Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Not gonna lie, when I unwrapped and saw "Twilight 2000" I had a moment of panic, but then I saw it was the expansion and got super excited. Emotional rollercoaster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Well well well, what do we have here?

It’s a well taped box! I failed many saving throws of intelligence trying to open it but luckily for me, my overwhelming strength helped out.

So what’s inside?

First up, we have a a 3d printed Broseidon. He looks familiar? I can’t place him though!

Next up, we see some gummy legos.

I might have to make some sort of Freddy Krueger persons to eat.

Finally, a mixture of a spelunker’s last light and a candy cane. I have to say, I’ll light one on fire but I don’t have a lot of hope it’d give me light in a cave. It’s prolly the change in the Twinkie formula but who can say.

Thank you so much, darth pope!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Had some stuff cleared up via emails:
-ibntumart already got their bonus round gift, it was posted in the same post as their main round gift.
-stuff for tiny chalupa was received but I never saw the imgur image and didn't separate it out
and of course we've had some gift posts!

Here's what's left. All of these are confirmed shipped, and likely just delayed in transit as happens this time of year:
-NTRabbit's
-Rhjamiz'
-1 part (of three) of LurchinTard's
-Cotton Candidasis'
...and that's it! Not too shabby. Crossing my fingers for a few more of these to arrive today and tomorrow.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
A package from our friends across the pond has arrived today at my domicile! I'm gonna wait to open this one on christmas at 3AM when I've awoken, as is tradition with gifts received from my online buddies.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That seems to track with my info so I'll put that down as received, thanks!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

LurchinTard posted:

A package from our friends across the pond has arrived today at my domicile! I'm gonna wait to open this one on christmas at 3AM when I've awoken, as is tradition with gifts received from my online buddies.

Yay, finally!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Had an unexpected package of Choose your own adventure books that I don't have!!! Beautiful 4 pack that I will get very high and open tonight lol

Thank you secret goon!!

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
only 20 or so minutes till I open it up. I said 3AM but I think I'll just wait till midnight I'm so excited(and admittedly this christmas eve has been rough so i could use the boost lol). Cant wait to post it in here Thegodofchuck! your other two were outstanding (I'm about halfway through claw of the concillator right now and loving the series) so I'm really excited for the finale.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
for some reason i get blcoked when i try to post the imgur link but godofchuck your gift was awesome! the chaplain biker and attack biker are so cool and I might see if I can find some other bikers in this style to complete a squad of them. I'm gonna use the chaplain as an HQ in my BA 3e army.
your books and miniatures were awesome gifts and I cant thank you enough. if you know the specific names of the models id love to know as well cause im trying to find the multi-melta attack bike rn

LurchinTard fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 25, 2023

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

LurchinTard posted:

for some reason i get blcoked when i try to post the imgur link but godofchuck your gift was awesome! the chaplain biker and attack biker are so cool and I might see if I can find some other bikers in this style to complete a squad of them. I'm gonna use the chaplain as an HQ in my BA 3e army.
your books and miniatures were awesome gifts and I cant thank you enough. if you know the specific names of the models id love to know as well cause im trying to find the multi-melta attack bike rn

Stoked that you liked it!
Here's a link to the RT space marine bikes

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
K, I'm feeling really bad. They told me it would be there by the 15th and it hasn't shown up yet. Let me know if I should send a replacement.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022

very sick! I'm gonna see if I can find a main bike to attach the multimelta sidecar too on ebay.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright yeah my family is finally out of my hair more or less and I can focus on this a bit.

We have 3 gifts that haven't arrived. All of them were shipped ahead of the deadline, but we're now on the 27th and we have to figure out what to do. Generally what I ask the Santas to do is check with the shipper and/or tracking: if it looks like the gift will be there in the next two or three days, it's best to just wait for that because anything we try to send as a replacement will probably get there afterward anyway.

If the original gift isn't likely to arrive before the 1st, or if you can't get any info from the shipper or via tracking, it's time to get a replacement going. If sending an additional gift would be a financial hardship, please let me know and we have generous goons standing by willing to help.

Gifts are from Beerdeer, ToyotaThong, and Zero_Grade. I'll send each of you the above via email as well. Santees who didn't get a christmas present are NTRabbit, Rhjamiz, and Cotton Candidasis. I am very sorry to the three of you: I do the best I can with deadlines and stuff, and I know all three of your santas told me shipping info in advance of the deadline, so I don't wanna call them grinches at this point - it's an unfortunately common occurrence with holiday vendors and shippers.

e. based on tracking, NTRabbit's gift was shipped on December 6th, and handed over from USPS to international shipping on December 13th which is a long rear end time just to get to a port. That still ought to have been about enough time to get to Australia by now, but I don't know if USPS's tracking can follow a package internationally.

The gift for Rhjamiz was sent domestically on December 12th. That ought to have been enough time to arrive by the 19th. I don't have tracking for that one.

The gift for Cotton Candidasis was also shipped domestically via UPS on the 12th, again I don't have tracking but it should have been sufficient.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 28, 2023

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Replacements sent

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Alright yeah my family is finally out of my hair more or less and I can focus on this a bit.

We have 3 gifts that haven't arrived. All of them were shipped ahead of the deadline, but we're now on the 27th and we have to figure out what to do. Generally what I ask the Santas to do is check with the shipper and/or tracking: if it looks like the gift will be there in the next two or three days, it's best to just wait for that because anything we try to send as a replacement will probably get there afterward anyway.

If the original gift isn't likely to arrive before the 1st, or if you can't get any info from the shipper or via tracking, it's time to get a replacement going. If sending an additional gift would be a financial hardship, please let me know and we have generous goons standing by willing to help.

Gifts are from Beerdeer, ToyotaThong, and Zero_Grade. I'll send each of you the above via email as well. Santees who didn't get a christmas present are NTRabbit, Rhjamiz, and Cotton Candidasis. I am very sorry to the three of you: I do the best I can with deadlines and stuff, and I know all three of your santas told me shipping info in advance of the deadline, so I don't wanna call them grinches at this point - it's an unfortunately common occurrence with holiday vendors and shippers.

e. based on tracking, NTRabbit's gift was shipped on December 6th, and handed over from USPS to international shipping on December 13th which is a long rear end time just to get to a port. That still ought to have been about enough time to get to Australia by now, but I don't know if USPS's tracking can follow a package internationally.

The gift for Rhjamiz was sent domestically on December 12th. That ought to have been enough time to arrive by the 19th. I don't have tracking for that one.

The gift for Cotton Candidasis was also shipped domestically via UPS on the 12th, again I don't have tracking but it should have been sufficient.

I will be stopping by my UPS Store tomorrow after work to see what is going on.
I'm pretty upset by this development.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
If anything is tied up in USPS, message me the info. I work for the Post Office, call pull more info and reach out for assistance

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, we have one gift to Cotton Candidasis via UPS that was returned to sender with "not at address" so I'm checking with CC before we try to replace it.
We have one sent via USPS that is somewhere between the US and Australia. I could send the tracking info if you have some way of getting extra info on that?
And we have one gift that just vanished, Santa doesn't have tracking for it but has already sent a replacement.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Well, we have one gift to Cotton Candidasis via UPS that was returned to sender with "not at address" so I'm checking with CC before we try to replace it.
We have one sent via USPS that is somewhere between the US and Australia. I could send the tracking info if you have some way of getting extra info on that?
And we have one gift that just vanished, Santa doesn't have tracking for it but has already sent a replacement.

Santa (and Leperflesh), I'm sorry. I mistyped a digit on my street address in my signup email so this mixup is entirely on me. If I can get my Santa's info at some point when they're comfortable, I'll gladly pay for the excess shipping cost since this is my own dumb fault.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Haha no worries! I was hoping it was something like that actually, sometimes shipping companies just screw up and try to misdeliver a package to the wrong address and then return it. I've had that happen. At least now we can be sure what's up and get you a present.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
If you are missing a gift and live in an apartment, make sure to check with the office.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

LurchinTard posted:

very sick! I'm gonna see if I can find a main bike to attach the multimelta sidecar too on ebay.

Cool beans! It should work with your current bike too if you want to look for another rider if you want to swap for modularity.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Package filled to brim with cheer has arrived!

Some awesome goblin pirates (or perhaps pirate goblins), fantastic Orc Corsairs Kaptins Blasta Gun arm bits, ever-useful Nuln Oil, and tufts of grass for the bases!

I love it all, thank you Santa!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh whew! That's a nice stash there.

We've got one package still not arrived in Australia, and one that Amazon expected to deliver on Friday past, so possibly Rhjamiz already has it maybe.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Amazon has delivered the first of my packages

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Just got a delivery, will open it and take a pic after work.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So this is the situation for NTRabbit's gift

In all my years of TG Secret Santa I've never seen a priority mail package take that long to transit from port to port.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Finally got to open this, looks like I'll be going on a five year mission!

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

So this is the situation for NTRabbit's gift

In all my years of TG Secret Santa I've never seen a priority mail package take that long to transit from port to port.
Thanks Leper!
I haven't heard anything from them in a week.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Cotton Candidasis posted:

Package filled to brim with cheer has arrived!

Some awesome goblin pirates (or perhaps pirate goblins), fantastic Orc Corsairs Kaptins Blasta Gun arm bits, ever-useful Nuln Oil, and tufts of grass for the bases!

I love it all, thank you Santa!
Sweet! I found the buccaneer greenskins and figured they were a perfect match while also being full of character, and then topped it off with a hobby staple (I actually went back and forth on Nuln Oil vs Liquid Green Stuff, very hard decision). Plus a little bonus!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Rhjamiz posted:

Finally got to open this, looks like I'll be going on a five year mission!

You said that you liked RPGs and had no one to game with. I like that a lot having played it.

You have another component coming on the 12th. Merry Xmas!

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022

thegodofchuck posted:

Cool beans! It should work with your current bike too if you want to look for another rider if you want to swap for modularity.

that might be the move. I don't think I can run a chaplain with a sidecar so I'll probably try and find an RT era rider.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The regular Clipper from the Americas arrived today, I spoke to the ship's master and apparently they were becalmed for 2 weeks on the way to Sumatra after stopping to trade for spices in Ceylon, hence the delay in reaching me here in the colony.

After a customs feee of one chicken treat it was released to my custody by Junior Customs Officer Bonnie

Holy moly that's a lot of regional seasonal cheer :stare: A souvenir reusable shopping bag with Florida on the front and back and oranges on the sides is only the beginning!

A cool standalone slash expansion for Carcassone, nice!

This coffee smells so good :stwoon: Protein bar looks like a banger too

Look Gromit, it is made of cheese! And an excellent addition to the gimmick dice that upset my DM :getin:

Lilgrims :3:

Rad spirit animal badges on a massive rad pirate scarf

My gaming is leveled up :cool:

Stickers and a safety tag too! I'm glad they didn't lose this package forever, this was amazing, thankyou so much Santagoon Floridaman ToyotaThong!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

oooohhhh man I'm glad that finally showed up!

geez louise. You've been a saint NTRabbit, your Santa did what they were supposed to and we were just at the mercy of the trade winds apparently. That's the last package left in transit according to my sheet, so I'll leave the thread open for a few more days and then wind things up!

Reminder to everyone if you want, you can be on the TGSS mailing list. Every year I send an email with a link to the new thread, BCCed to everyone on the list. That's all it's used for and you can request to be added or removed at any time. Just send an email to the tgsecretsanta address asking to be added and I'll add you!

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

The regular Clipper from the Americas arrived today, I spoke to the ship's master and apparently they were becalmed for 2 weeks on the way to Sumatra after stopping to trade for spices in Ceylon, hence the delay in reaching me here in the colony.

After a customs feee of one chicken treat it was released to my custody by Junior Customs Officer Bonnie

Holy moly that's a lot of regional seasonal cheer :stare: A souvenir reusable shopping bag with Florida on the front and back and oranges on the sides is only the beginning!

A cool standalone slash expansion for Carcassone, nice!

This coffee smells so good :stwoon: Protein bar looks like a banger too

Look Gromit, it is made of cheese! And an excellent addition to the gimmick dice that upset my DM :getin:

Lilgrims :3:

Rad spirit animal badges on a massive rad pirate scarf

My gaming is leveled up :cool:

Stickers and a safety tag too! I'm glad they didn't lose this package forever, this was amazing, thankyou so much Santagoon Floridaman ToyotaThong!

I'm so happy your package finally arrived.
I am VERY Happy you like what it contained!
Merry Late Christmas!

Thank You LeperFlesh for organizing this event again!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

ToyotaThong posted:

I'm so happy your package finally arrived.
I am VERY Happy you like what it contained!
Merry Late Christmas!

Thank You LeperFlesh for organizing this event again!

Lol I was just looking at this and was like "Wow a lot of this looks very familiar"

The coffee is very good by the way

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey I just wanna add to everyone that I had a pretty rough holiday season this year for family reasons we don't need to get into but having this thread and this crew to boost my mood was a big bright point in my life. Thank you all of you for participating and keeping the mood happy and light. It's always a lot of work but it's a joyful thing to help make happen and I know that for a few goons, this is their major or only gift exchange each year so it really does matter to some folks quite a lot to have a present to open for christmas.

So thanks again. I appreciate you all.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Leperflesh posted:

Hey I just wanna add to everyone that I had a pretty rough holiday season this year for family reasons we don't need to get into but having this thread and this crew to boost my mood was a big bright point in my life. Thank you all of you for participating and keeping the mood happy and light. It's always a lot of work but it's a joyful thing to help make happen and I know that for a few goons, this is their major or only gift exchange each year so it really does matter to some folks quite a lot to have a present to open for christmas.

So thanks again. I appreciate you all.

I couldn't participate this year (or last, I think), but I really like following the thread and I appreciate the effort you go to making it happen. Thanks Leperflesh.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Big :lol: at the Florida Publix bag and assorted state merch they're great bags, I have many. I can't think of anything else to include in a package to represent this very special state besides like, I dunno, a novelty shot glass showing one or more of palm trees/state map/gators.

Also, thanks to Leperflesh for once again coordinating everything with tons of follow-up! The names have changed over the years but the community here is still great, and it's nice to be able to share a little cheer with the best tabletop forum around.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Thanks for another successful secret santa everyone and especially Leperflesh! I look forward to it every year and it's always a blast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Indeed, it was a good time. I'll keep an eye out for next year!