Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Everyone keeps mocking a CB to the Eagles when I'm pretty sure they're just going to draft Mims or Jackson Powers-Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Johnny Newton not being a 1st rounder is actually insane. I think he's significantly more polished than Bryon Murphy II, and I think he's a top 10 talent. I really like Murphy too, and I can definitely see how you could talk yourself into him over Newton because there's a tremendous amount of upside. I do think his ceiling is a bit higher than Newton. Newton is so good though, great hands, great explosion, absolute wrecking ball.

I seem to be much lower on Turner than a lot of people.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I am very here for QBs going 1-4 and the Jets trading up for MHJ.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1770074950008734106?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Johnny Newton not being a 1st rounder is actually insane. I think he's significantly more polished than Bryon Murphy II, and I think he's a top 10 talent. I really like Murphy too, and I can definitely see how you could talk yourself into him over Newton because there's a tremendous amount of upside. I do think his ceiling is a bit higher than Newton. Newton is so good though, great hands, great explosion, absolute wrecking ball.

DJ has Newton in his latest mock. Late first but he seems like a guy who could rise late.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1770074950008734106?t=4beM5dHIlQ4Yo_9LKn4SZg&s=19

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

A trade up from 10 to 5 for just a 2025 2nd feels like fantasyland stuff

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah that's just stupid. It's be the Jets 2025 1st at the very least even if the Chargers were willing to do it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

I would trade our 2025 1st to move up. That feels more realistic.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Gully Foyle posted:

No way did the Vikings do that trade to just sit on both 1st round picks at the spot they are. And if they don't move up, one of the Broncos/Raiders will.

They need to trade with the Bears, who can then go edge first then JPJ at center since it's a huge need. I like Johnny Newton a ton too and would be happy to get him at 23

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

I read the occasional mock draft from Kiper/Jeremiah, use Dane Brugler's Beast as a reference, and watch JustBombsProductions highlight clips. That's about the extent I'll ever care or have time for as far as draft study.

Here's Kiper's latest.

Mims falling to the Ravens would be a loving dream

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Borsche69 posted:

Mims falling to the Ravens would be a loving dream

You should have done your duty and turned Daniel Faalele into a starter. Shameful franchise, the ravens, to betray our giant boy.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Working on my yearly QB post, and I swear to god every single one of these guys can run now. I’m getting to like QB 10 before I see a dude who I just do not think has any scrambling or play extension ability. We do not give enough credit to how athletic the position has become.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I do.
I give them credit all the time.
I am magnanimous.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Meanwhile Penix is Drew Bledsodesque

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Professor Funk posted:

Not necessarily. Cardinals went from 12 to 6 for a second and a fifth, but they got back a third.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dexo posted:

Meanwhile Penix is Drew Bledsodesque

Indiana Penix had some real wheels

Then he got hurt all the time

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Newton's not amazing against the run and Murphy is a bit better at it than he is. It's more that Newton can't man the gap and Murphy over shoots the gap when they're both trying against the run. In terms of pass rushing ability I can see people being more attracted to Murphy's fast and strong style with his good shift up front to cross bodies. It's really hard for people to stay in front of him off the snap. Newton is more belligerent about moving forward and wastes less time after the initial block. Slips and goes better and has a little bit faster closing speed. I think they both deserve first round grades.

I'm low on Turner too. He's all speed and reset. Zero ability against the run and isn't strong. He looks to hand fight to create distance so he can reset and try to burst up field again over trying to get inside and rip through with his speed. He has the same probing technique as Edgerrin Cooper except Cooper is a 3-4 ILB not the supposed best edge in the class. He might be better suited as a will backer since his coverage ability is good enough and he kind of relies on taking outside shoulders from OTs that have to make a blocking decision. I think the athleticism is all there but he's way too tentative and weak.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ornery and Hornery posted:

You should have done your duty and turned Daniel Faalele into a starter. Shameful franchise, the ravens, to betray our giant boy.

he still has a shot!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Diva Cupcake posted:

If the Chargers trade out of 5 with MHJ on the board I'm jumping off of the San Diego Pier

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I can't see the Steelers passing on Mims if he's still on the board at 20. JPJ would be the consolation prize. Brian Thomas is nice, but that's the kind of guy that falls to the Steelers in the 2nd round every year

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

TheGreyGhost posted:

Working on my yearly QB post, and I swear to god every single one of these guys can run now. I’m getting to like QB 10 before I see a dude who I just do not think has any scrambling or play extension ability. We do not give enough credit to how athletic the position has become.

Can you confirm that you will be updating the "QBs as kinds of snakes" list to include the new batch of QBs?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

a neat cape posted:

If the Chargers trade out of 5 with MHJ on the board I'm jumping off of the San Diego Pier

Well, thankfully for you that’s getting moved to LA too

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Can you confirm that you will be updating the "QBs as kinds of snakes" list to include the new batch of QBs?

If TGG does the same type of qb analysis for this year’s crop as he did for last year’s crop (numerical grades, comparison to historical prospects, snake comparisons), then I will once again donate money to his non-profit of choice!!!

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Nosre posted:

my gut reaction is "oof don't let the Chiefs get Adonai Mitchell" but this WR class is so loaded that applies to like 5 guys that will be around there

I think there two possibilities “oof don’t let Chiefs get OT” and “oof don’t let Chiefs get WR”

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Canned Sunshine posted:

Well, thankfully for you that’s getting moved to LA too

Can't believe it's already year 8 in LA

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

Can't believe it's already year 8 in LA

Jesus Christ, how many years did you actually play in that miniature soccer stadium?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

Jesus Christ, how many years did you actually play in that miniature soccer stadium?

3. 2017-29. Then 2020 in SoFi with no fans because of Covid

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

a neat cape posted:

3. 2017-29. Then 2020 in SoFi with no fans because of Covid

I know it's a typo, but I love the idea that the Chargers are secretly still playing in the soccer stadium and nobody's noticed

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Lighter posted:

I know it's a typo, but I love the idea that the Chargers are secretly still playing in the soccer stadium and nobody's noticed

Hah.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

General consensus among GMs is never going to match random jagoffs online. I just think that anyone who had Bryce Young over CJ Stroud never watched college football, and that a lot of people were pretending Young was better once the news came out that the Panthers were dumbly taking him at #1

people HERE were pretending Young was better than Stroud. It felt like I was on crazy pills

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Grozz Nuy posted:

It would be so hysterical if the Broncos took Bo Nix 12th overall... because the Vikings beat them to taking JJ McCarthy

I'm aurprised he didn't have the raiders take penix

6 qbs in the top 13 lesss goooo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I would ecstatic if the Chiefs got Adonai Mitchell. I doubt he falls

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Denver doesn't have a starting QB yet. Either they're taking one this year, or like Ryan Tannehill is going to start for them

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Forrest on Fire posted:

Denver doesn't have a starting QB yet. Either they're taking one this year, or like Ryan Tannehill is going to start for them

why not both

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

a neat cape posted:

Why would you drive all the way from LA just to do that?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Bo Nix is gonna be the guy and he's gonna be magnificent. MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think he's garbage poo poo. He's got athleticism and he can keep plays alive to dart balls but his deep ball is atrocious and his decision making is awful.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Doltos posted:

I think he's garbage poo poo. He's got athleticism and he can keep plays alive to dart balls but his deep ball is atrocious and his decision making is awful.

Sounds like my kinda QB

The QB we deserve but not the one we need

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Indiana Penix had some real wheels

Then he got hurt all the time

I'm not sure his wheels are even gone so much as the injuries made him much more cautious and he rarely had to escape the pocket behind UW's line. Indiana's looks like a Pop Warner line in comparison. UW would occasionally call designed runs for him that looked pretty good.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao that Marv is just like I'm not doing any of this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Doltos posted:

So Bo Nix is Drew Lock. Scheme fit for Denver.