Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

TheGreyGhost posted:

MHJ is the best receiver prospect since Calvin. Faster than AJ, more technical than Julio, bigger than JaMarr.

What's crazy is that there's still a chance he could fall in the draft once reporters and GMs start asking questions about what his dad's been up to since retiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Sure, but IMO at least wait until the Senior Bowl.

For context, here's what Brugler posted for his 1.0 mock around this time last year for the '23 draft:

That's actually reasonably accurate (placement-wise, not team-wise) just quickly eyeballing it. I think about 2/3rds of these were actually drafted in the first.

I would once again like to thank the Chicago Bears, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks, Detroit Lions, Las Vegas Raiders and Atlanta Falcons for collectively deciding that the Eagles deserved Jalen Carter more than they did. Their sacrifice is appreciated.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

Sometimes you can puff your chest. Sometimes you rank Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence.

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1729575145000362203?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Goes to show how utterly desperate some teams are for a QB that everyone knew 2022 was a terrible draft for the position and yet it still produced three (terrible-to-mediocre) starters

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

indigi posted:

is Trotter Jr gonna be good

Help I just learned there's a Jeremiah Trotter Jr and my hip broke

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Does footwork matter when the QB has the feet of a small Victorian child?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

There’s so many good wrs this draft seems plausible that Panthers could get a solid addition at the top of the second!

If they can get one with six-foot long arms who can also teleport, it might help

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Benne posted:

Begging goons to watch college football before January

Is the presentation always as chintzy as it was tonight? The least important NFL game on any given week feels better-produced than the most important CFB game of the year.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Google MLB Phiten Necklace

Why would Google draft a linebacker when they need so much help in the secondary?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

wandler20 posted:

It's exactly the same. The team just forfeits that draft pick the following year. So if you take a player in the first round you lose your first rounder the following year.

And aren't the bids determined by this year's draft position? So if Chicago and Washington both submitted first round bids for him, Chicago would get him? Or would Carolina still hold that position?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

A Sneaker Broker posted:

What if Herbert got traded?

What if Eli Manning unretired and said I want to play for the Chargers now please

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Nope. Bowers is an insane prospect who will only get better, but the learning curve for TEs from college to the pros is massive.

Everyone always says this, but I don't understand why. Is the role of a TE in the pros just vastly more complex than it is in college?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Malik Willis was being projected high because he has good physical tools and is a good interview. He absolutely cannot play quarterback at the nfl level. Perfectly nice guy who should be, best case scenario, a practice squad guy who is your emergency third string QB. Not saying the titans did him any favors because vrabel was very clearly not excited about him but he could not read a defense at all, he ran into sacks at an astonishing rate if his first read wasn’t there. He would benefit from going elsewhere and the titans would benefit from having somebody behind Levis who isn’t totally unable to play the position.

Another banger of a pick by our old GM lol

I, for one, am shocked that Liberty University failed to adequately prepare him for the NFL.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Quick question SA, is Justin Jefferson worth two 1st round picks?

Depends on the team. If you're picking low this year, you're probably good enough that adding JJ ensures that you'll be picking low again next year, so definitely. But a team that's rebuilding probably needs the picks more.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Black Sunshine posted:

I mean, yeah it's an incredibly stupid position in the first place. I'd personally prefer that intelligent people capable of critical thinking and empathy make up most of the police force instead of moron high school bullies with fragile egos and a penchant for murdering innocent people without consequence.

The difference is that quarterbacks probably shouldn't be abolished

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Coldforge posted:

Defund QBs and invest that money in (CMC quality) running backs, instead.

Sure, but you still need QBs to throw an occasional pass off of play action to keep the lanes open for the true heroes

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Nosre posted:

J.J. McCarthy in the first is not going to be seen as a big overdraft by the time it rolls around apparently (he's at #24 there)

Jets draft him for maximum comedy

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

This is me being shocked that Doltos isn't 55 years old with a voice engraveled by decades of cigar smoke

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Dexo posted:

I would be shocked if JJ didn't go in the 1st round.

Like Legitimately shocked. I think the top 10 thing is blowing smoke obviously, maybe like the Chargers/Falcons/Bears trying to bait teams into trading up for him or something dumb.

But I do see some team taking him if he does fall into the 20s.

I could see him going in the first round whether he's deserving of it or not, but I think if he slips past 20 he's slipping to day 2. The Steelers are pretty much the last team in the order who could draft him without creating major friction in the locker room - even teams looking to trade up for him can probably afford to wait for the second round.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

a neat cape posted:

3. 2017-29. Then 2020 in SoFi with no fans because of Covid

I know it's a typo, but I love the idea that the Chargers are secretly still playing in the soccer stadium and nobody's noticed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Doltos posted:

I don't see what people are seeing in Kris Jenkins he's such a non-entity

The name