Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th3NkTIDPQc That's not what I had in mind based on the title, very disappointing. Youtube did suggest the video to me, so I guess I'm a furry? Youtube must know something I don't right? Should I be buying a fursuit? Oh gently caress I could get that buff Sonic avatar I use to have. Chili dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Yup

110723_8
Nov 8, 2023
don't worry, the revolution guard is days away from seizing the entire textile industry

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Can someone please summarize OP’s video for me? I’m doing really good on No Nut so far.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Can someone please summarize OP’s video for me? I’m doing really good on No Nut so far.

Furries are adding inflation fetish to their repertoire

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

Furries are adding inflation fetish to their repertoire

lol...

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

“Inflate this!”I shriek at god, gesturing to my shrivelled, useless penis

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

A person in a boar costume talks about the increase in prices of fursuits. It's not that interesting to be honest and is pretty much "inflation and demand is a thing".

edit: oh and quality. Which is nice to see in a world where everything seems to be in a race to the bottom.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 9, 2023

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

an increasing number of furries have the money to jump the line for the best fursuit makers. tbh i think it's also just that there are more people who can make really good fursuits now than ever before. you can still get good fursuits for less money but you'll probably have to wait a bit, hth.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

an alien mothership is locking onto earth with its planet destroying gamma beam laser. before the mothership can fire its laser a lone wolf hero pulls out a handgun, screams "not today motherfucker!", and shoots the alien mothership one time. the mothership is consumed by a blue explosion, and our hero triumphantly fist pumps.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

that might not be right though idk if i still have the replace every youtube video with 'not today motherfucker!' plugin going. sorry.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

A furry that looks like Pumbaa if he worked in a makeup testing lab bitches about inflated costs of buying fur suits

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i, too, am very upset about the price of boutique custom costumes for a niche market

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

i, too, am very upset about the price of boutique custom costumes for a niche market

If capitalism worked the way it's supposed to, they'd be hanging at Walmart on the cheap. The demand is there and so is the money.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

All of the furries I know love inflation, I don't know what you're talking about

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i book a trip to eastern europe and get a fursuit made locally for a tenth the cost. the suit plus the whole trip including flights and a week hotel stay is cheaper than paying US fursuit prices.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I've had a fursuit made in Singapore; finest silk fur I've ever unleashed my dong from.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This is my fur suit

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

fursuit stagflation

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase posted:

i book a trip to eastern europe and get a fursuit made locally for a tenth the cost. the suit plus the whole trip including flights and a week hotel stay is cheaper than paying US fursuit prices.

Fursuit tourism is a sign that the US fursuit system has broken down.

I blame Disney
Sep 30, 2016

They know what they did
I'm surprised china hasn't taken over the entire market when there's that much money to be made.

Is there a trade embargo on fursuits?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I know of a good Solution to all Furry-based problems, but I'm not allowed to mention it here.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

The other day I wondered what Doug Winger is up to. Then this thread made me go look.

Turns out he died in 2015. Our rotten and dying civilization has been denied its best last artistic pieces because Winger plus MAGA (either for or against) would've produced some real bangers for sure.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I blame Disney posted:

I'm surprised china hasn't taken over the entire market when there's that much money to be made.

Is there a trade embargo on fursuits?
From my google search it seems like it's just cheap ripoffs.

I also found this video with Violent J.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNSBIMLs96M

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

People talk about fursuits but no one ever talks about furshorts, furshirts or furpants

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

If I've earned anything from ICP it's that sometimes cheap fur suits are just scams and you gotta actually invest if you want to attend furry cons as a supportive dad trying to raise a healthy daughter.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
FOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAM

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

duzil costands

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This is one of those problems that just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
CSI furry episode was released almost exactly 20 years ago

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

high quality VR avatars are also bank right now
high skill work with extremely high demand, especially due to word of mouth meaning if you do good work you can build a portfolio and ride high on being The One people want.
it's like this for art too but fursuits and avatars is the endgame for that.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I just want to yiff and be yiffed

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I guess it would be hard to make one airtight without suffocating the occupant. Maybe you could hook up a compressor like a bounce house.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bespoke fursuit designer

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe
Fursuit inflation due to constant flatulation.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
On the other hand, maybe this whole thing's just been blown out of proportion.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
🅱️iden….

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If I were to wear a bigfoot suit, and prance around the forest, would that be a fursuit?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Pee Dawg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Just make your own for like $300, Op.