Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The Loin King posted:

[Removed by pm suggestion]

Coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

O’Keeffe’s.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I. M. Gei posted:

I unironically really want to start a skincare regimen to make myself look younger*, but I have "normal" skin (i.e. not dry or oily) so I don't think I need a moisturizer, but maybe I do?

I have sensitive skin, but other than that my skin doesn't chap or dry out and I've never had acne or any skin issues I can think of except that I sweat a whole fuckin lot, so I think I have normal skin.

* Yeah I'm a dude, and no I don't have a single problem with using "feminine" skincare products or anything like that; I just wanna look younger and stay looking younger all the time forever.

I bought some sort of Korean face serum at my ex-gf suggestion when I asked her the same question. I am not super sure what it does other than "collagen", anti-ageing, blah, something. I read the instructions, but surprisingly little remained in my memory. I think it does something. Could be ex-gf revenge too.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

If you use anything other than Cetaphil or CeraVe you are basically doing war crimes on your skin imo

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i'm going for a vintage/weathered look this year so thanks but no thanks

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I simply burn the top layer off every night and by morning it’s ready to peel off, revealing fresh new skin below.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
shampoo my balls, miss

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I rub the lotion on my skin because otherwise I'll get The Hose again, and I don't want that. :ohdear:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

I rub the lotion on my skin because otherwise I'll get The Hose again, and I don't want that. :ohdear:

hmm looking into your anonymous work place survey i can see here you rated the hose 5 out of 5. care to explain this discrepancy?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

flubber nuts posted:

hmm looking into your anonymous work place survey i can see here you rated the hose 5 out of 5. care to explain this discrepancy?

It's a good hose! It excels at its purpose of spraying water. Just not on me!!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Hand Cream - this stuff is pretty rad it has like no scent. Not just unscented but no scent. Absorbs nicely maybe not as strong as I wanted but I think it's the winner so far. Maybe I'll try La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Balm B5 which seems like a heavier option.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
La Roach Pussy

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

water is pretty moisturizing :shrug:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

Hey friend I think you're looking for the Official GBS Hydration mega thread

That thread will probably be useful for all the dry flakey posters in this one, actually

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

Absolutely I have my humidifier going.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
This stuff kicks major rear end:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Curel Ultra Healing for the body, Aveeno Clear Complexion for the face, Vaseline for the lips, water for the innards

I have a healing-ish burn that I moisturize separately with some handmade Norwegian-Ghanian shea butter, but I don't know if that would apply to anyone's situation here

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I started using dove body wash for sensitive skin and haven't needed lotion since.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I. M. Gei posted:

I unironically really want to start a skincare regimen to make myself look younger*, but I have "normal" skin (i.e. not dry or oily) so I don't think I need a moisturizer, but maybe I do?

I have sensitive skin, but other than that my skin doesn't chap or dry out and I've never had acne or any skin issues I can think of except that I sweat a whole fuckin lot, so I think I have normal skin.

* Yeah I'm a dude, and no I don't have a single problem with using "feminine" skincare products or anything like that; I just wanna look younger and stay looking younger all the time forever.

Everyone needs moisturizer dawg.

Four things to look young forever:

1. Moisturizer and cleanser. Wash face twice a day with cleanser, moisturize.

2. Sun screen cannot stress how important this is

3. Hydrate and sleep

4. Get an Rx for tretinoin or tazatorene. Vitamin A derivatives that change the gene expression of your skin, reduces chance of skin cancer, and all kinds of wacky poo poo.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

What if I want my face to look like a back catchers mitt?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Pro-tip: If you have skin issues, you should try moisturizer that doesn’t feed topical fungus

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Pro-tip: If you have skin issues, you should try moisturizer that doesn’t feed topical fungus

What do I use if I want a moisturizer that feeds tropical fungus

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
urea cream, 15%, naturally sourced

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
the joke is that they literally put fake piss in excema cream, did you know that? betcha didn't

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Pac and Cheese posted:

the joke is that they literally put fake piss in excema cream, did you know that? betcha didn't

Lol fake

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

you're right, it's not fake piss, it's animal piss. it was going to come out and neutrogena paid me 500 bucks to get ahead of the story. they do filter it really well you can barely even smell it

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Smegma is nature's moisturiser.
People who are circumcised always have a chapped penis end because no smegma.

Wee fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 16, 2023

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Pac and Cheese posted:

you're right, it's not fake piss, it's animal piss. it was going to come out and neutrogena paid me 500 bucks to get ahead of the story. they do filter it really well you can barely even smell it

horse piss as a moisturizer is old hat though, conjugated or no

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

i use aloe vera

cerave does also work quite well

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

dervival posted:

i didn't know this, that's actually really interesting

i used to play in a giant pile of horse manure as a kid, and even into my 30s my skin is baby smooth. i wonder if there's anything to that

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

dervival posted:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i sleep in one of those goopy pods from the matrix

does wonders for my skin

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

i sleep in one of those goopy pods from the matrix

does wonders for my skin

As do most of us but the thing is the matrix does not take into account how moist my skin is in reality.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Kiehl's is really nice stuff but pretty expensive. I don't use much La Roche Posay but it seems to be around the same quality/price ratio. I have terrible dry skin eczema and CeraVe is my gold standard, I buy the big jars and slather that stuff on. Costco has double packs on sale sometimes.

I use lotions sometimes on the go or for small dry areas but thicker creams are the way to go for actual moisturizing. When things feel really dry I'll throw something like Aquaphor on top and sometimes when they're really bad I do my hands and put cotton gloves on overnight.

I also got a giant jar of this stuff from my dermatologist, absolutely incredible for irritated skin and problem spots.

https://twitter.com/saharalanaye/status/1707068062900355367

Ror fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 16, 2023

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

nice nail you got there

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

also I saw a commercial for CeraVe once and they pronounce it sera-vee, not sera-vay, wtf

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

the roach pussy

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

clam juice worked wonders for my cystic acne.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Ror posted:

also I saw a commercial for CeraVe once and they pronounce it sera-vee, not sera-vay, wtf

out-loving-rageous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

lotta people itt do not take moisturizing seriously enough. time to add 'ashy' to the official list of goon adjectives.