Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Starbucks posted:

gently caress you, my therapist says I’m doing alright

Glad to hear it brother.

Can I get a promo code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So glad I never go to Starbucks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

I walked past the OG Starbucks. I also saw a DeLorean too. Looked to be daily driven by some old lady.

loving COBBLESTONES!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

growing up watching reruns of F.r.I.e.n.D.s I assumed that if I hung out in coffee shops I too could have F.r.I.e.n.D.s so I got a part time job in school at a starbucks and several of my female coworkers took turns dating me

Did your coffee shop come with a laugh track?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

does this drat book have anything good in it

Song of Solomon is hot

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I like coffee. A little too much you might say. But not in that annoying snooty coffee person way. Rather, as an efficient means of caffeine delivery. And in an office environment, it's a great way to waste time - go get another coffee, oh, coffee's out, gotta make another coffee, oh Hey Bob, want some coffee? Be right back, gotta pee from all this coffee!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

This is time theft

Want a coffee? Just brewed a fresh pot!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

I always thought the line "don't talk to me until I've had my coffee" meant more "I've just woken up and my brain isn't working yet but by the time I finish my coffee I'll be good to process stuff properly and not half rear end pretend to listen", or at least that how I use it.

I've gone through caffeine withdrawals from randomly deciding to not drink coffee for a few days a bunch of times and altho it gives me a headache it's never made me an rear end in a top hat? I feel like it's just an excuse to be an rear end in a top hat for people, even after five cups or some poo poo.

I've always interpreted the verbal volley of "don't talk to me..." as both a cliched offhand office mark, but also an effective way to avoid conversation or interaction. It's a joke on at least two levels.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tnuctip posted:

Where do you find hills brothers these days? My bougie coffee ran out and all the supermarkets around me only had poo poo Folgers and maxwell house

DUNKS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I get Starbuck ground coffee for home.