Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I got a thing.

It wasn't looking good for our brave Satan.

But internally there was no problems.

Even the riskiest one worked out fine and will take up residence on my desk.

I had to explain what this was to my wife, the uncultured barbarian. She also said the regular toad is "creepy" so I have to keep that one at work I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

bird food bathtub posted:

I got a thing.

It wasn't looking good for our brave Satan.

But internally there was no problems.

Even the riskiest one worked out fine and will take up residence on my desk.

I had to explain what this was to my wife, the uncultured barbarian. She also said the regular toad is "creepy" so I have to keep that one at work I think.

:five:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hey Wingnut Ninja
The shirt was from me obviously, I'm putting together another package of goodies from NZ but this year has been a gently caress and I'm unlikely to get it out before new years. Help me out - do you have a dog?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
No dog, and no worries - I'm out of town anyway for the next couple weeks, so that'll work out fine.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Thank you so much Satan, I hid the book on the coffee table until my wife notices.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Glad you like it, sorry I didn't have time for a note. Hope you enjoy the Indian snack mix and your book of dicks!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Indian snack mixes own, it's always mystifying to me why Flamin' Hot Rice Krispies haven't gone mainstream in the US

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Hail Satan! I finally checked my mail box today and had a big ol super surprise. The surprise was it had no glitter and didn't stink. Maybe stinkypete is not as stinky anymore? [THIS IS NOT A CHALLENGE]

Arc Light, You nailed it the Box O Stuff is awesome. The postal carrier had to shove it into my community mail box because it was so full of stuff. Me and the wife unboxed it and the fun part was trying to see what you sent. I will post pictures tomorrow after work. Wife already claimed the T Shirt Cow tipping shirt.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Sweet! The last time USPS actually scanned your package for tracking was a week ago at a central distribution hub; I had no idea it was delivered. I hope everything survived intact!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I got my gift on Monday and I've been terrible about getting it posted! Took pics, though!

First up was this package:

Moopsy!

Next up was this!

It will hang with honor on my wall.

Next was a lovely card.

(I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card and now I can't find where I put it)

Something slipped out of the card and my heart skipped a beat.

Then I flipped one over

I now want to drop them randomly at the local mall.

There was also an awesome sticker

There were also three wrapped presents in really awesome wrapping paper!

First I opened this!

This one made me nervous.

Yup. That's exactly what I was afraid it might be. I haven't read it yet but it's full of those Trump Lost bux and I hope they weren't meant as bookmarks because some fell out as I flipped through it.

Finally, we come to this:

First was an amazing t-shirt from the Cosmosphere! I'll never forgive COVID for cancelling the Apollo 13 50th Anniversary gala there. I was going to get to meet so many cool people!

Inside it was this awesome sun catcher:

Thanks so much, Santa! I--

OH GOD

MOOPSY

McNally fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 28, 2023

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Slim Pickens your updated delivery date is 29th-31st… it’s a Worlds Hottest nuts challenge and a Final Boss Sour challenge.

I will admit to having done the sours before and holy gently caress were they sour.

Enjoy, and happy Kwanzannakaristmas holidays!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I haven't seen anything yet, FYI

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Ataxerxes is my victim this year and their package has been sitting in Finland customs since December 23rd.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I haven't seen anything yet, FYI

Same.

Come on delivery man, deliver a cheer

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Aw, snap. I got the first of an apparently multi-part gift today. It absolutely owns, and I'll post photos as soon as I'm home from work.

Thanks, mystery Secret Satan!

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

What website are yall using to host images?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Laranzu posted:

Same.

Come on delivery man, deliver a cheer

Yours finally got mailed today. Holiday food poisoning is a bitch.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

stinkypete posted:

What website are yall using to host images?

I use a burner account on Imgur. It's easy to embed direct links to my pictures and as far as I can tell, they never get deleted

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Hekk posted:

Ataxerxes is my victim this year and their package has been sitting in Finland customs since December 23rd.

Could you PM me a rough description of what is included and a quesstimate of value? Sadly just "gift" won't do. The Finnish customs wants to know before they will release it for shipping.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Light posted:

Aw, snap. I got the first of an apparently multi-part gift today. It absolutely owns, and I'll post photos as soon as I'm home from work.

Thanks, mystery Secret Satan!

A package!

And, given the big ol' split in the packaging, it doesn't look like there's a glitterbomb inside. How exciting!

Fortunately, no signs of damage to whatever's inside. Let's check it out.

An elegantly wrapped surprise... with more on the way?!?

No way.

This is so cool. I can't even overstate what a great gift this is, because it's right up my alley but also something I would never think to buy for myself. Just from flipping to random pages I recognize art from my dad's old sci-fi pulp novels that I read as a kid. Not only a great read, but this is absolutely going to have a permanent place on my coffee table for guests to enjoy.

Seriously, thanks mystery Satan. This owns hard.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Arc Light posted:

This is so cool. I can't even overstate what a great gift this is, because it's right up my alley but also something I would never think to buy for myself. Just from flipping to random pages I recognize art from my dad's old sci-fi pulp novels that I read as a kid. Not only a great read, but this is absolutely going to have a permanent place on my coffee table for guests to enjoy.

Sweet, glad it made it there! That was me, the anonymous first package thing seemed amusing when I ordered it but I think that's run its course. I've been tracking it the last few days just circling in APO purgatory and I was getting nervous.

Glad you like it, I'm not much of an art or coffee table book guy, but I ordered a copy for myself a while back on an impulse and found it really cool.

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
My secret satan gift arrived, the delivery guy apologized for it being late, seems like it had slipped between the seats and got overlooked!

Thanks for the grape (also, orange, apricot, and strawberry) gift satan! Happy Hondadays! :D

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
That’s actually a really good brand of jam.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I told you it was gonna be disappointing.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Slim Pickens your pain train is showing as arrived.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

My Secret Satan sent me a Plethora of Neat stuff

https://imgur.com/a/nmlaCrY

stinkypete fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 2, 2024

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

stinkypete posted:

My Secret Satan sent me a Plethora of Neat stuff

Sweet!

I was a little worried that the shisa statues wouldn't survive the tender ministrations of the post office. I'm glad everything looks like it survived intact.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Is sending people dosimeters your thing or something?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Is sending people dosimeters your thing or something?

That wasn't even part of the secret santa package!

I sent a t-shirt!

But instead, there is no shirt in the picture, and some kind of infernal machine.

Edit: Twofing, what we have is special I would never send someone else a dosimeter, that's all you

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Slim Pickens your pain train is showing as arrived.

Thanks, I received it a few days ago and forgot to post.

Shim gave me the gift of unquenchable fire and making GBS threads my entire rear end. Thanks!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Slim Pickens posted:

Thanks, I received it a few days ago and forgot to post.

Shim gave me the gift of unquenchable fire and making GBS threads my entire rear end. Thanks!

I am literally getting an itchy scalp just looking at that.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Looking forward to the "Oh god I forgot to wash my hands and went to the bathroom" post.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

We are well into the new year, can we start chasing up lates? I haven't seen nor heard anything

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

We are well into the new year, can we start chasing up lates? I haven't seen nor heard anything

It's awaiting border clearance, arrived in your country today.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ataxerxes posted:

It's awaiting border clearance, arrived in your country today.

<3

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Light posted:

A package!

And, given the big ol' split in the packaging, it doesn't look like there's a glitterbomb inside. How exciting!

Fortunately, no signs of damage to whatever's inside. Let's check it out.

An elegantly wrapped surprise... with more on the way?!?

No way.

After an already impressive part 1, my Satan continues to deliver.

Here's Part 2!

A book of macabre curios, and souvenirs from around the NCR area - including Old Bay which is legally mandatory for gifts from Virginia and Maryland. I should have taken a photo of the other side of the mug, but I left it at my office so I'll edit it in tomorrow. The mug is from the National Air & Space Museum, with a bomber on the other side. Not just any bomber, but a Martin B-26 Marauder currently mid-restoration at the museum's Udvar-Hazy Center**, which holds the record for the number of bombing missions survived during WWII in the US Army Air Forces. The side you can see, "FLAK_BAIT," is the plane's nose art. It's also about twice the size of a normal mug, so maybe I'll finally get through an hour long meeting on a single mug of coffee.

Extremely rad.

Thanks, Wingnut Ninja!

Edit: I visited the Udvar-Hazy Center on a TDY a couple of years ago. Flak Bait didn't ring any bells, but I was definitely in the restoration hangar, so I had a thought to go digging through my photos...

ZOOM. ENHANCE.

Good lord, that's a lot of dropped bombs. Nose art is pretty spot on for the mug.

Editing yet again, because even though the name didn't ring a bell, I'd swear I'd seen the nose art elsewhere and lo and behold...

One of the bombers at my old base, Barksdale AFB, is Flak-Bait II, complete with accurate (but tiny) nose art.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 4, 2024

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Rad, I was considering loading it up with a ton of FLY NAVY stuff, but the Flak Bait mug was too good to pass up. :D

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

My parcel arrived today, thanks a ton Hekk! I can always use more soap and socks and Minnesota comfort food sounds perfect for the -15C weather we are having right now.

I can't send a picture since this app just gives errors but the gift is greatly appreciated!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Ataxerxes posted:

My parcel arrived today, thanks a ton Hekk! I can always use more soap and socks and Minnesota comfort food sounds perfect for the -15C weather we are having right now.

I can't send a picture since this app just gives errors but the gift is greatly appreciated!

I am happy to hear everything got there ok.

I sent a silly card celebrating Saint Urho’s day which is apparently a Minnesota made fictional Finnish saint whose holiday is celebrated the day before Saint Patrick’s Day and also includes drinking a bunch.

Also sent an upper midwestern comfort food cookbook that has like 100 hot dish recipes since that’s the comfort food of choice here too.

There was a pair of Paul Bunyan & Babe the Ox novelty socks.

I also included a bunch of different types of homemade soap that my wife and I have made over the last year or so.

Finally, I sent a few fishing flies that I tied since fly fishing is one of the hobbies I picked up in my military retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Arc Light posted:

After an already impressive part 1, my Satan continues to deliver.

Here's Part 2!

A book of macabre curios, and souvenirs from around the NCR area - including Old Bay which is legally mandatory for gifts from Virginia and Maryland. I should have taken a photo of the other side of the mug, but I left it at my office so I'll edit it in tomorrow. The mug is from the National Air & Space Museum, with a bomber on the other side. Not just any bomber, but a Martin B-26 Marauder currently mid-restoration at the museum's Udvar-Hazy Center**, which holds the record for the number of bombing missions survived during WWII in the US Army Air Forces. The side you can see, "FLAK_BAIT," is the plane's nose art. It's also about twice the size of a normal mug, so maybe I'll finally get through an hour long meeting on a single mug of coffee.

Extremely rad.

Thanks, Wingnut Ninja!

Edit: I visited the Udvar-Hazy Center on a TDY a couple of years ago. Flak Bait didn't ring any bells, but I was definitely in the restoration hangar, so I had a thought to go digging through my photos...

ZOOM. ENHANCE.

Good lord, that's a lot of dropped bombs. Nose art is pretty spot on for the mug.

Editing yet again, because even though the name didn't ring a bell, I'd swear I'd seen the nose art elsewhere and lo and behold...

One of the bombers at my old base, Barksdale AFB, is Flak-Bait II, complete with accurate (but tiny) nose art.

That's a really amazing plane!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak-Bait