Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you're looking at this thread and don't know how to take care of yourself because your parents are drug addicts, and you want to start moisturizing don't use all the octopus semen and dried leaves and poo poo people are saying. just use cerave buy a big tub. you just need that for your skin and you are skin will be fine. then you can think about more important stuff like being in an open relationship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Cream? On my face?

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

no nut november puts a real strain on my moisturizing and sustainability game

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I think I don't like silicone in hand moisturizers, which is unfortunate because dimethicone is in pretty much all of them.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 17, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Due to all my early head injuries, I started moisturizing from a young age, and it shows.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Leper Go-getter posted:

Cream? On my face?

DM me

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

many years ago i befriended a moisture fairy and now they gift me with lotions and salves that appear like magic on my bathroom counter (just so long as i leave them the last bite of every foodstuff, as per our ancient pact)

the current mix seems to be:
  • baxter of california aftershave balm
  • first aid beauty ultra repair cream

feels good man, keeps me nice and moist

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

What's that Duck and Cover? When you obsess over something looking for the perfect one you keep buying more of that category of thing? I sure do.

Honest Moisturizing Hand Cream Sweet Almond - I just got it so only used it once. Smells not too strongly of almond, thick, seems pretty good although I think I used too much.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no-one said that

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I did though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Flexitol is pricey but makes a noticeable difference faster than any of the other mosturizer I've used

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Moisturizer implies the existence of Moisturizest

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Duck and Cover posted:

I did though.

ok Nemo

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

maybeadracula posted:

Moisturizer implies the existence of Moisturizest

Sure but I think somebody can be too moist.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

no, i did.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

When you obsess over something looking for the perfect one you keep buying more of that category of thing?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

When you obsess over something looking for the perfect one you keep buying more of that category of thing?

*hides safety razor collection* *shoves stack of old laptops under the bed*. *piles up t-shirts that don't fit* Hmmm? I have no idea what you're talking about. What kind of weirdo doesn't just buy a hand cream and use it?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

Might start to grow mold and fungus. Overmoistness is a real issue.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Duck and Cover posted:

Whatever you say, Mr Shapiro

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

maybeadracula posted:

Whatever you say, Mr Shapiro

Oh no the Trump thread is leaking.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I live in the desert so I have to keep up with this crap. I actually have found that most of the time just using a soap that says it is a strong moisturizer works quite well to prevent the ashiness. If I still am too dry I just go for a basic body lotion usually. Oh and chapstick of some kind is a must. I like Burts bees vanilla and clove lip butter and when things are really dire, neosporin overnight renewal therapy (which is just white petrolatum)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj1FfObA0XI&t=40s

Skip to 40s

borntohula85
Oct 31, 2015

Duck and Cover posted:

What's that Duck and Cover? When you obsess over something looking for the perfect one you keep buying more of that category of thing? I sure do.

Honest Moisturizing Hand Cream Sweet Almond - I just got it so only used it once. Smells not too strongly of almond, thick, seems pretty good although I think I used too much.

I think you should try the La Roche-Posay Cicaplast hand cream, you might like it. It has dimethicone tho.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

borntohula85 posted:

I think you should try the La Roche-Posay Cicaplast hand cream, you might like it. It has dimethicone tho.

I got the hand cream version of La Roche and it's alright.I'm trying https://nakedbee.com/collections/hand-care/products/copy-of-lavender-beeswax-serious-hand-repair-8-ozn next. Exciting.

edit: Wrong url.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 25, 2023

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I really need to go see a dermatologist the last few months I've had weird rashes that are probably eczema popup on my hands and inner elbows and neck. Ugh.

I just got some CeraVe when I was shopping as I was out of Vaseline advanced repair I usually use and the Cetaphil I tried last time didn't seem to work that great.

I think I got the wrong one though I think I probably wanted the red bottle for rough bumpy skin with the salicylic acid?

I think I just got the regular cerave lotion in the blue bottle with some kind of hword acid

borntohula85
Oct 31, 2015

Wendigee posted:

I really need to go see a dermatologist the last few months I've had weird rashes that are probably eczema popup on my hands and inner elbows and neck. Ugh.

I just got some CeraVe when I was shopping as I was out of Vaseline advanced repair I usually use and the Cetaphil I tried last time didn't seem to work that great.

I think I got the wrong one though I think I probably wanted the red bottle for rough bumpy skin with the salicylic acid?

I think I just got the regular cerave lotion in the blue bottle with some kind of hword acid

You use the salicylic acid one on your eczema? Kind of a miracle your skin doesn’t just melt off. Have you tried the La Roche-Posay Lipikar series?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

No no no I've never used the salicylic one before at all and I haven't had eczema in like 20 years but I'm pretty sure it's back, I was asking if it was good for eczema.

The blue bottle of CeraVe I got says "accepted" by the national eczema association.

What higher praise can one receive than "accepted" lol

poo poo was like 1 dollar an ounce.

borntohula85
Oct 31, 2015
Ah fair, I misread then. If that’s available where you live please check out the La Roche-Posay Lipikar AP+M, it’s very moisturizing and suited for eczema-prone skin!

I tried the CeraVe in the tub on my face but it gives me tiny whiteheads :(

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Ahh okay, I'll check it out thanks

Gotta say the CeraVe is already soothing my red irritated skin 20 minutes after applying, triple the price of the old lotion but it actually seems to do something so I guess so far so good

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 26, 2023

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It’s finally not humid out so there’s no way in hell I’m getting a humidifier and adding water to the air like some kind of monster.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i talked to my mom about that horse manure pile i used to play in and she told me that was actually what's called a horse carcass compost pile, and there were actually dead horses in that manure pile i used to do bellyslides in

badass dude

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That's my strategy:

Humidifier
Moisturizer/creams
Proper hydration
Lip balm
Vitamins

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hell Yeah posted:

if you're looking at this thread and don't know how to take care of yourself because your parents are drug addicts, and you want to start moisturizing don't use all the octopus semen and dried leaves and poo poo people are saying. just use cerave buy a big tub. you just need that for your skin and you are skin will be fine. then you can think about more important stuff like being in an open relationship

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

This is just the Seinfeld orgy joke about having to buy too much lotion

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
CeraVe moisturizer from the pump bottle for everything below the collarbone, then I layer a perfumed body oil on top of that so that the moisture is locked in and I smell good.

Face after washing is salicylic acid, then whatever serum I feel like, then komenuka bijin collagen deep moisture jell cream from a little pot. If it's nighttime I then rub aquaphor into my hands and pat a little on my face as a sealing layer.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

There are many cerave creams, the SA one is actually the light blue and the dark red one is some sort of anti-itch cream. I have eczema and probably use the red more than the light blue but I have them both. The regular blue stuff is my main though and it’s all you really need if you can only have one.

They also make their own Aquaphor-like mix in the dark blue tubs with the grey lids, which is very good but I only got it once on sale and I’m not convinced is much better than other petroleum jelly products that are way cheaper.

I’m gonna take some pictures of my moisturizer collection when I get home.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Much as it pains me to say it, some of y'all may be a little TOO moist.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

in my culture a light dusting of dry skin on your partner early on in courtship is a signal of intent to marry and is an ongoing expression of love so this thread really doesn't sit well with me

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I use some hemp body moisturizer for my dishpan hands because it is very low grease and you forget it's applied 3 minutes later unlike most moisturizers over ever used.

I don't need anything for my face because I never go outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Hell Yeah posted:

My pores are open to moisture but I'm too insecure for an open relationship.