Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Koos Group posted:

What do you feel would be a more appropriate length of time?

At least a week. But this is also something that gets brought up in every single feedback thread in the past, so it doesn't really give anyone the impression that the feedback is being listened to at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My feedback is that Discendo Vox needs to be forum banned. I hate to be petty and call someone out like this but I think he is genuinely the worst poster here. Every conversation he butts into becomes a drag, like you're seeing right now. Every post he makes is dripping with condescension, anger, and self-righteousness. He never tries to have a discussion with anyone, he just lectures and berates them until they stop posting or a mod finally responds to his dozens of reports. And when the mods don't immediately respond, or respond in a way that he doesn't like, he publicly berates them for it. Seriously, stick up for yourselves!

He doesn't try to understand anyone's perspective, and frequently misinterprets what they say in the most uncharitable way possible. If someone comes to a different conclusion about something than him, he accuses them of trolling or spreading propaganda. I've tried talking with him like a normal person and even then he thinks I'm trolling. I've never seen him admit that he was wrong about something, or even entertain the possibility that he could be wrong. He lashes out aggressively at the smallest of issues, even people who aren't necessarily disagreeing with him. He constantly refers back to his own posts as if he's some kind of respected scholar that we should all pay deference to. The reality is that he's just an anonymous poster on a dying comedy website forum like the rest of us. He has nothing to contribute except bile and a completely unearned sense of authority.

Just a couple weeks ago I was having a conversation with another poster. Eventually I came to the conclusion that we weren't just going to agree on each other's point, so I tried to politely end the conversation. And the other poster was gracious enough to leave it at that. But then DV comes at me with this poo poo:

Discendo Vox posted:

You're taking the position that your beliefs are immune to information, in the pursuit of defending authoritarian propaganda.

Like what the gently caress? If I or anyone else posted something like that I'd definitely be probated. And he does this constantly. He doesn't want to debate. He doesn't want to discuss. He doesn't want to further his own understanding or anyone else's. He just wants to lecture and yell at people until they agree with him or ignore him. I'm happy to just put him on ignore, but I think that his toxic attitude is directly harming this forum.

I think I deserve a probation for this post. It feels gross, but I needed to get it out there.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stringent posted:

Going to take the counter position and say, please, please, three times please, make Discendo Vox a moderator.

I'm down with this too tbh.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I would also like the SYQ thing to stop, mainly because it loving sucks to see D&D posts in CSPAM, but also so that it takes away a big excuse for treating anyone who posts a controversial opinion as a troll. Unfortunately it's outside the purview of D&D mods.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah I'd really like to know how many of these supposed subject matter experts have actually been driven off by the vile CSPAM trolls as opposed to just losing interest or any other explanation. I imagine a lot of people left when the lowtax domestic abuse poo poo came out.

I know it's a dumb meme but I think it's really important for perspective: this is the serious politics subforum in a dying 1.0 web forum that was founded by a wife beater, grifter, and all around rear end in a top hat. It's nice to have a serious discussion about some things but this isn't some esteemed scholarly debate hall where wise elders develop brilliant new solutions to philosophical quandaries. It's the serious section of a place where people laugh about 9/11 and a pig pooping on its enormous balls. I'm not saying it shouldn't be a place for serious debate, but more that people shouldn't take it (or themselves) too seriously.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jakabite posted:

This comes across as disingenuous. Are you suggesting D&D posters, if they want to have a complain about CSPAM and their digs at them, instead go to CSPAM to do so? If you’re going to shut down the idea then just do that, don’t make up this obviously nonsense scenario as an outlet.

It's really not that scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm gonna be totally honest, I have no idea what good faith/bad faith means, at least in terms of how it gets commonly used here. To me it's kind of like how "gaslighting" has lost its meaning because so many people just use it as another word for lying.

What does a bad faith argument look like?