Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
i had boba tea from a can a couple hours ago and let me tell you,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i dont know a single person who thinks anything from tims is good anymore

where else where you get bieber holes

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Saalkin posted:

Im a man of culture. I eat at Tim Hortons for a dinner and a show

If you're lucky, you'll be front row seats for an angry poop.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/gykg7j/we-finally-know-why-the-angry-tim-hortons-pooper-pooped

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

The only franchise business in my town is a Burger King. report back to me when there's only Burger King news

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tea Party Crasher posted:

The only franchise business in my town is a Burger King. report back to me when there's only Burger King news

The ghost pepper whopper they did for Halloween was weird as hell.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Ville Valo posted:

I'll stick with Dunkin, even though it's operated exclusively by stoned teens who try to get me to leave before giving me back my card, or with only half my order.

I limit my time inside DD by ordering on my phone through the app, that could help

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Jelly posted:

op taking a break from political rage cage and moving into wizard master territory

Gas station coffe quality wizard master

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

MrQwerty posted:

It's the guy that sued the forums

What’s the thread on that lol fest?

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

null_pointer posted:

Gas station coffe quality wizard master

Legit though speedway and other places that have the fresh ground fast coffee machines beat the poo poo out of sbux any day of the week these days.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

i'll just carry this around as a fashion accessory, not even drinking it, goin all "haaaay guyyys"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Tnuctip posted:

What’s the thread on that lol fest?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3999483

everyone with one of my gangtags donated to a mental health org to get that tag

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
so back in the day Starbucks iced tea used to have caffeine levels competitive with Red Bull oz for oz

I didn't know this, it was hot and ended up drinking two larges and worked myself right into an anxiety attack and rage quit my job

good times

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Vampire Panties posted:

so back in the day Starbucks iced tea used to have caffeine levels competitive with Red Bull oz for oz

I didn't know this, it was hot and ended up drinking two larges and worked myself right into an anxiety attack and rage quit my job

good times

this rules you should be proud. we all dream of ragequitting our jobs and you actually did it.

those Celsius energy drinks carry the same vibe

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

sorry I only drink anaerobics that taste like spoiled milk but it’s on purpose

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

YeahTubaMike posted:

Chestnut praline lattes are my lifeblood

maybe the only somewhat good starbucks thing

still probably going to give me diarrhea

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Nothing like a Target Starbucks caramel macchiato.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

What are these things called? (I want one.)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I get all my caffeine from preworkout drinks.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BigBadSteve posted:

What are these things called? (I want one.)

Unicorn Cummachiato

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

bradzilla posted:

Unicorn Cummachiato

I don't think you could name it anything else.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
gently caress you, my therapist says I’m doing alright

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Starbucks posted:

:stare:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Starbucks posted:

Glad to hear it brother.

Can I get a promo code?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Starbucks posted:

Doubt

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Starbucks posted:

How many Unicorn Cummachiatos have you had today?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Starbucks posted:

:f5:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

It's called a reverse grimace shake because if you shake it up the colors mix to purple and upsidedown it's kind of a grimace shape

edit: Grimace is from McDonald's "lore," deep dive

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

My therapist said that they were right and a puppy wouldn’t solve all my problems

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

you wouldnt believe how much starbucks wants for a coffee let alone a coffee machine

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
god I wanna fuckin milkshake

gotta fast for bloodwork tomorrow. Boooo

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I love that Starbucks tried going hard expanding here (Australia) but the massive amounts of sugary drinks and the fact that their basic coffee was more expensive kind of hosed them up here and they lost a poo poo tonne of money lol

I would like a basic latte, do I get the more expensive Starbucks or just go to one of the other three cafes in walking distance and pay less? What a difficult choice!

The only one I see get any business is the one placed near the main area tourists go through, which makes sense.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So glad I never go to Starbucks.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I dont like overpriced sugar water with a smidge of caffeine, OP

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

syntaxfunction posted:

I love that Starbucks tried going hard expanding here (Australia) but the massive amounts of sugary drinks and the fact that their basic coffee was more expensive kind of hosed them up here and they lost a poo poo tonne of money lol.

I ordered several Hot Chocolate from them and gave up when the 3rd one from a different place each time sucked.

How do you make Hot Chocolate bad? That takes some talent there.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The key to Starbucks that so many are missing is they often have a drive thru. If it comes between sitting in my car or finding parking and then going in line I’m gonna sit in my car like God says I should.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

starbucks is terrible and always has been. in truly sophisticated nations starbucks is nowhere and independent cafes make actually decent coffee :smug:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
The Starbucks Roastery in Tokyo is the tits. 3 stories, has a tea bar and actual bar bar with alcoholic drinks… I’d be at Starbucks all the time I’d that were my local.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

YeahTubaMike posted:

I worked at Starbucks very briefly back in 2006, and they told us that if a customer ordered a beverage using a normal size (small coffee, medium latte, etc.), we were to repeat it back to them using Starbucks sizes ("tall coffee/grande latte, coming right up! :v: "). I refused to, because it was just weird.

I noticed this and thought it was coffee snobbery over some italian sizing poo poo that I'd never heard of and was slightly turned off to the brand.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

syntaxfunction posted:

I love that Starbucks tried going hard expanding here (Australia) but the massive amounts of sugary drinks and the fact that their basic coffee was more expensive kind of hosed them up here and they lost a poo poo tonne of money lol

I would like a basic latte, do I get the more expensive Starbucks or just go to one of the other three cafes in walking distance and pay less? What a difficult choice!

The only one I see get any business is the one placed near the main area tourists go through, which makes sense.

It somehow worked in Seattle. Seattle had a ton of really great coffee shops, often times there would be a line out the door of the starbucks it would have loud weird music playing and be hard to get a place to sit, it had that high traffic fast-food place level of weird finger grime all over everything, it was more expensive and arguably lower quality. The little coffee shop next door you could just walk in and get a coffee, if you ordered a latte you'd get it before people in starbucks even got to put in an order. There were a few starbucks there where you could see multiple other starbucks from their front door.

Once all the other coffee places closed up they closed up a bunch of starbucks and now you just couldn't get coffee for a few blocks, Seattle was absolutely saturated with interesting places to get a cup of coffee before. It's crazy that there are other coffee chains that are HQ'd in Seattle like Tullys and Seattle's Best and neither of them have a presence in the city now.

So from Starbuck's PoV it makes perfect sense that they could just come in and take over good on you guys for not falling for it or else you might actually have less places to get coffee than you do now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Internet Old One posted:

It somehow worked in Seattle.

Wow no way bro