Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.
I just recently finished a reread of the series (the parts I have, at least, still looking out for the last two Callahan books and the two Lady Sallys), but I've never had the chance to play this. Consider me intrigued.

As a note, Jake's 20 bucks bought him a fair few drinks, every drink at Callahan's costs 50 cents, with a 50 cent deposit on the glass. As Jake alluded to, it's generally expected that you smash your glass in the fireplace instead of collecting the deposit. Callahan gets a very good bulk rate on glassware.

Also of note, if you assume Callahan stories take place in their year of publication (I usually go with the publication dates of the novels, some demand that they're set in the time they were originally published in Anthem, and others say there is no set time), that places this game sometime post 1981 (the publication of Time Travelers Strictly Cash, which introduced Josie Bauer, time cop), but before 1986 (Callahan's Secret, the first story therein being about Callahan replacing the ladder to the roof with a spiral staircase after one of the regulars fell off and broke his ankle). I'm sure the writers weren't trying to set this at a specific point, but I'll be looking out for details like those anyway.

Truthkeeper fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Nov 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU