Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

My stuff should be on its way this week, life happened and things were a bit delayed.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

My stuff is on it's way, sorry for the delay. And the scatterbrain that I am I forgot to write anything on the card. Hope the other stuff makes up for it!

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Hekk posted:

Ataxerxes is my victim this year and their package has been sitting in Finland customs since December 23rd.

Could you PM me a rough description of what is included and a quesstimate of value? Sadly just "gift" won't do. The Finnish customs wants to know before they will release it for shipping.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

We are well into the new year, can we start chasing up lates? I haven't seen nor heard anything

It's awaiting border clearance, arrived in your country today.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

My parcel arrived today, thanks a ton Hekk! I can always use more soap and socks and Minnesota comfort food sounds perfect for the -15C weather we are having right now.

I can't send a picture since this app just gives errors but the gift is greatly appreciated!

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I have received a gift!

I hope you like them!

That Lipton movie is, supposedly, known for being "the best sci-fi movie made in Finland but set in Vladivostok". Filmed in the middle of a depression by a bunch of people who had little money but plenty of ideas. It's an experience.

Total Balalaika Show is what it says on the tin, an experience of a whole different sort. The times we live in, I think everyone could do with a total balalalaika show.

And Master and Margarita is indeed a strange classic by a strange author, I hope you like it.

And here is a picture of the stuff I got, finally managed to sort it out. Thanks Hekk, my apartment smells like a garden and I can't wait to get on with the Minnesotan recipes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Hekk posted:

I am happy to hear everything got there ok.

I sent a silly card celebrating Saint Urho’s day which is apparently a Minnesota made fictional Finnish saint whose holiday is celebrated the day before Saint Patrick’s Day and also includes drinking a bunch.

Also sent an upper midwestern comfort food cookbook that has like 100 hot dish recipes since that’s the comfort food of choice here too.

There was a pair of Paul Bunyan & Babe the Ox novelty socks.

I also included a bunch of different types of homemade soap that my wife and I have made over the last year or so.

Finally, I sent a few fishing flies that I tied since fly fishing is one of the hobbies I picked up in my military retirement.

And for St Urho, there is a place called St Urho's Pub: https://www.urhospub.fi/fi/

Though this one is named after the late President Urho Kekkonen. If you ever end up in Finland I'll buy you a beer there ;)