Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've got Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead" in my bugout bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

My main MADE IN AMERICA product is a RIFD bag for my car keys, the tacticool branding is on point

Obviously I am the guy pictured in the suit walking to his jet (Navy said they'd send a Citation)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Strategic Tea posted:

My main MADE IN AMERICA product is a RIFD bag for my car keys, the tacticool branding is on point

Obviously I am the guy pictured in the suit walking to his jet (Navy said they'd send a Citation)

HOO-RAH

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
its weird to me how in America "vet" means "military veteran" and not "veterinarian"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

aniviron posted:

Teslas are like, whatever man, cars with DLC and a robot inside that wants to run over children but also they are the first cars that are made the same way as toy cars but really big, just a huge press that smushes the metal into shape and that's rad.

Also what's a goruck bag?

I think goruck is that supreme court guy who was accused of doing a rape

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

nom epique is poor lol

Poor rear end loser

get a job nerd

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

nom epique is poor lol

Poor rear end loser

get a job nerd

What a sad post and poster

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
dude wipes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hammerite posted:

its weird to me how in America "vet" means "military veteran" and not "veterinarian"

Thank you for your service

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Hammerite posted:

it means both op

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
You think we "make" coffee?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

North America makes all kinds of poo poo, fucktons of it. Most of it isn't stuff you'd see at a Walmart or at the mall though.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

americans invented the swiss army knife, it's just called "swiss" because its skinny like a european in comparison to a normal american-sized knife

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bradzilla posted:

it means both op

Thank you for your service and/or checking my dogs crap for worms

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

all the malls died and they turned them into fentanyl farms then O’Biden sold the land to Xi for scraps

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I am happy to report the Maine Mall seems to be doing awesome. It's always bustling when I go, and only has the ghost of Sears for a big vacant tenant. There's a couple of other under construction much smaller spots. But otherwise the mall is full, and busy, and I legit love going.

I don't even try the food court, it's too packed.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Tarkus posted:

North America makes all kinds of poo poo, fucktons of it. Most of it isn't stuff you'd see at a Walmart or at the mall though.

Tell me more op

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

We make forums where brokies try to sell their video game consoles

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Mental posted:

We make forums where brokies try to sell their video game consoles

Problem?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

it seems to make you go insane OP, but that didn't take much did it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wifi Toilet posted:

We make a lot of movies, tv shows, and music, maybe we can win with a cultural victory.

I recently went to two countries where their only industry was tourism, and they both made their kids learn english from grammar school age. Yes, good or bad, that is a cultural victory

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I recently went to two countries where their only industry was tourism, and they both made their kids learn english from grammar school age. Yes, good or bad, that is a cultural victory

I would suggest they learn Chinese OP

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
We make lots of video games, movies, and songs OP

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
What happened with AI. People were wowed with chatGPT for a week then it turned out it was junk that barely worked

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I think America may have lost any advantage it may have had

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MuadDib Atreides posted:

What happened with AI. People were wowed with chatGPT for a week then it turned out it was junk that barely worked

I saw we give control over the nukes to the AI for cost efficiency.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

MuadDib Atreides posted:

it got tapped out at making resumes and lovely pictures

i think japan is still trying to make blowjob robots

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MuadDib Atreides posted:

I would suggest they learn Chinese OP

chinese people don't have disposable income they are allowed to use on travel

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

chinese people don't have disposable income they are allowed to use on travel

What can they use it on then OP? American exports?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Venmo me...

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

MuadDib Atreides posted:

its out there writing bench ads for itself now

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MuadDib Atreides posted:

What can they use it on then OP? American exports?

I don't loving know, but as rich as they claim to be you don't see a lot of Chinese tourist everywhere.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Earwicker posted:

its out there writing bench ads for itself now

the future is upon us

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Bad software. At least I do

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Konar posted:

Bad software. At least I do

have you ever used German or Italian industrial control software? We aren't even in competition in the race to the bottom on that one.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

have you ever used German or Italian industrial control software? We aren't even in competition in the race to the bottom on that one.

how do they work? German has word for every little thing and every 6th italian word means four things. The programmers must be going nuts on both sides

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how do they work? German has word for every little thing and every 6th italian work means four things. The programmers must be going nuts on both sides

translated badly, everything runs like poo poo, everything is nonsensical and 20 steps, everything is poo poo. I've used Bosch, Steriline, ERSA and Sennheiser software developed in-house. The Bosch depyrogenation tunnel had a button on the main screen where, if pressed, initiated a cycle that turned off the oven heaters and required 8 partially-translated screens to check the heaters were running and turn them back on if necessary. This was obviously a problem if you were expecting sterile glass vials to come out of the cool zone to be filled with chemotherapy drugs when the tunnel turned off then needed 5 hours to heat back up with a room timer clocking down from 20 hours, especially since you have to throw away all the glass that was in the tunnel when that button got accidentally pressed before proceeding. Steriline and ERSA's stuff was just really bad and only ran on XP machines that were 15-20 years out of date when I worked on them. Sennheiser's in-house stuff could start up successfully maybe 30% of the time. Garbage, all of it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

translated badly, everything runs like poo poo, everything is nonsensical and 20 steps, everything is poo poo. I've used Bosch, Steriline, ERSA and Sennheiser software developed in-house. The Bosch depyrogenation tunnel had a button on the main screen where, if pressed, initiated a cycle that turned off the oven heaters and required 8 partially-translated screens to check the heaters were running and turn them back on if necessary. This was obviously a problem if you were expecting sterile glass vials to come out of the cool zone to be filled with chemotherapy drugs when the tunnel turned off then needed 5 hours to heat back up with a room timer clocking down from 20 hours, especially since you have to throw away all the glass that was in the tunnel when that button got accidentally pressed before proceeding. Steriline and ERSA's stuff was just really bad and only ran on XP machines that were 15-20 years out of date when I worked on them. Sennheiser's in-house stuff could start up successfully maybe 30% of the time. Garbage, all of it.

why do people think AI is the future?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

MrQwerty posted:

This is true. Look at the software a little crooked and it'll crash. Do something out of step in a screen full of options? Crash! I don't know if they just put very little effort into it or they're just not clever enough to make something like a million dollar machine function smoothly with its software. The machines are great, software is loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

why do people think AI is the future?

because they think it's magic and not just the current iteration of the "automaton chess player, the Mechanical Turk"