Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

All the emails are sent out! Check your spam folder if you didn't get one and if there's nothing there, contact me right away.

Alright kids now it's time for
LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!

Lightning bonus rounds are how you take part in the Trad Games Secret Santa thing after the deadline for the main round is passed. It's also how you can be greedy and exchange more than one present with your fellow goons!

Beginning today (November 27th), we will have a series of one or more extra bonus rounds and YOU can participate. The LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS work a lot like the main round. All of the rules apply except for the deadline for application. Re-read the rules in the OP just in case you forgot them.

OK so to sign up I post in the thread and send you an email?
Correct. You must do this even if you participated in the main round. Post in the thread. If you already participated in the main round you can link to your original post or just quote it to show your gift preferences. You must send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com as well; if you already sent one this year I don't need your address again, but I do need another email regardless. My response to that email is your only confirmation that you've successfully signed up.

What then?
I will end each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND according to whichever of the following things happens first:
  • 8 people sign up
  • 7 days have passed and at least 3 people signed up
  • It gets to be too late to run more rounds. That's probably around the week of December 11th.

Once each round closes I'll randomize the participants in the round and you all exchange gifts. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And of course the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins.

What about international shipping? :ohdear:
You can still tell me you prefer not to ship internationally – if it's impossible for you, let me know and I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen. But if you live outside the US it's probably required to ship internationally. Bear in mind that you can always buy something online from a store that operates in your target country and thereby avoid expensive shipping costs. (You might have to pay a currency exchange fee but that is typically much less money.) If I get a pool that contains nobody else in your country and you said no thanks to international, I will contact you to check if you'd rather take a pass, before I do the matchings.

It's better though if LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND participants can all ship internationally. Remember, you can always just order something online from the destination country: you usually just need a credit card.

So then what's the shipping deadline?
Of course, as we close in on Christmas day, you will have less and less time in which to accomplish purchase, shipping, and delivery. You'll have to pick an appropriate delivery option and be certain whatever you're buying is either in your hands, or definitely in stock at the retailer of your choice. You are still supposed to ship your item absolutely no later than December 15th AND get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee by December 22nd! This is part of the challenge! But it probably means that you won't have time to make a hand-made gift or wait for something that is out of stock to get restocked. Strongly consider ordering online from a major retailer with a strong reputation for shipping things immediately.

Will I get matched with someone I've gifted or been gifted by before?
Possibly. For the main round I do my absolute best to avoid this. But with limited goons, it's possible that the only way to be polite to the no-international-please people is to match you with someone you've gifted before. As always, you can give me a list of your mortal enemies and I won't match you with someone you despise.

ROUND ONE BEGINS NOW GO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
GLHP

Good Luck, Have Presents.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Signing up for LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 1!!

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa,

I'm DigitalRaven, and I'm a Santaholic. It's been 8 years since my first TGSS, and I have no desire to break that streak.

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is.

This is my BGG collection, but I tend to like deck builders and narrative things, frequently with cards — Star Realms/Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, Arkham Horror LCG, and many and varied Tiny Epic games are always a hit. I've heard good things about the Final Girl series, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing! I like weird and wonderful stuff as well, things that spark the imagination: obscure roleplaying games, interesting tarot decks, weird bits of art, that kind of thing. More Escher than Geiger, more Carcosa than Cthulhu, but anything that'll get my brain flowing.

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome, and I'm good with dongs. I mean, I'm good with receiving dongs. I've not had any complaints about anything else I do involving dongs, but that's not TGSS-related.

General Location

:scotland:

Solemn Vow

I shall not grinch lest I be drowned in the spunk from the seven unholy testes of mighty Vectron.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cheer has been deployed and should arrive tomorrow.

Unfortunately, gift wrap/messages were not available, but will be deployed herein once the package is received.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
today was a very cheery day, even for being in florida. it was 45 degrees and I went for a nice cold walk on the beach in my jacket, and on the way home listened to classic holiday tunes. Firmly in a santa frame-of-mind, I sent off my package today. Bomb voyage!!! I hope u enjoy it, my secret santa-ee

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My spreadsheet says there's like ten goons' worth of gifts already winging through the gifternet on the way to their santees, I love how fast some of y'all are!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Gift Dispatched!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

My corpo courier reports gift dispatch.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
I know a guy, he says that a label is created, so I expect the 28mm reindeer to deliver the +3 cheer by December 7th.
Silvery Barbs

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The gift for my main round Santee has been deployed!

I would like to sign up for Bonus Round #1 please!

rydiafan posted:

Interests: Literally anything that isn't intentionally lovely. I enjoy the creativity of a gift more than the actual thing. I'd especially enjoy anything handmade, antique, or obscure.

If you want more structure than that:

I collect Xiangqi boards.

Anything Modiphius 2D20 except Conan, John Carter, or Dune (I own those lines completely)

Speaking of which, any Dune themed things (not the board games, I have those).

My buddies have been trying to get me into Shatterpoint and MCP. (If you go this route I'd prefer Shatterpoint).

Edit: oh, and Lorcana if you win the lottery.

Oath: Grinch = :toxx:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

According to the Bezosian tracking devices, apparently my Santee's gift has arrived.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I paid for my giftee's gift but it unfortunately won't be gift wrapped, in the interest of making sure it gets there before xmas.

I am not sure I will be able to participate in any LR this year....I'll have to sleep on it for a few days

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
An unexpected Amazon box? I didn't get any notifications, does this mean a gift?

Apparently it does!

Very gifty!

Thanks Santa Nessus!

Lady Annika, now I need to get something for that blade to drink.

Thanks again Nessus!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

December 1st, and the first gift is open. Dunno if that's a record, but it's good!

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
hm... two mysterious bezos devices at my door... and I don't remember ordering anything...
how peculiar..
now, the real challenge is if I open them now(as I've just discovered you can open them whenever you'd like) or open them on christmas morning?
decisions, decisions.

EDIT: oh hell, ive been so dour as of late- I'll open one of them!!!

LurchinTard fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 1, 2023

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

thegodofchuck posted:

Thanks again Nessus!
You're welcome... but it's not over...................

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022

the alluring brown package...

oh hell yes. I've been wanting to read this for years, as soon as I turn in my final papers I'm givin this bad boy a read

Thank you godofchuck!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post opening the second one on christmas morning.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

LurchinTard posted:

Thank you godofchuck!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post opening the second one on christmas morning.

You should get another package too... it'll be a bit though, it will be coming from farther away.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Nessus posted:

You're welcome... but it's not over...................

Sweet! I guess I'll be thirsting for more presents.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022

thegodofchuck posted:

You should get another package too... it'll be a bit though, it will be coming from farther away.

oh I have a second one from amazon, if thats the one you are referring too. I'm waiting to open it on christmas though.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Dang with these gifts going out I'm feeling the pressure. Both figuratively and literally, as I've got a bad cold that's making my sinuses explode and my head implode. Hoping to get to the store this weekend to pick out a good gift, or failing that, to the ol' world wide web to find a good one.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
My stuff isn't even coming from the store for another week and a half.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

My gift is winging it's way to it's destination.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

LurchinTard posted:

oh I have a second one from amazon, if thats the one you are referring too. I'm waiting to open it on christmas though.

Nope. Another other one.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Gift to my 1st person has been sent out and will be there on the 14th! Enjoy :canada:

2nd person has had all gifts dispatched :chord:

Final person gift dispatched :doit:

And I assume the dollar amount was like a minimum sorta thing and going over some is okay

Also, i'll toss my hat in for the lightning round!!!

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 2, 2023

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Also, i'll toss my hat in for the lightning round. And I assume the dollar amount was like a minimum sorta thing and going over some is okay

If it's not, I'm an annual repeat offender. Lock me up, Santa!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Sign me up for the lightning round, too!

Here is my post full of holiday details.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Another unexpected Amazon box, you know what that means! Apparently this time, they're not offering any deals.

But they are offering gifts!

Nicely wrapped.

Nessus again, with a promise of dice!

Enslaved to Darkness. Apparently my dice will burn out. Better than fading away.

Thanks x2 Nessus!

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022

thegodofchuck posted:

Nope. Another other one.

well hell, color me excited!!! i may just go ahead and open up the other amazon package then!

update:

gently caress yeah, this is the first part so now i can start the series

LurchinTard fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 2, 2023

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

LurchinTard posted:

Go for it! Glad you're excited =)

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Pulled out my trusty Ono-Sendai Cyberspace VII cyberdeck and jacked into the 'net from my rundown capsule motel this morning. Had to navigate around some serious black ICE to deliver the payload, but my santee's gift has been uploaded to the mainframe. Now just to sit back and watch the fireworks.

(Arasaka Amazon says my santee should receive their package by Friday of this week)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

cool cool cool.

I've been very busy this weekend so apologies if it took me more than a day to get back to anyone. Family stuff. I expect to be fairly busy throughout the holiday season this year, but I still try to deal with TGSS emails and posts within one day as a rule.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

LurchinTard posted:

well hell, color me excited!!! i may just go ahead and open up the other amazon package then!

update:

This is a good series.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
I've heard its one of the best pieces of Modern Sci-fi ever written. I'm a huge fan of post apocalyptic fantasy type stuff so I'm really excited. I'm reading a book right now but as soon as I finish it and get some finals turned in I'm gonna blitz read through these.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
A mysterious sleigh hath arrived! Containing mysterious plastic gemstones from the kingdom of Chessex, some of which glow in the dark with arcane power!

The advent calendar was not part of Secret Santa, just a cool backdrop I could use.

Dice! Its a Gamesmas miracle!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Got notice today that Holiday Cheer has been shipped and is on it's way to my Santee!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My Santee's gifts apparently got sent in three packages. Oh well, more mailbox excitement for them, I guess.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

rydiafan posted:

My Santee's gifts apparently got sent in three packages. Oh well, more mailbox excitement for them, I guess.
Multiple Gifts can hijack and unbalance the Festivity Economy -- we need to buff single packages

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
Just saw I am expecting a third package but....

Holy ghosts of runners past thst was fast.

This looks amazing so far. Can't wait to see the third bit.

Benedict fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Cheer deployed! Due to some personal issues I wasn't able to wrap it, but it should all be delivered early next week.