Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Good timing on this - just as I'm looking for a good investment opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Choosing a boar fursona is a contrarian rear end move. You know that choice is fully influenced by everyone else being a wolf or fox or whatever, you know, the hot animals

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Once balenciaga got into the fursuit game it was all over.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Op is afab:

Assigned Furry at Birth

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

BasicLich posted:

FOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAM

Personally, I think it's good that a random nerdy college kid had friends 15 years ago

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Just make your own for like $300, Op.

My mom has an old Husqvarna sewing machine but I'm totally not smart enough to use that thing. So many options.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
huh, I need to get back into making fursuits

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

bossy lady posted:

Once balenciaga got into the fursuit game it was all over.

Oh my god, call the AIs, we need this video fr

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Thankfully my fursona is Elmo so I just mugged a guy in Time Square.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i prefer fleece anyway

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

i prefer fleece anyway

How do furries gently caress without suffering a heat stroke?

edit: Wait inflating it with air would help!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 9, 2023

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
nerd investments gonna go from MTG cards to Fursuits.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Duck and Cover posted:

How do furries gently caress without suffering a heat stroke?

edit: Wait inflating it with air would help!

Liquid cooling

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Duck and Cover posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th3NkTIDPQc That's not what I had in mind based on the title, very disappointing. Youtube did suggest the video to me, so I guess I'm a furry? Youtube must know something I don't right? Should I be buying a fursuit? Oh gently caress I could get that buff Sonic avatar I use to have. Chili dog.

I dont buy fursuits but i do buy plushes(handmade ones of charaters i like for shelves and tops of tv) and other stupid commision poo poo. it honestly depends on details and artist and such and how big. i usually go small(10/13 inch tall or so) and thats usually 150+ depending on etc. I can only imagine NSFW poo poo is way more expensive. Fursuits are all that plus have to be fitted and poo poo. i am not shocked that its expensive as gently caress.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I dont buy fursuits but i do buy plushes(handmade ones of charaters i like for shelves and tops of tv) and other stupid commision poo poo. it honestly depends on details and artist and such and how big. i usually go small(10/13 inch tall or so) and thats usually 150+ depending on etc. I can only imagine NSFW poo poo is way more expensive. Fursuits are all that plus have to be fitted and poo poo. i am not shocked that its expensive as gently caress.

Terrible hopefully AI will bring a future of affordable fursuits.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Also, I'm all for a future where instead of people walking around with Gucci shoes and Prada purses to flex some weird wealth fetish, people are instead walking around in a fox outfit with the biggest ears or something.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Terrible problem, google "Fursuit Inflation" to learn more...

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

All this furry inflation but nobody talking about furry shrinkflation.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

There are a small handful of good makers from China and such, but it's only around a 50% discount from a higher end US based maker (the mass counterfeit makers are much cheaper but they look bad). I think there's probably room in the market for a China-based team making high quality $1000 wolf/dog heads with slight variations, but nobody's filled it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It's really lame going with wolf/dog when there's a whole bunch of animals. It's like playing as Ryu/Ken or picking human in an rpg. You could be a bright blue hedgehog who likes chili dogs and wears red shoes.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mr. Hands was all about Fursuit Stagflation

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Duck and Cover posted:

It's really lame going with wolf/dog when there's a whole bunch of animals. It's like playing as Ryu/Ken or picking human in an rpg. You could be a bright blue hedgehog who likes chili dogs and wears red shoes.

Oh for sure, but for a maker's standpoint if you wanna make a business, making one really good dog pattern and mixing up the colors on an assembly line hits such a big market.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lhet posted:

Oh for sure, but for a maker's standpoint if you wanna make a business, making one really good dog pattern and mixing up the colors on an assembly line hits such a big market.

Sure I understand that but those who pick the default don't deserve cheaper stuff.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
Kinda want to get into custom fursuit making. I'm good at making things and I bet I could revolutionize the industry with gadgets only dreamt of and pyrotechnics and poo poo. And a billion different gently caress variations

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lobotomy is probably a lot cheaper if you can find the right doctor.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
what if you go to a con and someone spills grapejuice on your 50k fursuit

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Mercury_Storm posted:

It wouldn't be the most embarassing stain on it.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
david byrne going to the dry cleaners to pick up his oversized fursuit

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Mercury_Storm posted:

You make them lick it clean, obviously.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Grey Cat posted:

All this furry inflation but nobody talking about furry shrinkflation.

Oh all the hard-hitting discourse on that issue can be found on Deviantart.

And by "discourse" I mean "hundreds of pages of Starfox stomping on buildings"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Honey, I shrunk the fursuit!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

ChickenHeart posted:

Oh all the hard-hitting discourse on that issue can be found on Deviantart.

And by "discourse" I mean "hundreds of pages of Starfox stomping on buildings"

I can't let you do that, Star Fucks.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

SRQ posted:

high quality VR avatars are also bank right now
high skill work with extremely high demand, especially due to word of mouth meaning if you do good work you can build a portfolio and ride high on being The One people want.
it's like this for art too but fursuits and avatars is the endgame for that.

Selling bespoke bulgy goku skins. Were in the endgame now.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Wait, so you're saying I can use a fursuit as an emergency flotation device now, too?

Maybe I will get the Brain from Animaniacs. That would be double-safe in an emergency.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Personally, I think it's good that a random nerdy college kid had friends 15 years ago

most people watching that didn't even know what the foam was for. she's probably an undercover cop now, that suit scrubs off so clean

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Duck and Cover posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th3NkTIDPQc That's not what I had in mind based on the title, very disappointing. Youtube did suggest the video to me, so I guess I'm a furry? Youtube must know something I don't right? Should I be buying a fursuit? Oh gently caress I could get that buff Sonic avatar I use to have. Chili dog.

you know, if forced at gunpoint to have sex with either suit in the OP.. i'd choose the right one.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
if they were all this quality, it would be a lot less silly overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VreqtltV6w

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i personally cant relate to being attracted to a person wearing a fursuit. if the person is someone i would otherwise find attractive id prefer they didnt wear the fursuit

just my opinion on this matter i thought id share

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

imo fursuits are obsolete now that you can be an animated dog man in vr with detailed face and body tracking instead of a creepy dead mascot face staring blankly into space

i still can't believe facebook wasted billions of dollars on a sterile crotchless metaverse instead of going after the weird internet subcultures with deep pockets, but at least they make good vrchat hardware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXf-nhtTdOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMGVy383fU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

r u ready to WALK posted:

imo fursuits are obsolete now that you can be an animated dog man in vr with detailed face and body tracking instead of a creepy dead mascot face staring blankly into space

i still can't believe facebook wasted billions of dollars on a sterile crotchless metaverse instead of going after the weird internet subcultures with deep pockets, but at least they make good vrchat hardware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXf-nhtTdOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMGVy383fU

This makes me extremely uncomfortable.

My furry story is that I used to live with a professional comic book artist who, like twice a year, would rent a table at furry conventions and sell commissions. She made enough in two weekends to cover rent for the year. Apparently she mostly sold "badges" which are like quick little character commissions that took her like 20 minutes and she charged like 80 bucks.

Anyway there's money to be made there for sure.