play everyone to a 1 score game.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I wish the Jets and Steelers played because they’re essentially the same slopfest team that’ll play everyone to a 1 score game.

The game would end 2-2 or be a crazy shootout where both teams forget how defense works, no in between

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The game would end 24-21 with six touchdowns scored, all pick sixes.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I'm NE Ohio so definitely biased but gently caress the Steelers forever. I do like the city though, Pittsburgh is actually pretty cool aside from how hellish it is to navigate compared to a normal city.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The Steelers have a pretty good roster with subpar coaching and a new QB who is thus far middling. They have no real identity on either side of the ball, and keep trying to bring back a bygone era of defensive football to mixed success.

They keep winning bc they have a higher degree of talent than most teams that overc
omes the bad schemes

E: yeah, they are essentially the Jets

D-LINK fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 4, 2023

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Blind Pineapple posted:

Yea this is my point it's the same team? You're not educating anyone

Docjowles posted:

Yea this is accurate, they lose most games Watt doesn't start.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 4, 2023

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

indigi posted:

D-LINK posted:

The Steelers have a pretty good roster with subpar coaching and a new QB who is thus far middling. They have no real identity on either side of the ball, and keep trying to bring back a bygone era of defensive football to mixed success.

They keep winning bc they have a higher degree of talent than most teams that overc
omes the bad schemes
:confused:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Pittsburgh’s scouting department puts all their stat points into WR and Defense :hmmyes:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I stand by that Tennessee has the worst oline in the NFL

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

A "middling" quarterback.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Which fake advanced stat is that

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
It's qbr

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lmao The Trent Dilfer Stat

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Benne posted:

They haven't had a good QB since Ben's arm died in the late 2010s

yeah but even if you have a Trubisky level QB I feel like if you have a few stars on offense you should be able to make it work with how well the defense always plays. they haven't drafted, signed, or traded for a game-changing skill position player in a long time. Pickens is good but not Andre Johnson On The Aughts Texans/Calvin Johnson Without Stafford good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Middling to me means middle of the league... these guys suck.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Theilen leads the league in uncontested catches if we're going by silly advanced stats and if we're going by eye test Bryce has looked really good behind a lovely line

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's wild how the Ravens aren't functionally any better than the Steelers, despite having a different kind of middling QB

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I may strongly disagree with their conclusions but I fully support Steelers fans hating on Lamar. and how he's played against them makes it a lot more fun

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Lamar rocks. Even as a Ravens hater, I can't hate Lamar.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

indigi posted:

I may strongly disagree with their conclusions but I fully support Steelers fans hating on Lamar. and how he's played against them makes it a lot more fun

They talk so much poo poo for a team that hasn't beaten the Steelers in like 4 seasons

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Because the Steelers have been trapped in extreme mediocrity for four seasons and it's funny as hell.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I saw a tweet where Vrabel wasn’t impressed with Levis, and lol

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Because the Steelers have been trapped in extreme mediocrity for four seasons and it's funny as hell.

Lamar Jackson has 1 playoff win. The Ravens ain't poo poo bro

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Probably Magic posted:

Lamar rocks. Even as a Ravens hater, I can't hate Lamar.

As a fellow Ravens hater, you just aren't trying hard enough. Very easy to hate him if you try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

D-LINK posted:

Lamar Jackson has 1 playoff win.

Which is infinitely more than TJ Watt.

Lamar has also gone to the playoffs every year he's been healthy, and once when he wasn't. He's also really fun and wins a bunch of games by doing dope poo poo. Great QB to root for, highly recommend.