Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/TrevonDiggs/status/1724285469855260693?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Kollmann's live reaction to the ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrGSDE_70xI&t=13225s

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

The couple of seconds before this make it even better

Peyton saying "he missed it" and immediately putting his head down, likely overcome with Vanderjagt PTSD

Then Eli being the one to say there's a flag, and Peyton slowly pokes his head back up like he's a groundhog

Brett Kollmann had a great live reaction too on his YT channel

Edit: lol just saw the post above mine, yay

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

Is it meaningless? Absolutely. Am I going to smugly post it? Absolutely.

https://twitter.com/RussellStReport/status/1724248988306608283?s=20

And Seattle is cheating. The stadium acoustics make everything insanely loud. I got tinnitus from the speakers playing music during commercials.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
That was 6 games this week that ended with walk off field goals, right? Wild.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

yes bail on your team when things are going bad, now that's a championship attitude baby

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Is it worse not to make the playoffs or make it and lose in the first round like the Cowboys

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

AndrewP posted:

yes bail on your team when things are going bad, now that's a championship attitude baby

Trevon Diggs is not Stefon Diggs.

Can’t blame a man for wanting what’s best for his brother.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

pasaluki posted:

Is it worse not to make the playoffs or make it and lose in the first round like the Cowboys

100% the latter

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

solarjetman posted:

Kollmann's live reaction to the ending

The Football Funhouse > Flag?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

pasaluki posted:

The former

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

viewing it in hindsight is cheating. you would pick being one of the 3 or so worst teams to make the playoffs and hoping for the best every time but yeah you'd pick not taking a game winning shot instead of missing it. it's a choice between things that can never be chosen between. oh you knew that? you meant to pose an interesting thought and possibly have discussion about it? well. i'm too dumb for that

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

sure playoff berths matter but i think people are answering things from a fan perspective. for example, i would never want to be in the playoffs because i don't want to become paraplegic

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

pasaluki posted:

Better to be one and done then be a bitch rear end loser who couldn't even make the playoffs.

stuker posted:

sure playoff berths matter but i think people are answering things from a fan perspective. for example, i would never want to be in the playoffs because i don't want to become a parapelegic

:mediocre:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

pasaluki posted:

Depends on how long your team's playoff drought has been. Like at this point I'm sure Cowboys fans would rather not make the playoffs than exit in the first round yet again, but Jets fans would be thrilled to have made it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AndrewP posted:

Staley probably

firing your HC during the QBs rookie year seems bad

It would if the offensive side of the ball wasn't so horrid with a QB whisperer and his handpicked staff of offensive savants. Reportedly Reich has had more input on personnel than Rhule ever had and every move he's made has been a mis-step compared to what the expectations were.

The defense has had injuries basically at every level to key starters and Evero has had us in every single game, our only touchdown this week was special teams. tbh I dunno who comes first, santa or me when we fire him.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

And Seattle is cheating. The stadium acoustics make everything insanely loud. I got tinnitus from the speakers playing music during commercials.

I earnestly thought this during the 2005-06 playoffs.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Did anyone NOT see this coming. Be honest.

Docjowles posted:

Bills are getting dangerously close to the fraud line, they opened as top Super Bowl contenders and are now at the point where tonight’s game could be quite funny. I mean Jesus Christ they lost to Zach Wilson who wasn’t even supposed to be playing

One man held the line, steadfast in his belief

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think the Broncos will beat the Bills today.

er

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Do you believe this? Do you rly?

well nevertheless

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm struggling to say yes but I can't. I just can't.

Let this be a lesson in faith

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i am LMAOing at the Buffalo Bills

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kirios posted:

Lmfao Bills.

How do you lose that game? How?!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I like how 12 men on the field is one of those penalties where the refs will just let the play run, knowing(?) that it's going to get called back. Why don't they just blow the play dead like a false start?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
A 12 man on the field penalty could happen just before a player can step off the field so there's always a benefit of a doubt before throwing the :flag:.

Terrel Bernard just doing jumping jacks in the back there makes it all the more :ughh:.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

I doubt Reich or McDermott will

What the record for having head coaches you pay to not coach?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

C-Euro posted:

I like how 12 men on the field is one of those penalties where the refs will just let the play run, knowing(?) that it's going to get called back. Why don't they just blow the play dead like a false start?

Because the offense gets to decide whether or not they keep the results. Which is extra hilarious when the offense gets a TD or something despite the defense having an extra dude.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Some absurd EPA splits in Broncos-Bills.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Athletic posted:

Baltimore didn’t trail Sunday until Dustin Hopkins’ 40-yard field goal sailed through the uprights with no time on the clock. Through 10 games, the Ravens have trailed for just 28 minutes, 48 seconds. Yet, they are 7-3. According to NFL Research, the only two teams over the past 40 years to trail for less amount of time through 10 games were the 1984 Miami Dolphins and 1998 Denver Broncos. Both were 10-0 at this point.

yikes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

too many men on the field is a post-snap infraction and thus a play is recorded and teams can choose to accept or decline the penalty. you can have 17 men on the field for subs or no reason at all but it needs to be 11 on 11 at the snap. it doesn't make sense for it to be a pre-snap penalty and it doesn't make sense for a pre-snap penalty to allow a play to happen after it.

false start: guy ruined everything and made others start before teh snap. no play
encroachment: guy ruined everything and made others start before the snap. no play
illegal formation: when the play started, players were lined up in a way they're not allowed to be. there is no problem until the play starts. play happened
too many men: when the play started, there was too many guys. there is no problem until the play starts. play happened

etc. it's not arbitrary. i never went t osleep so i have to go sleep

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 14, 2023

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

"You just lose games like this" according to Dunce.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
ohhh my god why did i fall asleep at the end of the 1st quarter last night gently caress

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

20 Blunts posted:

ohhh my god why did i fall asleep at the end of the 1st quarter last night gently caress

Should have only smoked 19 blunts

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Cavauro posted:

too many men on the field is a post-snap infraction and thus a play is recorded and teams can choose to accept or decline the penalty. you can have 17 men on the field for subs or no reason at all but it needs to be 11 on 11 at the snap. it doesn't make sense for it to be a pre-snap penalty and it doesn't make sense for a pre-snap penalty to allow a play to happen after it. offside is again a penalty at the snap because that's when you are offside. so the play gets recorded because the penalty happens during the play. before the snap you can run around in the backfield as a defender as long as it doesn't cause a false start (encroachment) and you get back across the line before the start of the play

This is the most normal post I've ever seen you make, and I appreciate the explanation :hfive:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thoguht that poo poo was confusing and tried to fix it and made it a lot less normal. have to go to sleep

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Cavauro posted:

too many men on the field is a post-snap infraction and thus a play is recorded and teams can choose to accept or decline the penalty. you can have 17 men on the field for subs or no reason at all but it needs to be 11 on 11 at the snap. it doesn't make sense for it to be a pre-snap penalty and it doesn't make sense for a pre-snap penalty to allow a play to happen after it.

false start: guy ruined everything and made others start before teh snap. no play
encroachment: guy ruined everything and made others start before the snap. no play
illegal formation: when the play started, players were lined up in a way they're not allowed to be. there is no problem until the play starts. play happened
too many men: when the play started, there was too many guys. there is no problem until the play starts. play happened

etc. it's not arbitrary. i never went t osleep so i have to go sleep

It's actually kinda surprising that nobody weaponized this during the NFL's BONECRUSHERS era. Send twelve men on first and ten after the touchback and see if you can buy yourself a backup QB matchup for five yards.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Really like all of NFL Analytics Twitter going in on the Bills still being a great team because their EPA/Play is still awesome and #3 in the league.

I'm sure that comforting to Bills fans.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

It's actually kinda surprising that nobody weaponized this during the NFL's BONECRUSHERS era. Send twelve men on first and ten after the touchback and see if you can buy yourself a backup QB matchup for five yards.

This reminds me that Buddy Ryan Eagles infamously had a play in their playbook called “Polish Goal Line” that involved having 14 players on the field:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Docjowles posted:

Did anyone NOT see this coming. Be honest.

One man held the line, steadfast in his belief

er

well nevertheless

Let this be a lesson in faith

Praise be Russell Wilson

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fartknocker posted:

This reminds me that Buddy Ryan Eagles infamously had a play in their playbook called “Polish Goal Line” that involved having 14 players on the field:

Buddy was a treasure

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fartknocker posted:

Yeah I think they changed that not too long ago though. Like now they either call it before the snap or they will reset the clock.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/_mlfootball/status/1724276057564487822?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chuckled heartily at this simple, well used meme

https://twitter.com/WyattB_FF/status/1724259827029782587?s=20