Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Got most of these riddles myself, but 2, 6 and the bonus one stumped me.

For 2 I was stuck on quick/fast for the first clue and apple for the third, with no idea on the second. For 6 I got row and even considered lynx, but I don't like tones for the third clue and would never have got it.

Zaroff posted:

It took a bit of help at the end, but I think the riddle is Doctor Hook and the Medicine Show
I got "and the medicine show" without knowing that was even the name of a band, but couldn't get the first half. I should have got dock but I don't like "tore" for "ripped"; it works, but I don't like it. Same with "hook". Even after hearing the answer I had to go back and work through it and grudgingly admit it isn't technically unfair or unreasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

SallieKat7 posted:

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress still ranks as one of my all-time favorites. And yeah, he went into a Weird/Dirty Old Man phase in his later writings.

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress posted:

Lajoie shivered. “At her age? It scares me to think of it. She’s below the age of consent. Statutory rape.”

“Oh, bloody! No such thing. Women her age are married or ought to be. Stu, is no rape in Luna. None. Men won’t permit. If rape had been involved, they wouldn’t have bothered to find a judge and all men in earshot would have scrambled to help. But chance that a girl that big is virgin is negligible. When they’re little, their mothers watch over them, with help from everybody in city; children are safe here. But when they reach husband-high, is no holding them and mothers quit trying. If they choose to run corndors and have fun, can’t stop ‘em; once a girl is nubile, she’s her own boss.
The girl in question is 14.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

It's a stretch but I think "Is this Rare Yuban for Allah Malyv?" = "Is this where you've been for all of my life?"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

We also have another blackboard full of clues to solve and I really show my lack of knowledge of the horror genre.
To those riddles, I say "gently caress off". Garbage. Awful. I was disappointed in myself that I hadn't managed to solve a single one - until I found out what the answers actually were. The previous ones were decent, these ones suck poo poo.