Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It's time to start your humidifiers, and suggest to me your favorite moisturizer.

Norwegian Formula Hand Cream - Powerful stuff but too greasy. Widely available.
Beeswax balms (the ones I've tried are pretty much the same)- Don't like the way they feel.
Jack black industrial strength hand healer- Not too shabby, leaves hands a smidge slippery smells like eucalyptus.
L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream - Pretty good, alright scent but maybe too stinky. Also pricey.

Update!
La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Hand Cream - this stuff is pretty rad it has like no scent. Not just unscented but no scent. Absorbs nicely maybe not as strong as I wanted but I think it's the winner so far. Maybe I'll try La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Balm B5 which seems like a heavier option. Edit: On further use it does have a scent not one you'll be noticing unless you put your hand close to your nose.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Do you need tissue recommendations to go with that?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pepper cannon

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Do you need tissue recommendations to go with that?

My nose is fine so no.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 15, 2023

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
At farm school I had a teacher who adamantly claimed that cow poo poo was the best hand mousturizer. Personally I use Nivea, the blue one.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Just fill a bathtub up with yogurt like the rest of us ........ gee z

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I barely know 'er!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i dont believe in moisturizers

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Just plain old Cerave for me. It's not fancy but it works.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I get dry af in the winter too OP.

I like the combo of Burts Bees cuticle oil and the hand cream with the cow on it. Absorbs pretty quick and doesn't make me feel too greasy.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

O’Keeffe’s.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Szyznyk posted:

O’Keeffe’s.

:hai:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I dunno, Lubriderm maybe?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

FaceSemen is an artificially formulated fluid to apply on the face to cleanse or promote attractiveness of skin. It's an innovative rejuvenating fluid that contains skin-loving molecules similar to some of those found in seminal fluid. These molecules, however, are not sourced from seminal fluid.

In seminal fluid, citric acid (citrate), ions, saccharides and proteins are the most essential and abundant molecules. These molecules have been proven to boost skin's appearance. These molecules form the Seminal Core at the heart of the FaceSemen formula. On top of that, FaceSemen is further enhanced with bioactive ingredients that benefit skin. These ingredients form the Bioactive Core of the formula. Check out Brightum or Dermsome Technology.

Each unique FaceSemen is created to harness its own skin benefit. For example, FaceSemen can be formulated to control pigmentation, enhance skin radiance or improve skin barrier function. Currently, two unique FaceSemen formulas have been created. Both are formulated as skin – boosting serums to promote healthy skin aging.

The scientific mission to reveal the composition of seminal fluid began in the 16th century. We now know that semen is a unique fluid that not only carries sperms, but also many essences. Citric acid (citrate), Ions (Ca, Cl, K, Mg, Na, Zn), saccharides (carbohydrates) and proteins are the most essential and abundant molecules of seminal fluid.

FaceSemen is simply a skincare formula inspired by the studies of the science of seminal fluid. Citric acid (Citrate), Ions, saccharides (carbohydrates), and proteins are the most essential and abundant molecules of seminal fluid. They are also vital components of FaceSemen. FaceSemen contains additional skin-boosting ingredients that don't exist in seminal fluid.

FaceSemen was created through extensive research with you in mind. By blending skin-loving molecules similar to some of those found in seminal fluid, and additional skin-boosting ingredients, the one-of-a-kind FaceSemen formulas rejuvenate skin with the nourishment that leaves skin fresh and fabulous.

What constitutes seminal fluid is yet to be elucidated. Scientific mission to reveal composition of semen continues. Hence, FaceSemen is continuously enhanced.

More age-defying molecules will be added to the SEMINAL CORE, according to our increased understanding of their rejuvenating effects. Continuous R&D will lead to the discovery of better bioactive compounds to boost the youth miracle of FaceSemen formulas.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I'm addicted to chapstick

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Kiehls or nothing.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I use oil of olay with sunscreen, and have for years. For some reason it just works for me.

Also we're gonna ignore the semen post? Mkay.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

Szyznyk posted:

O’Keeffe’s.

It’s this one. Also really good at preventing split skin on the end of fingers. It even comes in a regular bottle now, instead of that little round tub like old school turtle wax.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

DicktheCat posted:

Also we're gonna ignore the semen post? Mkay.

I mean we were until you called attention to it again. Analogues of dubious fluids being used in cosmetics is a step up from the fluids themselves (such as castoreum, for example... :canada:) being in the stuff as was done historically, if you think about it.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Have you tried lathering up with mayonnaise? It's got the oils and eggs skin craves.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Curél or Cetaphil

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Grey Cat posted:

Have you tried lathering up with mayonnaise? It's got the oils and eggs skin craves.

Hey I noticed you're posting about eggs. Did you know there's an official thread for fellow "eggficianados" to discuss all things egg? It's called the official GBS Egg Thread for Egg Related Posting on Eggs.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Smugworth posted:

Hey I noticed you're posting about eggs. Did you know there's an official thread for fellow "eggficianados" to discuss all things egg? It's called the official GBS Egg Thread for Egg Related Posting on Eggs.

I think I posted an omelette or two in there. Thanks for reminding me I need to make more eggies.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Oysterizer is where it's at.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

flubber nuts posted:

Oysterizer is where it's at.

Sorry I don't know of any official GBS oyster threads but you can check out the official GBS Egg Thread for Egg Related Posting on Eggs if you want

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Grey Cat posted:

smash mouth rub the egg in skin

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Szyznyk posted:

O’Keeffe’s.
Yes. An old job got cases of O'Keefes as a promo thing. Before we had that stuff, I was like 30% eczema by weight during the winter, because my desk was really close to a radiant heater.

I use a tiny bit of CeraVe salicylic acid lotion on my face and generic stuff on the backs of my hands.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if you eat enough greasy food your skin will sport a nice moist sheen at all times

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

if you eat enough greasy food your skin will sport a nice moist sheen at all times

Finally somebody taking my thread seriously and providing good advice.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

tretinoin, azelaic acid , and cerave b*ych

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Why waste money on moisturizer when you can just cry all the time and rub the tears around on your face?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

moisturizer is for suckers, douse yourself in witch hazel, dry all that skin up.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I unironically really want to start a skincare regimen to make myself look younger*, but I have "normal" skin (i.e. not dry or oily) so I don't think I need a moisturizer, but maybe I do?

I have sensitive skin, but other than that my skin doesn't chap or dry out and I've never had acne or any skin issues I can think of except that I sweat a whole fuckin lot, so I think I have normal skin.

* Yeah I'm a dude, and no I don't have a single problem with using "feminine" skincare products or anything like that; I just wanna look younger and stay looking younger all the time forever.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the best way to look young forever is to live like you're young forever, drink and use a lot of drugs and stay up late every night and slam caffeine all day

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

I unironically really want to start a skincare regimen to make myself look younger*, but I have "normal" skin (i.e. not dry or oily) so I don't think I need a moisturizer, but maybe I do?

I have sensitive skin, but other than that my skin doesn't chap or dry out and I've never had acne or any skin issues I can think of except that I sweat a whole fuckin lot, so I think I have normal skin.

* Yeah I'm a dude, and no I don't have a single problem with using "feminine" skincare products or anything like that; I just wanna look younger and stay looking younger all the time forever.

Adrenochrome.

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
[Removed by pm suggestion]

The Loin King fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 15, 2023

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
me @ ur post

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Vim Fuego posted:

me @ ur post

I dont have that many wrinkles. Guess how

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MoonshineWilly posted:

It’s this one. Also really good at preventing split skin on the end of fingers. It even comes in a regular bottle now, instead of that little round tub like old school turtle wax.

O’Keefe’s owns however I made the mistake once of using the foot formulation on my hands thinking it was probably the same stuff just labeled differently…it’s not. My hands were greasy all day no matter how many times I washed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Aloe Vero. Just as plain as you can get.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloe_vera

Or straight up Lanolin. Great for hands and feet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanolin

Everything else is just spendy fake formulas.

If you want a pore cleanser its plain Kaolin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaolinite

Wee fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 15, 2023