Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Whole lot of teams passed on Levis that would probably rather have him than their current piece of poo poo QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It’s also his 2nd start. What’s Kenny Pickett’s excuse for being bad and boring?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I wish the Jets and Steelers played because they’re essentially the same slopfest team that’ll play everyone to a 1 score game.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://x.com/mikereiss/status/1721301598326886589?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Strips sacks specifically, probably not predictive, but obviously some QBs are more fumble prone than others.

Daniel Jones has 46 fumbles in 60 games. Josh Allen has 55 fumbles in 86 games.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Who? I was gonna guess Wilfork but he went at 21 overall.
Richard Seymour and Jerod Mayo?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://x.com/fbgchase/status/1721740598820929845?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

100% accurate statement.

https://x.com/andrewsiciliano/status/1721747933564162290?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They did not make Dak Prescott look bad. But yeah, everyone else.

The Jets D drags every QB down to Zach Wilson’s level so they can hopefully turn the game into a coin flip. Hence the 4-4. Hence Zach Wilson is 8-8 as a starter since last year despite being dog vomit.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rodgers was still the correct move and they got hosed by fate. Carr is bad and expensive. Jimmy G is trash. Maybe they should have drafted Will Levis but that was never happening after the Rodgers trade.

https://x.com/fbgchase/status/1721873328225358006?s=20
Imagine rooting for a team capable of scoring touchdowns. I can't.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Even if the Jets had a different QB their OL still sucks rear end.
A lot of team have OLs that suck rear end. Bad OL play is an epidemic. Those teams can still score touchdowns on occasion.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The rationale is that a team's ceiling with Derek Carr in the AFC is maybe the wildcard. Whatever. If you're optimizing for a championship level defense's window, with the assumption that you have to go through Mahomes and Burrow and Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson is that you need a QB with a high ceiling. Yeah, Rodgers is old. He also won 2 of the last 3 MVPs and there were reasonable extenuating circumstances to his "decline" outside of just OLD.

If you don't have a QB, there's are no means of getting a good one without risk.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Did anyone watch Rodgers this preseason or during camp? He wasn't throwing ducks. He's obviously lost some mobility but his arm is still incredible.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I don't think shooting for the moon and going with Rodgers over Carr was irrational. It's just the lack of fall back plan via a passable backup QB that is inexcusable.
Agreed there.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Two lovely QBs. The plan was for Zach to be a backup though whereas the Pats are probably rolling with Mac through his rookie deal.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

indigi posted:

yeah they drafted their backup QB at 2 overall
Don't be pedantic. They benched him last year and determined he wasn't good enough to start. Ideally he shouldn't have seen the field this year. It didn't work out that way.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think they’re firmly in the top 3 defenses in the league. Definitely not historic.

All of those teams have the luxury of a quarterback that can provide some semblance of rest to their defense though. The Jets do not.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I will trade you my Jets fandom for some of your delicious sal.t and vinegar chippys.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I like it when kiimo goes all NOBODY RESPECTS THE CHAMPS so please more of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Borsche69 posted:

secondary is definitely one of those positions that needs like a year before the player is comfortable. rarely can a rookie walk in and just ball out at safety or corner. we've seen it happe, of course, but it feels like a way more difficult position for a rookie than just about anything else
You’re absolutely right of course which makes Sauce’s transition and instantly walking into first team All-Pro even more freakish.