Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Arc Light posted:

After an already impressive part 1, my Satan continues to deliver.

Here's Part 2!

A book of macabre curios, and souvenirs from around the NCR area - including Old Bay which is legally mandatory for gifts from Virginia and Maryland. I should have taken a photo of the other side of the mug, but I left it at my office so I'll edit it in tomorrow. The mug is from the National Air & Space Museum, with a bomber on the other side. Not just any bomber, but a Martin B-26 Marauder currently mid-restoration at the museum's Udvar-Hazy Center**, which holds the record for the number of bombing missions survived during WWII in the US Army Air Forces. The side you can see, "FLAK_BAIT," is the plane's nose art. It's also about twice the size of a normal mug, so maybe I'll finally get through an hour long meeting on a single mug of coffee.

Extremely rad.

Thanks, Wingnut Ninja!

Edit: I visited the Udvar-Hazy Center on a TDY a couple of years ago. Flak Bait didn't ring any bells, but I was definitely in the restoration hangar, so I had a thought to go digging through my photos...

ZOOM. ENHANCE.

Good lord, that's a lot of dropped bombs. Nose art is pretty spot on for the mug.

Editing yet again, because even though the name didn't ring a bell, I'd swear I'd seen the nose art elsewhere and lo and behold...

One of the bombers at my old base, Barksdale AFB, is Flak-Bait II, complete with accurate (but tiny) nose art.

That's a really amazing plane!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak-Bait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU