Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the guy who ran the punt back was on the bears last year and lost them a game against the vikings when justin fields threw him an absolutely perfect dime when they were driving for the winning score and he just gave it to the defensive player like he was serving him an hors d'ouvres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fara5f6N_LI

e: oh poo poo, Piniero was a failed Matt Nagy Kicker Derangment Bears Kicker! Man, these lovely players all seem to pool in the same teams.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

RumbleFish posted:

This is one of the worst rosters, top to bottom, in the NFL. Bryce is playing very poorly right now, but Patrick Mahomes wouldn't be lighting up the scoreboard here.

Mahomes is still winning games with a high variance Kecle and no one else and defenses respect him. Young is out there throwing bad passes to JAGs the dude looks 5'6" and 180" at best. I just dont see any promise there with or without good support

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

That game was abysmal and everyone involved in it should feel a deep sense of personal shame

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Remember how the Panthers tried to trade away a future first, the one that became Cam, to draft Jimmy Clausen? Lol that would have sucked.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Freaquency posted:

That game was abysmal and everyone involved in it should feel a deep sense of personal shame

I missed it. Should I feel shame? Why should I be free from suffering?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I want to know why they haven't flexed any games yet.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Nervous posted:

I missed it. Should I feel shame? Why should I be free from suffering?

Consider yourself lucky but I will give the Bears and Panthers credit for trying to establish the Run. Except they would only get 1 or 2 yards per attempt and it was boring.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

I want to know why they haven't flexed any games yet.

We deserve this

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
What would be the worst possible game in terms of offense? Jets/Panthers? Or did we see the worst possible game tonight?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

trilljester posted:

What would be the worst possible game in terms of offense? Jets/Panthers? Or did we see the worst possible game tonight?

Jets Panthers I think would be exactly this bad.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

trilljester posted:

Jets-Steelers might get a combined 100 yards of offense from both teams lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

trilljester posted:

I'm so glad I turned this game off at halftime. Sounds like I missed nothing.

It was funny how unprepared herbstreit was for just how bad Bryce is.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
For those that missed last night's game, here are the "highlights."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfxxIv9sIj0
You could watch it in 2x speed to only waste 5 minutes of your time, or be a real :sickos: and watch it at 0.25x speed to completely disassociate yourself from reality.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Master Stur posted:

Mahomes is still winning games with a high variance Kecle and no one else and defenses respect him. Young is out there throwing bad passes to JAGs the dude looks 5'6" and 180" at best. I just dont see any promise there with or without good support

tbf the defense is winning those games, not Pat and Kelce. if you took Kelce away (or even when he just has an off game) that offense looks as bad as any Reid has ever coached, and I watched his offense with Matt McMahon 2005

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Andy Reid is so much better at scheming guys open than Frank Reich

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

tbf the defense is winning those games, not Pat and Kelce. if you took Kelce away (or even when he just has an off game) that offense looks as bad as any Reid has ever coached, and I watched his offense with Matt McMahon 2005

Losing Tyreek did quite a bit of damage to the offense

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mahomes wins games and had his second best season last year with no one but kelce. this year he's had unacceptably poor receivers and no continuity with them. he is the best qb there is but has thrown more picks than usual which happens to all goats 1 or 2 years. anywho, bryce needs help. understood

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Gatts posted:

Losing Tyreek did quite a bit of damage to the offense

I think they came out okay from that move. Looks like the year after trading Hill the Chiefs *checks notes* won the Superbowl with a dominant offense.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

oh sure, nobody said they can't be good without him.

but as a fan of an AFC competitor I love that they didn't extend him and continue the most terrifying QB/WR connection we've seen since 2007 Brady/Moss

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kinda weird that after the struggles Reid had in philly pre-TO, post TO and then pre-reek with receivers he had, the chiefs let him seek a trade. Paid off I guess, but had to be in the back of Reid's mind at some point how different life has been for him as a coach without a true 1.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

yeah no less than three players from that trade had significant plays in the super bowl win

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Let's actually look at how bad that Panthers trade was and put all the pieces together.

So first they Trade CMC in season last year:

49ERS RECEIVE:

Christian McCaffrey

PANTHERS RECEIVE:

2023 second-round pick, No. 61 overall
2023 third-round pick, No. 93 overall
2023 fourth-round pick, No. 132 overall
These two got packaged in a trade for a pick that became DJ Johnson
2024 fifth-round pick

Ok great. Then pre draft they trade for the number one overall pick:

PANTHERS RECEIVE:

Round 1, 2023: No. 1 -- QB Bryce Young

BEARS RECEIVE:

WR DJ Moore
Round 1, 2023: No. 9;
Round 2, 2023: No. 61 (from 49ers);
Round 1, 2024
Round 2, 2025

So all told they traded:

CMC
DJ Moore
2023 No 9 pick (this became Jalen Carter)
2024 top 3 pick (likely going to end up being Drake Maye or Caleb Williams)
2025 2nd round pick

and in return they got

Bryce Young
DJ Johnson (currently has 11 tackles and zero other stats)
2024 5th round pick

EDIT: Also they turned down 2 First round picks from the Rams for Brian Burns. Those picks would've been the Rams first rounder this year (a top 15 pick) and a first rounder next year. OR they could've traded Burns instead of DJ Moore in the package to the Bears. Brian Burns has not been extended btw so currently they turned down all those trades for a young guy they haven't actually committed to.

That might be the worst series of trades I've seen in modern NFL history. They gutted their roster of their best offensive weapons and replaced it with a tiny QB in a bad offense and a LB who doesn't pass rush or really play. Even on the money side, DJ Moore's on a really great WR contract since he signed before those all blew up so they didn't even drop a massive burdensome contract or anything.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 10, 2023

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Let's actually look at how bad that Panthers trade was and put all the pieces together.

So first they Trade CMC in season last year:

49ERS RECEIVE:

Christian McCaffrey

PANTHERS RECEIVE:

2023 second-round pick, No. 61 overall
2023 third-round pick, No. 93 overall
2023 fourth-round pick, No. 132 overall
These two got packaged in a trade for a pick that became DJ Johnson
2024 fifth-round pick

Ok great. Then pre draft they trade for the number one overall pick:

PANTHERS RECEIVE:

Round 1, 2023: No. 1 -- QB Bryce Young

BEARS RECEIVE:

WR DJ Moore
Round 1, 2023: No. 9;
Round 2, 2023: No. 61 (from 49ers);
Round 1, 2024
Round 2, 2025

So all told they traded:

CMC
DJ Moore
2023 No 9 pick (this became Jalen Carter)
2024 top 3 pick (likely going to end up being Drake Maye or Caleb Williams)
2025 2nd round pick

and in return they got

Bryce Young
DJ Johnson (currently has 11 tackles and zero other stats)
2024 5th round pick

Oooof

Don’t forget that they apparently passed on two firsts for Brian Burns and still haven’t extended him.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Don’t forget that they apparently passed on two firsts for Brian Burns and still haven’t extended him.

good call, lets add that in

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cmc trade wasn’t bad, and considering the picks were made by a different coach I’m not sure they count.

Cmc had a bad contract and Wilks wanted to turn the team into ground and pound with foreman. It nearly got them to the playoffs.

Turning down two future firsts is…..defensible, but looks hideous in retrospect. Yeah you could say they’d use the picks to trade for the first overall, but again they nearly made the playoffs with him and at the time of the 2022 deadline they hadn’t decided to sell the farm for a qb. Well maybe tepper had but Wilks probably hadn’t.

The real killer is including moore in the trade. Should have never been on the table, especially when the bears would have taken burns or brown. Idiocy.

I don’t think having moore matters that much on this team.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Cmc trade wasn’t bad, and considering the picks were made by a different coach I’m not sure they count.

Cmc had a bad contract and Wilks wanted to turn the team into ground and pound with foreman. It nearly got them to the playoffs.

Turning down two future firsts is…..defensible, but looks hideous in retrospect. Yeah you could say they’d use the picks to trade for the first overall, but again they nearly made the playoffs with him and at the time of the 2022 deadline they hadn’t decided to sell the farm for a qb. Well maybe tepper had but Wilks probably hadn’t.

The real killer is including moore in the trade. Should have never been on the table, especially when the bears would have taken burns or brown. Idiocy.

I don’t think having moore matters that much on this team.

I think Moore would absolutely make a difference, even just being able to evaluate Bryce more clearly.

Regardless all those moves were made by the same GM in like a 7mo span, so even if they were defensible in the moment that dude's whole job is to take a longer view on roster construction.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think Moore would absolutely make a difference, even just being able to evaluate Bryce more clearly.

Regardless all those moves were made by the same GM in like a 7mo span, so even if they were defensible in the moment that dude's whole job is to take a longer view on roster construction.

Long term when you don’t even know if you’re going to be on the team to use the picks in the 2024 draft? That’s a big ask.

I mean fitterer has to be gone after this season regardless, and the dj johnson selection is horrifying. I just think there’s more nuance to the Brian burns offer from the rams that you’re skipping over. Good thing we locked him up immediately after and- wait, hold on a minute.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 10, 2023

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

FizFashizzle posted:

It was funny how unprepared herbstreit was for just how bad Bryce is.

I lol'd about how he was saying he watched so many Alabama games and couldn't figure out why Bryce was not doing the same things he did in college.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Long term when you don’t even know if you’re going to be on the team to use the picks in the 2024 draft? That’s a big ask.

I mean fitterer has to be gone after this season regardless, and the dj johnson selection is horrifying. I just think there’s more nuance to the Brian burns offer from the rams that you’re skipping over. Good thing we locked him up immediately after and- wait, hold on a minute.

Dont forget we gave a 4 year 26 million dolalr deal to a running back who managed -5 yards last night.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Tyson of Bag-End

Nerd joke complete

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean if literally any of those moves didn't look horrible I'd be more willing to cut him some slack but the Burns one in particular is absurd to me. He also had a second chance to trade him for the Bryce pick and stuck with him while still not extending him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I mean if literally any of those moves didn't look horrible I'd be more willing to cut him some slack but the Burns one in particular is absurd to me. He also had a second chance to trade him for the Bryce pick and stuck with him while still not extending him.

Realistically I don't know how you look at a list of

-Brian Burns
-DJ Moore
-Derrick Brown

and think. We're drafting a QB - better trade the number one.

The answer has to be Derrick Brown right? Don't get me wrong. Derrick Brown has been a good defensive tackle. A number of times last night he stood a guard up, threw him to the side like a 150 pounder and drilled the running back or forced him into a linebacker and did his job, but he got mentioned for about 15 seconds on the broadcast last night. I know the coveted notice of the commentators isn't exactly a gauge for a good player, but the guys not a household name, he's not Aaron Donald or something where he's a game changing presence. He's a good solid, defensive tackle but if you're a GM looking through the list of "what kind of player here can I replace in the aggregate" or at least replace 50% of their contribution with a late rounder or mid range FA signing - I can't imagine wide receiver or your crown jewel edge rusher is on that list compared to a guy who'll likely have a ten year career with 3 teams and quietly retire where a bunch of NFL fans would be like "who? Oh yeah that guy, wait - he was a first round pick? I didn't realise he played on X team".

I still can't fathom the reasoning.

I try quite hard sometimes to consider someone elses point of view and I keep coming back to this. It's known that they wanted Burns, Brown or Moore. Moore was locked up on a reasonable contract - poo poo if he was in Kansas City he'd be an All Pro, Burns was in a position to sign an extension once the cap eased (which hasn't happened now because what idiot would re-sign in Carolina right now). But Brown you keep? You can sign one of the space eating DT's who bounce around the league and tell him to just run into the center every play and replace at least a good chunk of what he does. Instead you keep him over what every young QB wants and teams around the league are trading first rounders for pretty consistently?

It's just loving dumb. Like negligent dumb.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That is actually sickening. But like, you could wash all of it away if they get the QB right. Sooooo better hope Young turns into Drew Brees soonish

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Amazing that Pats loss can be completely be laid at the feet of MacCorkle Jones.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/ringernfl/status/1723748748247912739?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 12, 2023

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/VghAdhn.mp4

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
So almost the entire first quarter was two long drives that both led to points. And then the entire second quarter was short failed drives, mostly 3-and-outs, with the only attempt at scoring being a missed 57-yarder essentially as the clock expired. But then the second half was pure chaos. About right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Surely this mac Jones pick wasnt THAT ba-

https://x.com/savagesports_/status/1723748132851212567?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 12, 2023

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Hey everyone, get ready for the Bailey Zappe-Crazy Tommy DeVito game for the ages in 2 weeks!

https://twitter.com/506sports/status/1723752344452476947

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Haha this pick essentially killed Jones' career. Backup job is the best he can hope for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

I tuned in right after this (west coast, I’ll wake up early for chiefs/dolphins and as much as I love clownball, not getting up at 6am for this filth) and lol