Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
shall we gussy up byob with a sytlesheet for the winter holidays
This poll is closed.
hell yes 7 41.18%
heavens no 0 0%
my goodness so many options 5 29.41%
Goku 5 29.41%
Total: 12 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Manifisto

hello orbs and or posting pals, the winter holiday season is upon us and we have the opportunity to perhaps make a custom stylesheet like we did for halloween! but les mods decided to solicit community feedback on both whether we would want such a thing, and suggestions as to what we might do with it. you are all encouraged to vote in the poll and or post itt with suggestions or even questions or heck just the good old goku option. deadline for the poll is this friday!

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 7, 2023

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker

sure, but make it last only like one month

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i think there should be a silly wednesday only stylesheet that applies every wednesday

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

def, but please make sure it's readable (or at least overridable if not) <3

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I think it sounds like a great idea, but it needs to be less distracting than the Halloween styleset was. I think my issue with that one was that some of the text fields were slightly transparent (iirc) so you could see the background image. For me this made the text harder to read.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

2 and a half days and still no working examples?! :cripes:

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

110823 posted:

thanks for donating one again to the something awful style sheet fund

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Zoya

110823 posted:

:anime:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

I think it sounds like a great idea, but it needs to be less distracting than the Halloween styleset was. I think my issue with that one was that some of the text fields were slightly transparent (iirc) so you could see the background image. For me this made the text harder to read.

I'd like the colors to be more muted, too.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Zoya posted:

i think there should be a silly wednesday only stylesheet that applies every wednesday

This, but also it's always Wednesday somewhere so it should be the default

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Scuba Trooper

Zoya posted:

Visions of Valerie

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Chill la Chill posted:

it's always Wednesday somewhere

truly, the darkest timeline

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Visions of Valerie posted:

truly, the best timeline
FTFY
:wedass:

111213_5
we'll have a working example on 11/18, 12 days after the OP's post

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zoya

111213_5 posted:

we'll have a working example on 11/18, 12 days after the OP's post

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

when tbey vw w weventjually switch b ghe IKs and givr me the Power Buttons im gonna probe this guy wvery time he posts :hmmyes:

Goons Are Gifts

I like that we have been blessed with insane number rereg guy's presence on this multiple times now. Really speaks for itself :colbert:

Either way. I have collected a lot of feedback over the halloween one and I know there has been some issues for people, that was one of the reasons why we only had it up for a few days as a sort of live experiment!
I'd love to have a nice winter stylesheet up for a good month - as well as other stylesheets for special seasons! However, they need to be readable and not too wild, so BYOB remains similarly readable and accessible as it is now. That's why we wanted to open this discussion up to the whole forum and make sure everyone has a chance to be heard!
If anyone is feeling like working on some basic examples of any kind, feel free! We can also simply being by collecting basic ideas.

For example:
A santa hat for the hammock kitten?
A santa outfit instead?
What colors would be fitting?
A hammock kitty that becomes a sleigh kitty?

Just post ideas you might have and we can see if we can find one or more of our great artists in BYOB to make some basic examples! It does not have to be a full stylesheet, a simple singular element, the kitty, a color theme, whatever you feel like and we can put this together like a great community made puzzle!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Kwanzaa Kitty

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I like the idea of something neutrally holiday and not necessarily wintry. What's the most neutral December holiday? It's Greebmas.

Greebmas colors are dark purple and dark blue. That would work well with white text for readability. We could put hammock kitty in Grandma's bucket. The Greebmas hole and shovel could be featured too.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Randy Travesty posted:

I like the idea of something neutrally holiday and not necessarily wintry. What's the most neutral December holiday? It's Greebmas.

Greebmas colors are dark purple and dark blue. That would work well with white text for readability. We could put hammock kitty in Grandma's bucket. The Greebmas hole and shovel could be featured too.

this pls. greebmas is coming. yob help us :ohdearsass:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Areola Grande posted:

this pls. greebmas is coming. yob help us :ohdearsass:

greebmas is always with us, in our hearts

ty nesamdoom!