Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SallieKat7
Apr 26, 2017

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I was a big fan of Heinlein's books when I was younger and some of his books I hold in high regard even today. As I got older and started to read his later books, the whole old man and very young woman relationship trope kept cropping up more and more and I ended up stepping away from his work. The books that I read were in my dad's book collection. I do own a copy of Stranger In A Strange Land but I've been wanting to re-read some of his stories for a while now, Starman Jones has been in my thoughts lately.

Seconding most of this - Heinlein's early stories and juveniles are pretty solid, and I have a soft spot for Podkayne of Mars even if that one didn't hit nearly as well in adulthood. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress still ranks as one of my all-time favorites. And yeah, he went into a Weird/Dirty Old Man phase in his later writings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU