Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I'm in!

Let's see what delights and terrors GiP will unleash this gift-giving season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Thanks, Sarah!

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

My stuff is already in the mail, so I hope it gets to my victim recipient before Christmas.

Buuuuttt...

I'm shipping from overseas so who knows.

In any event, it's definitely not rigged up with a glitter bomb or anything.

You can trust me.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

bird food bathtub posted:

I got a thing.

It wasn't looking good for our brave Satan.

But internally there was no problems.

Even the riskiest one worked out fine and will take up residence on my desk.

I had to explain what this was to my wife, the uncultured barbarian. She also said the regular toad is "creepy" so I have to keep that one at work I think.

:five:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Sweet! The last time USPS actually scanned your package for tracking was a week ago at a central distribution hub; I had no idea it was delivered. I hope everything survived intact!

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Aw, snap. I got the first of an apparently multi-part gift today. It absolutely owns, and I'll post photos as soon as I'm home from work.

Thanks, mystery Secret Satan!

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

stinkypete posted:

What website are yall using to host images?

I use a burner account on Imgur. It's easy to embed direct links to my pictures and as far as I can tell, they never get deleted

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Light posted:

Aw, snap. I got the first of an apparently multi-part gift today. It absolutely owns, and I'll post photos as soon as I'm home from work.

Thanks, mystery Secret Satan!

A package!

And, given the big ol' split in the packaging, it doesn't look like there's a glitterbomb inside. How exciting!

Fortunately, no signs of damage to whatever's inside. Let's check it out.

An elegantly wrapped surprise... with more on the way?!?

No way.

This is so cool. I can't even overstate what a great gift this is, because it's right up my alley but also something I would never think to buy for myself. Just from flipping to random pages I recognize art from my dad's old sci-fi pulp novels that I read as a kid. Not only a great read, but this is absolutely going to have a permanent place on my coffee table for guests to enjoy.

Seriously, thanks mystery Satan. This owns hard.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

stinkypete posted:

My Secret Satan sent me a Plethora of Neat stuff

Sweet!

I was a little worried that the shisa statues wouldn't survive the tender ministrations of the post office. I'm glad everything looks like it survived intact.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Is sending people dosimeters your thing or something?

That wasn't even part of the secret santa package!

I sent a t-shirt!

But instead, there is no shirt in the picture, and some kind of infernal machine.

Edit: Twofing, what we have is special I would never send someone else a dosimeter, that's all you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Light posted:

A package!

And, given the big ol' split in the packaging, it doesn't look like there's a glitterbomb inside. How exciting!

Fortunately, no signs of damage to whatever's inside. Let's check it out.

An elegantly wrapped surprise... with more on the way?!?

No way.

This is so cool. I can't even overstate what a great gift this is, because it's right up my alley but also something I would never think to buy for myself. Just from flipping to random pages I recognize art from my dad's old sci-fi pulp novels that I read as a kid. Not only a great read, but this is absolutely going to have a permanent place on my coffee table for guests to enjoy.

Seriously, thanks mystery Satan. This owns hard.

After an already impressive part 1, my Satan continues to deliver.

Here's Part 2!

A book of macabre curios, and souvenirs from around the NCR area - including Old Bay which is legally mandatory for gifts from Virginia and Maryland. I should have taken a photo of the other side of the mug, but I left it at my office so I'll edit it in tomorrow. The mug is from the National Air & Space Museum, with a bomber on the other side. Not just any bomber, but a Martin B-26 Marauder currently mid-restoration at the museum's Udvar-Hazy Center**, which holds the record for the number of bombing missions survived during WWII in the US Army Air Forces. The side you can see, "FLAK_BAIT," is the plane's nose art. It's also about twice the size of a normal mug, so maybe I'll finally get through an hour long meeting on a single mug of coffee.

Extremely rad.

Thanks, Wingnut Ninja!

Edit: I visited the Udvar-Hazy Center on a TDY a couple of years ago. Flak Bait didn't ring any bells, but I was definitely in the restoration hangar, so I had a thought to go digging through my photos...

ZOOM. ENHANCE.

Good lord, that's a lot of dropped bombs. Nose art is pretty spot on for the mug.

Editing yet again, because even though the name didn't ring a bell, I'd swear I'd seen the nose art elsewhere and lo and behold...

One of the bombers at my old base, Barksdale AFB, is Flak-Bait II, complete with accurate (but tiny) nose art.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 4, 2024