Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Another bad Santee checking in. Sorry my brain is goo and time looses all meaning. Mystery Santa from New Jersey didn't put their name on the package, but I scored two horror themed ornaments. Leatherface and a nice ceramic blood-spattered New Jersey!

Thanks mystery Santa!

Edit: I've angered the forums and can't post images :(
https://imgur.com/6Cw8oic

Comrade Quack fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
To my santa: please contact USPS, package has been stuck for 2.5 weeks

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Despite delays in post from Free Europe to Knife Crime Island my Santa packages arrived!

Heavy with Xmas cheer and bees!

A card from my Uncle/Aunt Goon

An awesome painting (of Barcelona?) - done by Santa?

A great loot display - delicious meat, treats, hot sauce and also...

Helpful holding crab!
Pooping Xmas Log! Tió de Nadal
A Caganer! The phantom shitter of the Nativity!

I'd heard about both of these and thought they were great. I will definitely be introducing my neice and nephew to these traditions!

Santa also gave me what every goon wants but is so often denied:

Dignity.

Also special thanks for the Avocado toy.

Pascal the three-legged kitty is pleased, but expresses this through a furious glare.

Thank you so much Santa. Well worth the wait!

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Still no word from Santee about their gifts arriving.

I thought, based on a previous post, that you were my Santa. Guess it remains a mystery then.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I'm also still waiting for a got my gifts post

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Karma Comedian posted:

I'm also still waiting for a got my gifts post

I think my santee said they got their gifts but never posted them, oh well.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

So there I am, walking down to the mail room to get in my daily exercise for my surgery recovery, when for the first time I feel strong enough to actually go in through the door. No mail in my box, nor a key for the parcels, but what's this? There's a festive looking package just sitting on top of the community parcel locker. I wonder who it's for?

gently caress YOU, CANADA POST!!!

Inside is a cute little mug from the Chicago christmas market, a hilarious rail car for a wooden railway, and MALORTTTTTT. Neither my husband or I have had it so this should be interesting.

Emily Spinach, thank you so much!!! I am so sorry, I have no idea how long this box was sitting in that room, but it's here! Christmas is saved!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

ChickenDoodle posted:

gently caress YOU, CANADA POST!!!

How did Canada Post get one parcel from Canada to Australia in approx. two days, and another parcel from the US to Canada in three months?

e:

Sioux posted:

I thought, based on a previous post, that you were my Santa. Guess it remains a mystery then.

Just to spoil the mystery, it was I. I hope Skippy is settling in well to her new home on the other side of the planet!

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Tree Bucket posted:

How did Canada Post get one parcel from Canada to Australia in approx. two days, and another parcel from the US to Canada in three months?

I’ve been really weak from surgery, I actually haven’t been to the mail room myself for the last 3 weeks. Normally parcels will go in the locker for the building and you’ll get a key in your personal box, but we didn’t. Sometimes if the lockers are full (like Christmas) they’ll just leave stuff on top of the parcel locker. Husband didn’t know that cause it’s usually me that gets mail so he didn’t know to look and I didn’t think of it.

What pisses me off about that is even if the mailroom is behind a fob, anyone in the building could then just nick it cause it’s not locked behind a key. I’m glad I looked up!

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Yesss. I don't know why the shipping couldn't update but I'm glad everything made it there at some point! And the malort made it through customs! Enjooooy~~!

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Tree Bucket posted:

Just to spoil the mystery, it was I. I hope Skippy is settling in well to her new home on the other side of the planet!

Skippy has been to school a couple of times already and is sleeping in her bed every night.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'm suuuuuuuuper late to the party, and though I thanked them on the SASS site, I never actually posted my SASSmas swag and publicly thanked my lovely Santa cowslips warren!

I got an AZ magnet (my second one from a Santa!), cats on toilets, a bunch of fun stickers, and a Kanegon figure (I collect/post in the sofubi thread). He's currently on my desk with all my other little guys, brightening my daily drudgery.

Thanks again CW!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
I love seeing everyone post their gifts! Lots of talented, crafty goons too!

This year was extra fun with the spooky secret Santa messages to decode too! Thank you to Droogie for creating those and to IMJack for sharing - I had an absolute blast coming home from work and helping with those!

Siuox - I made the recipes you gave me and I wanted share the results:

This is the orzo bowl with chicken. I went vegan as my new years resolution, so I ended up using store-bought vegan "chicken" patties and now that I've made it I think I would stick closer to the original recipe and make a homemade vegan "chicken" from seitan and buy some kebab spices. I didn't have kabab spices on hand, and I think that sounds better. So I'm definitely going to make this again, but closer to the original recipe. The orzo with onion, and veggies with mint yogurt dressing is so delicious!

This is the mousse de maricuja. Special thank you to your wife for having amazing dessert recipes to share. I kept the mousse in the fridge over night and put the passion fruit syrup on top right before serving, but you can't see it because it fell to the bottom immediately, which makes me wonder if I was so supposed to get the mouse thicker somehow. ??? The flavor is AMAZING! I had not had passion fruit before and this was so special, thank you! This is something I will make again soon. I served in in wine glasses for fanciness:

Also, SANTA look at my bean!!!

It's over 1 foot tall now. :3:

Good Sassmasing everyone! Thank you for making the holidays special. :love:

edit 1: I'm trying to get imugr to work. Does anyone know what changed between Imugr and SA? What am I doing wrong?

edit 2: Has anyone *not* gotten their present yet? Tiaz, did you start a re-sass?

Mod edit: fixed tags KC

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 25, 2024

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Your image tags are incomplete, you need to close off the [timg] with another square bracket, and change the first set to reflect the right format, i.e [img]Imgur Link[/img] :)

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Women like you are the reason this chickens late in the first place.
OMG stuff arrived! Sorry been out for a couple of days so slow posting this, but santa is AWESOME.

All the way from Chile! It is a minor miracle I can receive things from people I don't know in South America in the UK. Feels so good!

Yes Santa it is the little baby Jesus birthday. Good job!

The spice is quite spicey so be careful! Good honest advice.

A sweet bookmark and some plaques! I'm going to probably stick these on my car tool chest to confuse people!

A guide to local birds (I love these things)

Look at this suave motherfucker

A really cute knife, it's really chunky and feels nice in the hand. The handle is nicely marbled too!

The spicey spice. Haven't cooked with this yet will do some research. It is a smoked chilli pepper, definately going in some slow cooked stews. Might get some steak from the butchers and do something fancy!

A really nice interlinked metal bracelet, this has become my new thing to play with when I am coding. Spin it round with my right hand when I'm thinking.

The best for last, some awesome handmade stickers of my dog looking dapper. My daughter geuinely believes this is my dog dressed up in my clothes. My super long term plan with these is try and hide one of these in every piece of theme park scenic I work on so they get slowly distributed throughout the world. Sorry for the odd camera angle only way not to catch my ceiling lights.

Santa I would love the original hi-res image of this!!!

Thanks Santa, you didn't reveal who you were, but awesome work, I salut you! An excellent start to the year.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Grey Cat posted:

I think my santee said they got their gifts but never posted them, oh well.

Sorry Santa Grey Cat! This holiday season was a rough one and I’m still going through it. We loved everything you sent and it all was immediately put out. (I also had to figure out how to post images again, lol)

First up an official game puck! This now lives in my office and will help remind me that cold exists in the world in June when it’s 110 here. I keep meaning to catch a live hockey game, it sounds like a great experience.

Next up is this incredible dimensional Mesa Verde art. It’s was fun to put together and another awesome thing related to my bucket list! It lives next to the patron saint of the house.

An entry into my growing collection of various honeys. It’s super good! Not pictured are the HANDMADE chocolate truffles that my husband promptly stole and ate.

And last but not least is a completely faithful portrait of our very angry Charlie the Chinchilla. It is going to go up with our winter time holiday card display for the rest of forever. You really captured her attitude.

Thank you so much, we loved it all!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Zoesdare posted:

Sorry Santa Grey Cat! This holiday season was a rough one and I’m still going through it. We loved everything you sent and it all was immediately put out. (I also had to figure out how to post images again, lol)

First up an official game puck! This now lives in my office and will help remind me that cold exists in the world in June when it’s 110 here. I keep meaning to catch a live hockey game, it sounds like a great experience.

Next up is this incredible dimensional Mesa Verde art. It’s was fun to put together and another awesome thing related to my bucket list! It lives next to the patron saint of the house.

An entry into my growing collection of various honeys. It’s super good! Not pictured are the HANDMADE chocolate truffles that my husband promptly stole and ate.

And last but not least is a completely faithful portrait of our very angry Charlie the Chinchilla. It is going to go up with our winter time holiday card display for the rest of forever. You really captured her attitude.

Thank you so much, we loved it all!

I'm glad you liked it! And I'm even more glad that honey didn't break on the way there I was super worried about that. I think I saw earlier in the thread someone's honey broke in transit and this did not assuage my fears.

Also glad to hear the chocolate was edible! I thought it might dry out in transit but it being devoured is always a good sign.

I was told angry chinchilla so angry it needed be! Hope you all had a nice holiday.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"

Captain Muffin posted:

OMG stuff arrived! Sorry been out for a couple of days so slow posting this, but santa is AWESOME.

All the way from Chile! It is a minor miracle I can receive things from people I don't know in South America in the UK. Feels so good!

Yes Santa it is the little baby Jesus birthday. Good job!

The spice is quite spicey so be careful! Good honest advice.

Hell Yeah. It's actually a miracle my gift arrived before the thread closes for once.

Captain Muffin posted:

A sweet bookmark and some plaques! I'm going to probably stick these on my car tool chest to confuse people!

Those are coasters btw, all of the copper cuz that's what we do.

Captain Muffin posted:

A guide to local birds (I love these things)

Look at this suave motherfucker

Guess I made the right choice picking sea birds, those are new and its a collection of several guides of different species (second choice was bats. no bees sadly)

Captain Muffin posted:

A really cute knife, it's really chunky and feels nice in the hand. The handle is nicely marbled too!

That was my first time making micarta for the handle, so I'm glad you liked the effect.

Captain Muffin posted:

The spicey spice. Haven't cooked with this yet will do some research. It is a smoked chilli pepper, definately going in some slow cooked stews. Might get some steak from the butchers and do something fancy!

A good thing to use it on is seafood soup. A shellfish mix, some wedged potatoes and onion.

Captain Muffin posted:

A really nice interlinked metal bracelet, this has become my new thing to play with when I am coding. Spin it round with my right hand when I'm thinking.

We have almost the same wrist size.

Captain Muffin posted:

The best for last, some awesome handmade stickers of my dog looking dapper. My daughter geuinely believes this is my dog dressed up in my clothes. My super long term plan with these is try and hide one of these in every piece of theme park scenic I work on so they get slowly distributed throughout the world. Sorry for the odd camera angle only way not to catch my ceiling lights.

Santa I would love the original hi-res image of this!!!

Ok all of that sounds awesome, your daughter sounds adorable and that's a great plan, also here you go https://imgur.com/a/k2eT8ht
I'm so happy you like it santee and I hope you have a great year.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
Also santa I've been tracking your present and it's currently stuck in customs, it may take a bit but it'll be here, sorry to keep you waiting.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Palette swap posted:

Also santa I've been tracking your present and it's currently stuck in customs, it may take a bit but it'll be here, sorry to keep you waiting.

I watch a lot of those "Catching a Smuggler" shows about customs agents. I live in hope of one day seeing an episode where they open a suspicious package to find it's ... full of bees?!

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
I heard from Santee that they got their gifts, which is good. They are just too busy to post. When's the thread being closed? I can no longer log in to the SASS site and I'm assuming that's not a problem my end.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I'm still waiting to hear from my Santee as well :ohdearsass:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Same :smith:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Well if you all are having Santee problems feel free to all send me some presents.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

If you got Santee problems I feel bad for you son

I got 99 problems but a gift ain't one

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Scudworth posted:

Hey, sorry to spoil it but i was your santa! I didnt realize USPS STILL had your package, ill go in today and see if they can explain why theres been no updates for a month.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

nothing valued is here

Scudworth posted:

RepeatingMeme posted:

Hey, sorry to spoil it but i was your santa! I didnt realize USPS STILL had your package, ill go in today and see if they can explain why theres been no updates for a month.

Update: The person at the post office thinks it was lost, I'm going to file a claim but in the meantime I'm going to start putting together a new package to send your way. Sorry for not checking on this sooner, hoping this time around it'll actually get further than California

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Watch it show up five months late wrapped in layers of tape

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

RepeatingMeme posted:

Update: The person at the post office thinks it was lost, I'm going to file a claim but in the meantime I'm going to start putting together a new package to send your way. Sorry for not checking on this sooner, hoping this time around it'll actually get further than California

Wow thank you so much for checking with them! :gbsmith:

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Bollock Monkey posted:

I heard from Santee that they got their gifts, which is good. They are just too busy to post. When's the thread being closed? I can no longer log in to the SASS site and I'm assuming that's not a problem my end.

I don't mind keeping the thread going!

Some past years have kept the thread open through February...I think back in the 2015-2016's? Anyway, its been done before.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Santa vortmax continues to be the best Santa!

First, I received a New Year Ham

Then, a card letting me know BEES had been donated to Heifer International in my name!

And finally, a letter with an amazingly ominous poem

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

RepeatingMeme posted:

Hey!! It arrived!! The box is all hosed up and it took 7 weeks but it's here.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

nothing valued is here

Scudworth posted:

Amazing! I hope everything made it there intact!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Scudworth posted:

That's really cool that it has finally arrived! A Sassmas miracle! :neckbeard:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It's probably been routed to the north pole and back once or twice

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Friends, USPS and Canada Post tag-team lost my package from RepeatingMeme from Dec 21st until last night, and what a loss it would have been.
What bounty was inside!

The box was hosed up upon arrival and had tape on it but that gold box getting crunched seems to be the only damage.
The gold box contained wonderful chocolate treats.
The rest of the gifts were thoughtful and so many of them!

Looks like someone went to a zine faire? I love it all! There's art and stickers and a music CD and a stand up comedy CD and tea and a bigfoot patch and a punk patch of a tooth and mints and and and...

this one matches my hair

I can't thank you enough RM, i am overwhelmed by your generosity, it was worth the wait.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Tis a true SASSmas miracle! Praise be to Dread Tiaz

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Lol, the Pacific Northwest sticker of a enormous slug represents most of my Aunt's description of Washington state.

I'm relieved the stuff inside wasn't smushed despite the box getting dented.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
I'm sorry for being a bad Santee, my Santa was great and I got my stuff before Christmas and I took pictures when I opened them, it just all of a sudden became February. Santa, thank you so much!

Iymarra, I'm glad you liked your stuff! Godspeed with the Skyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

There appears to be a skeleton living in your Christmas tree, better get that checked.

Still no word from my Santee despite the tracking showing that their parcel was signed for all the way back in early January.