Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Coolwhoami posted:

which quarterback this draft season will be the one that rises to the top once the draft writers get bored of writing their 14th article on the top prospects throwing motion and trick the bears into trading up for the first round pick for?

Bo Nix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

J.J. McCarthy in the first round holy cannoli lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i hope Jaxson Dart gets drafted and plays in NFL games so more people can have the experience of thinking "this mfers name is Jaxson Dart?"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

whatever happened to cian fahey, i feel like people used to post his tweets about quarterbacks all the time and then he just dropped off the face of the earth

like i remember people pointing out that he seemed to like, not actually know anything about what he was talking about and just played favorites with certain QBs but when has that ever stopped anybody

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Never recovered from his Gamer Moment.

omg i completely forgot about The Heated Gamer Moment...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CJ Stroud look like a drat black Adam Driver ain't nobody scared of that man

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Give Stroud mvp so we can bury "lol OSU QBs"

lets wait until Stroud can beat the worst team in the NFL before burying that one

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

abelwingnut posted:

so i've seen it here and a few others places that caleb holds the ball too long. any idea why he does this? is he a slow play reader? is he overthinking his reads? are his wr not getting open as quickly as they should? does he have an excellent line that allows him to wait and make perfect throws? yips?

also, i don't think i heard about him doing this last season. hell, last season i'm pretty sure i read people saying he was the best qb prospects since luck. so this issue a new development? what might explain that?

sorry, i don't watch college football at all, so i really have zero clue.

he plays backyard football, for fun basically

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Troythany Fautanu

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

Yeah. Saying he didn't achieve much in college, ESPECIALLY at clanga, is a loving absurd take.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people rating Penix as a first rounder based on one game now casting him deep out of the first round based on watching a second game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

xbilkis posted:

drat it turns out he didn't just fix all his problems in time for the playoff

Unfortunately, Texas was never Back as it turns out

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JJ McCarthy is not only a bad quarterback but he's also a complete freak that i cant imagine any coach would want to deal with other than jim harbaugh who is also a complete freak in a similar way

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

predicto posted:

Aaron Rodgers is a complete nutcase. Doesn't stop him from footbaw success.

(no JJ is not Aaron Rodgers)

Aaron Rodgers had a progression through being a top 5 quarterback in the league into being an unhinged freak. JJ brushes with his left hand to stimulate alpha brainwaves and he hasn't even entered the draft yet.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Taulia is really raw but it would be extremely funny if he ended up being a better NFL QB than his brother

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Brad Kaaya...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

What? People draft for QB depth in every round.

They phrased it kinda weird but i think what they meant was "its weird for the first round to pass without any QBs taken"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

I highly recommend everyone picking a random low ranked QB that balls out in college to hang your hat on you look like a genius if you're right

Get ready for the Reese Poffenbarger Era

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Spencer Rattler Hype Train, long thought derailed because he massively and overtly sucked for his entire college career, starts NOW

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dexo posted:

Am I losing my mind

Why are people putting Jayden Daniels over Maye as a prospect.

Am I missing something about Maye?

do you really want Mitch Trubisky Again

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

does anyone else remember when, around the same time before the draft as now, a bunch of teams supposedly were super high on Brett Smith from Wyoming

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

can't believe a first round pick loving fumbled a football...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

does the concept of a "change of pace back" really need to be explained in 2024

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gonz posted:

2023 QBs by First Half Passing Attempts (minus screens):

JJ McCarthy (199)
Drake Maye (194)
Jayden Daniels (184)
Caleb Williams (167)

2023 QBs by % of attempts on 3rd and 6+:

JJ McCarthy (17.8%)
Drake Maye (14.1%)
Caleb Williams (13.1%)
Jayden Daniels (10.7%)

2023 QBs by % of pass attempts (minus screens) against top-25 defenses:

JJ McCarthy (49.7%)
Caleb Williams (35.4%)
Drake Maye (17.9%)
Jayden Daniels (16.2%)

Michigan had a 21 point+ lead in 11 of their 15 games this season. JJ McCarthy didn't even play in 7 4th quarters. Hence one of the reasons why his numbers aren’t more gaudy/flashy.

He’s a Play Action God with great field vision and mobility, and needs to be in the right situation in the Pros.

Maybe the Rams, Broncos, Raiders or Vikings.

You're right, JJ McCarthy is a great example of why sometimes college stats don't tell the whole story

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blake Corum couldnt play a full series on offense without bleeding from the forehead somehow by the end of it, there's no way he can last in the NFL

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Moritz Böhringer...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh my god Chicago Bear Bonix...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tyree posted:

Pretty sure they were more interested in who he was throwing to.

no they're drafting Bo no. 1 overall

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dexo posted:

Oh I'm sorry, that was me laughing that no GM bothered to show up to Bo Nix's proday lol.

the man has 24 years of college game tape, surely they've all seen enough of him by now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Greedo: Maconkey *gets shot by Han Solo*

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao @ absolutely anyone taking Bonix in the 1st

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i see Sportskeeda's football reporting is just as good as their wrestling reporting

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MHJ's name aint mean poo poo until he grows a god drat moustache

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I absolutely agree that stats don’t tell the whole picture for a prospect but the idea that any ‘ole Joe Schmo qb prospect could stumble into 1300 rushing yards in the SEC is patently absurd. There are clearly some nfl qualities in the underlying prospect to generate such stats.

I think youre wildly overvaluing SEC defenses, especially SEC West defenses

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i love seeing Charts and Graphs, they're my favorite part of watching Sports

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dexo posted:

I dunno what you are doing in a draft thread then.

Considering all draft scouting is is watching tape and putting together nerdy rear end spreadsheets and charts.

But fine.

Jayden Daniels go zoom in sec.
Caleb Williams, paints nails, has pink phone and cries to mommy is he draftable at all?
Is Marvin Harrison Jr Him?

all three of these assessments are genuinely more useful than anything The Scouts And Geniuses said about Bryce Young last year during the draft cycle

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dexo posted:

Maybe you should have listened to the charts and spreadsheet guys who didn't have Bryce Young as their QB1

they were wrong if they had him listed as anything other than "Undrafted"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Docjowles posted:

Bryce is one of those guys that makes me wish we could peer into parallel universes. If he went to, like, the 49ers or the Lions or something instead of the literal worst team what would he look like?

Maybe he would still suck rear end but at least we’d know it was fully on him

Mahomes to the Bears is my other great wish in this realm

is there a team with access to technology that makes everyone else on the field shrink by a foot

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jim's Road to Ruin starts with JC Latham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

E: wrong thread