Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

flubber nuts posted:

i wish i had hours to spend looking at peanuts at the grocery. sounds like a relaxing afternoon tbh.
you do. neglect whatever you currently think is important and drool at the peanuts. whatever notions you had of a prior life will melt away, like peanut butter softening on hot toast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Les Os posted:

I was at the grocery store the other day and I spent a couple hours looking at the peanuts. Everyone knows peanuts butter is just peanuts and butter but what’s all this other poo poo? why is there sugar in my peanut butter? what is peanut butter spread? if it’s peanut butter you can spread it. is it peanut butter? yes. can you spread it? no we just leave it as a big lump on a bread of your choice

I loooooove peanut butter. Smooth. Crunchy. And smunchy (between the two). On bread, on crackers, in a bun, and often straight from the jar.

Over here (Australia) you pay a buck or two more per jar for the good stuff, i.e. no sugar and no preservatives or other crap, just peanuts with a little salt. (There's salt-free available too.) No added oil, peanuts already contain oil.

The base level brands are way too sugary for my palate.

There's one health food store near me where you can make your own PB, by putting the supplied peanuts in a special grinder. Tasty but no huge improvement over the quality jarred stuff, IMO.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 15, 2023

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
my peanus butter horts

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Are you telling me a Pea nutted in this butter?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If your mom fed you skippy peanut butter she didn’t love you.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If your mom fed you skippy peanut butter she didn’t love you.
as I have been told by television since childhood, choosy moms choose jif

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaquynOta9Q

also who the heck buys peter pan

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Aishlinn posted:

also who the heck buys peter pan
the place I've seen it most often is food banks

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Peter Pan has the best crunchy pb out of those three. and nothing could be worse than skippy. I think they add clay to it. I haven't had much besides JIF, kroger, or bougie pb in recent memory though so ymmv. I'm not a big peanut butter eater.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

i buy whatever brand supplies the aldi brand peanut butter. i'm sure its either jif or skippy, but i honestly couldnt tell you which it is. but its so much less expensive for a gigantic jar that lasts me months. peanut butter and jelly on a hot waffle is amazing.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I ain't even gonna read the thread and just gonna pitch Teddie pb because I used to work a lovely job near their plant. Coming out of a crummy workday to the aroma of roasted peanuts was the best part of the day.

Also their PB is legit delicious, highly recommend

https://teddie.com/

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Les Os posted:

no we just leave it as a big lump
Roll peanut butter into a ball. Wrap in parchment paper. Place in freezer. Wait nineteen minutes. Eat it like an apple.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

peanut butter seems like the perfect vector to be jammed full of wacky poo poo in america. they love to take an item thats 1 ingredient and turn it into a jar of 20 chemicals

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I never tasted peanut butter until I was an adult. I like it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
peanut butter rules, the best ones are two ingredients ready here we go:

peanuts, a bit of salt

That's it. Gotta stir it before you eat it and heck, that's just fine by me

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

All peanut butter is made smooth. Crunchy bits are added after. At least the truth goes down easy when it's tasty.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Peanut butter and dill relish sandwiches are good as hell.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Pneub posted:

Peanut butter and dill relish sandwiches are good as hell.

people never believe me about peanut butter & pickles or a good peanut butter and banana sandwich

peanut butter and bacon on toast yes sir

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i only eat cashew butter. if you don't stir it every hour it turns into loving concrete instantly :smug:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Peanut butter on hamburger

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
My friend tried going vegan on a budget and all she ate was peanut butter and Taco Bell.
It didn't work.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nice obelisk idiot posted:

peanut butter eater.

We call ourselves butter nutters, thank you

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Chief McHeath posted:

people never believe me about peanut butter & pickles or a good peanut butter and banana sandwich

a friend of mine told me about a bet he lost. college buddy of his had a favorite sandwich, which is toasted white bread, with peanut butter, sliced red onion, and cracked black pepper. friend was like "ew!" and his buddy said "Try it. bet you 20 bucks its good." well god drat, my friend ended up owing 20$. i've never tried it myself but honestly i could see it being decent. the sinner's sandwich sounds odd but it's good as hell so who knows.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Chief McHeath posted:

I'll admit pickles is a hard sell, but it blows my mind when people say peanut butter and banana sounds gross.

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Does anybody remember those things Planters made in the 90s called "Gooberettes" or something? It was peanut butter formed into little peanut shapes and baked so they looked and tasted just like peanuts. I guess they weren't a success but I could just eat a whole jar of them in one sitting when I was a kid.

And don't forget Skippy Superchunk peanut butter, named after legendary NC rockers Superchunk and the only major sandwich spread named after a 90s alt rock artist after Mobynaise got discontinued a couple years back.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

They made Mr. Ed talk by smearing peanut butter on his gums. I wish I had a horse too because it sounds pretty easy to make it talk all things considered.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
This target brand peanut loving sucks. I'm going to try and call the phone number on the jar and see if the promise "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back" is real.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Oh yeah, I also take care of a stray dog that I call Peanut Butter because she's the exact color of the good stuff.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
what, black tar heroin?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Chief McHeath posted:

I was ridiculed in the egg thread for posting my peanut butter and egg sandwich. It’s good tho?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pneub posted:

I'll admit pickles is a hard sell, but it blows my mind when people say peanut butter and banana sounds gross.

It’s a good sandwich but imo needs crunchy PB otherwise the texture is just mush.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Peanut butter is an amazing cleaner. It leaves your hands soft and clean as hell.

Gum in your hair? Peanut butter. Pine pitch all over your hands? Peanut butter.

Some random substance that you can't get off? Peanut butter.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I’ll eat a pb mayo and american cheese sammich from time to time

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

These are the majority of my peanut butter experience. My kid also eats it right out of the jar the way it's meant to be done.

But I also have several jars of Reese's peanut butter because it's very good.

Whatever they put in peanut butter is fine as long as it lasts until the next time I want it and it's not chunky.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Chief McHeath posted:

Would someone who thought pickles or bananas were gross like it? I understand that combinations can be liked over individual ingredients, but I'd like to know if that would apply to these combinations too.

Das Boo posted:

My friend tried going vegan on a budget and all she ate was peanut butter and Taco Bell.
It didn't work.

How the gently caress? Taco shells with peanut butter smeared on the inside of them? :psyduck:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Das Boo posted:

It didn't work.

You’d get very fat very quick. Peanut butter is like, 8x as many calories as ice cream. It’s not fair :(

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

just had a peanut butter sammy on trader joes bluburry waffles. it was good.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

500excf type r posted:

Peanut butter is an amazing cleaner. It leaves your hands soft and clean as hell.

Gum in your hair? Peanut butter. Pine pitch all over your hands? Peanut butter.

Some random substance that you can't get off? Peanut butter.
You can use olive oil if you don't need high grit.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Aishlinn posted:

a friend of mine told me about a bet he lost. college buddy of his had a favorite sandwich, which is toasted white bread, with peanut butter, sliced red onion, and cracked black pepper. friend was like "ew!" and his buddy said "Try it. bet you 20 bucks its good." well god drat, my friend ended up owing 20$. i've never tried it myself but honestly i could see it being decent. the sinner's sandwich sounds odd but it's good as hell so who knows.

Huh, so someone made SpongeBob’s peanut onion sundae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gotta add mayo stripes for a balanced breakfast, smh