Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Worse than Boa. Worse than velcro, even the typical ugly strips. Worse than elastic. Worse than those elastic curly laces. Worse than nothing. Shoelaces are bad. Thank you all for agreeing with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBBwKWSxoMI

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This post is the kind of low effort I would expect from somebody with Velcro shoes

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
they're knot bad, OP

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I can accurately report kids today aren't learning to tie their laces till age 10

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Smugworth posted:

This post is the kind of low effort I would expect from somebody with Velcro shoes

Correct; Vibram Furoshiki.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
The tips are so much fun to suck on though.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

The tips are so much fun to suck on though.

They're called aglets bozo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

They're called aglets bozo

*Ding

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Duck and Cover posted:

Worse than Boa. Worse than velcro, even the typical ugly strips. Worse than elastic. Worse than those elastic curly laces. Worse than nothing. Shoelaces are bad. Thank you all for agreeing with me.

POSTED BY CROCS CREW

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
When I take my elevator I untie my shoes so I don't have to waste time doing it when I get in the door

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Anybody wear those shoes that have no soles so your barefeet still touch the ground and get caked in dogshit and loose gravel?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

EorayMel posted:

Anybody wear those shoes that have no soles so your barefeet still touch the ground and get caked in dogshit and loose gravel?
So the traditional definition of a shoe is that it has a sturdy sole so that is not a shoe

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

EorayMel posted:

Earthbenders, I guess

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i love my shoe laces, skinny little snakes that keep my feetsies snug

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

EorayMel posted:

What

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I love shoelaces, I tie them once a year tops and forget they exist.

I'd rather be wearing velcro light up sneakers though.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYZTFq8hJbQ

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Do we have a derogatory name for the youngest generation yet? Linneals, or some such.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

Do we have a derogatory name for the youngest generation yet? Linneals, or some such.

Alpha?
more like gen alfalfa

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

EorayMel posted:

i do

brodie0
Jul 28, 2008
There's a right way and a wrong way to tie shoelaces, and 50% of y'all do it wrong. The loops should lay flat horizontally, not vertically. If yours lay more vertical than horizontal, swoop the other way.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

have you tried a shoehorn op?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Remember when Vibram five finger shoes were all the rage online?

I only ever saw one dude wear those in the wild years ago. And he was a weirdo.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

You Are A Werewolf posted:

My dad had and wore some of those...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

brodie0 posted:

There's a right way and a wrong way to tie shoelaces, and 50% of y'all do it wrong. The loops should lay flat horizontally, not vertically. If yours lay more vertical than horizontal, swoop the other way.

The gently caress??

brodie0
Jul 28, 2008

redshirt posted:

The gently caress??

I don't know how to embed images. Couple paragraphs down on this page shows right and wrong, and I assume tells you at some point how. It's long as poo poo and I didn't read it though.

https://bigthink.com/starts-with-a-bang/math-tie-shoes-correct/

The swoop should come up from the bottom

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

brodie0 posted:

it's true! I tied my shoes wrong all these years and now I have bone spurs, hip dysplasia, shoring of the knees, urticating hairs, and a serious nightsoil problem!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
if your shoelaces come undone all the time when you're walking and you think the problem is that you're not tying them up tight enough - you're wrong, the problem is that you're tying them incorrectly.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I use to wear them but they are kind of a hassle to get on and I don't like talking to people.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dicklaces

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

How well are your shoes strapped on your feet machines? I tie my shoelaces and start a walking and I have to stop after a few hundred steps and pull and tighten them again.

Feeling like I could get knocked out of my shoes at any time is not a good feeling also feeling like I'm walking in sand.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

if you put gum in your shoes they stay on better until it dries, but if you keep moving it should stay moist

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Laces made of dick

Or

Laces for your dick

?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
don't forget to put on your winter laces it's already snowing

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Agreed 100% OP. People who opt to have shoelaces in this day and age are DUMB!

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

but in the 90s if you had these you were the coolest! :v:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Same and same. He wore a beret.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I wear steel toed work boots. Honestly once you've broken in a pair or two even that process isn't that bad and they are real comfortable. Some of the things I've done at job sites I wouldn't trust other footwear, and certainly not other fasteners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I exclusively wear slip on shoes or flip flops :colbert: