Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

We make a lot of cars here 🅾️🅱️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The Toxx Clause was invented in America, and most Toxxes have been Americans

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

most but not all

🅾️🅱️ participated in a program that helped bring back Toxx manufacturing to the US this year

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Konar posted:

Bad software. At least I do

have you ever used German or Italian industrial control software? We aren't even in competition in the race to the bottom on that one.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how do they work? German has word for every little thing and every 6th italian work means four things. The programmers must be going nuts on both sides

translated badly, everything runs like poo poo, everything is nonsensical and 20 steps, everything is poo poo. I've used Bosch, Steriline, ERSA and Sennheiser software developed in-house. The Bosch depyrogenation tunnel had a button on the main screen where, if pressed, initiated a cycle that turned off the oven heaters and required 8 partially-translated screens to check the heaters were running and turn them back on if necessary. This was obviously a problem if you were expecting sterile glass vials to come out of the cool zone to be filled with chemotherapy drugs when the tunnel turned off then needed 5 hours to heat back up with a room timer clocking down from 20 hours, especially since you have to throw away all the glass that was in the tunnel when that button got accidentally pressed before proceeding. Steriline and ERSA's stuff was just really bad and only ran on XP machines that were 15-20 years out of date when I worked on them. Sennheiser's in-house stuff could start up successfully maybe 30% of the time. Garbage, all of it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

why do people think AI is the future?

because they think it's magic and not just the current iteration of the "automaton chess player, the Mechanical Turk"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Google Jeb Bush posted:

the US is the world's second largest manufacturer of Stuff, by virtue of being Big and Rich

yes but it's all just kits put together elsewhere and assembled according to OP, neglecting that his description discounts pretty much everyone post-WWII from saying they manufacture goods except possibly modern-day China for low-level stuff

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

love to live in a city with multiple huge factories, in the high tech manufacturing industry, and talk to people every day about how there's no manufacturing in this country any more :yum:

"WHY DID SENNHEISER SHUT DOWN THEIR US FACTORY IN ALBUQUERQUE!?!"
"COVID and January 6"
"Well I don't want to talk about that"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Smugworth posted:

Headphones were America's number one export up until all the headphones factory workers fomented insurrection at our nations capital

lol they sold headphones off to a hearing aid company, i made all the stuff that they use at the superbowl and poo poo

the germans decidedly did not like J6

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 7, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd like to know more about a German company pulling out of New Mexico due to J6. That seems odd.

It was already a 10 year plan and COVID made it a 5 year plan, then J6 happened and they didn't have faith in the USA having a government in 5 years time so it became immediate since all the equipment was depreciated and they just decided to eat poo poo with the romania and wennebostel plants since they offloaded consumer anyway

J6 spooked those guys bad as far as the viability of running a business in the US so they mostly stopped doing it. I don't blame them.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 7, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Cactus Ghost posted:

for a while in SA Mart someone was selling tactical gum with a straight face lol

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Szyznyk posted:

It’s the 21st century. People of all colors, creeds, and sexual orientations are allowed to ride ATVs and eat beef jerky.

sadly, in the freest country on the entire planet, you are not allowed to ride a Japanese 3-wheel ATV unless you buy one from the 80's at a ridiculous markup because it's a "death liability" and "too unstable to exist"

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Nov 22, 2023