Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Yeah that's VRAM corruption even. You can try MSI Afterburner and give it a little bit more power if you like, it could help.

I say start an RMA if you still have a warranty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Did they ever send you a replacement?

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
I just happened upon this glitch again in another thread. In their case it only happened when they tried using the marker tool in Snipping Tool.

I'd run ddu again to be sure and then try turning off transparency effects, it seemed to be happening more when there were multiple "layers" of windows with transparency

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4047027&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

If you wanna talk irl.

Edit: whoops forgot, yeah docp is overclocking. Kill it for now

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
What tools do you have there? Any second pc or spare parts?

Receipts for things?

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Yeah bios issues scream cpu, some cpus need more power due to physics. Sometimes it's ram. Start with cpu for now. If you can, bump vcc cpu core by point ten volts. Phone posting so I can't tell you bios settings. Wait for second opinion though, I am two steps ahead sometimes. See what zogo says too.

0.10 volts added to cpu core would be my move. C-states disabled after 2 reboots.

Windows reinstall after three.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Refurbished does actually mean "used but tested." Companies are contracted to test and clean these *usually* but it's such a poo poo job brushing and blowing fragile rear end fans all day that it's probably underpaid kids without facemasks

That bit was a joke, I don't know the specific conditions. Perhaps they bring facemasks from home.

Edit: Hope the drat thing works. If not I know a good harbor to toss it in.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
The error logs suggest your video card again. HOW loving FUNNY IS THAT?

Let's chat about every single thing you have plugged into it. Any gaming headsets? Any wireless mouse dongles? Any vr headset? What speakers? Which monitor(s) and what cables do they use? Swap out displayport cables, hdmi should not be an issue but swap them out too

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Could be... Delete both of them*, then go to the action menu and choose scan for new hardware. Do they come back similar? Or is their status different?

If it's similar perhaps running DDU again is in your future. Do it from safe mode if you can. (shift + click on restart, hold shift)

https://www.guru3d.com/download/display-driver-uninstaller-download/
If it's different, and loaded correctly, start gaming again.

The chipset driver isn't installed nor loaded to memory so it wouldn't be crashing.

All those devices but the mouse and kb should be removed from here on. If it continues crashing, drop down to one monitor. If it continues, swap them. Get yourself in troubleshooting mode lol

Speakers are fine. Ear health is a treasure.

* The proper term is Uninstall, but if you press the delete key on them they go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Installing the chipset driver is generally optional for now, but if you want to, setting that up is pretty easy.

Edit a snype in a HOTS thread