Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

gently caress yeah, get me in on this action!

Interests: Literally anything that isn't intentionally lovely. I enjoy the creativity of a gift more than the actual thing. I'd especially enjoy anything handmade, antique, or obscure.

If you want more structure than that:

I collect Xiangqi boards.

Anything Modiphius 2D20 except Conan, John Carter, or Dune (I own those lines completely)

Speaking of which, any Dune themed things (not the board games, I have those).

My buddies have been trying to get me into Shatterpoint and MCP. (If you go this route I'd prefer Shatterpoint).

Edit: oh, and Lorcana if you win the lottery.

Oath: Grinch = :toxx:

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The gift for my main round Santee has been deployed!

I would like to sign up for Bonus Round #1 please!

rydiafan posted:

Interests: Literally anything that isn't intentionally lovely. I enjoy the creativity of a gift more than the actual thing. I'd especially enjoy anything handmade, antique, or obscure.

If you want more structure than that:

I collect Xiangqi boards.

Anything Modiphius 2D20 except Conan, John Carter, or Dune (I own those lines completely)

Speaking of which, any Dune themed things (not the board games, I have those).

My buddies have been trying to get me into Shatterpoint and MCP. (If you go this route I'd prefer Shatterpoint).

Edit: oh, and Lorcana if you win the lottery.

Oath: Grinch = :toxx:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My Santee's gifts apparently got sent in three packages. Oh well, more mailbox excitement for them, I guess.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Benedict posted:

Just saw I am expecting a third package but....

I hope you enjoy building it! I got huge into these after doing some ugears/rokr kits. I've done dozens of them at this point.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Duncan! Gurney! Come quick, somebody sent us a package!

It's a Dune throw pillow, referencing not only Paul's salute, but also the litany against fear.

Gurney approved! Duncan didn't feel like leaving the cat tree, but I'm sure he'll enjoy it later.

Thanks, fellow goon! May your knife neither chip nor shatter.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Lightning round gift deployed!

ibntumart posted:

Happy holidays and ya hya chouhada, fellow Goon! There’s more packages to come (all of which were supposed to include a gift message, but I guess this box got routed through the Giedi Prime hub :shrug:).

More packages? Kull wahad!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Another package arrived today.

It's the prophesied additional package, and this time the message arrived intact.

The tyranny of beige and orange? What could this mean?

Oh hells yeah! I can't wait to do this instead of pay attention during work meetings!

This fucker is about to get the most garish clown costume of all time. :getin:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Two more gifts have arrived from the astonishingly generous Ibn Tumart!

Jokes on you, I've spent several years building up an immunity to chaumurky.

I can't get a picture to do this justice, but it's soooo cool. It's the entire map of Arrakis engraved on a pint glass. First thing I did was check for the Oh Gap/Old Gap typo. It's Old Gap on this.

We'll it's a good thing I save it for last! It is last, right? If there's anything more coming you either got a great deal or are addicted to gift giving.

Oh, wonderful! My wife offered to let me borrow her colored pencils, but it's so much nicer to have my own.

Once again, thank you so much! You really took the "anything Dune related" brief and knocked it out of the park.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

thegodofchuck posted:

GW gift messages, sharing the same level of competence of GW as a whole.

Thanks, Santa whose name was probably cut off!

"Cursed city" was cut off. Great job, GW!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

thegodofchuck posted:

I picked this one as the original was supposed to be great fun for 2 players and this reprinted version has the original version and options for more players as well. Enjoy!

Can confirm the original is great fun for 2 people.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Leperflesh can cross an entry off the list, and my Santa can breathe easy, for a package has arrived!

A perfect choice! My Santa either got very lucky or did their research in my post history, because despite not saying so in my "wants" post, I own all the products for Twilight 2000 except for this expansion. A welcome addition to the shelf, and maybe the impetus I needed to get a campaign started.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Not gonna lie, when I unwrapped and saw "Twilight 2000" I had a moment of panic, but then I saw it was the expansion and got super excited. Emotional rollercoaster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Thanks, Leperflesh!

Thleperflesh!