Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Excited for the Titans to draft Joe Alt tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Speaking of Willis, I wonder if he ends up on the Vikings.

He’s still on a rookie deal on the Titans, who have need of a backup.

e: i guess they could cut him, but I imagine they’ll spend their cap elsewhere and just pick up a Joe Flacco-type midseason if Levis gets hurt

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I would imagine the Titans just want to start all over.

I admit I don’t follow backup quarterback philosophy all that much but I’m unsure why they would turn Willis loose if he’s capable of playing the scout team and holding a clipboard tbqh

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

and ran carthon comes in with a run of peter skoronski, will levis and tyjae spears in the first three rounds of his first draft which will likely amount to more that j rob did in the previous three years combined lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

weirdly competent hole finder was my reputation in college too

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Radio interviews happened today and Brian Callahan was asked about strategy and he said "all things being equal, I want the guy who scores touchdowns" so Titans may be leaning Nabers/Odunze over best available OT after all.

For reference, this is also how the Bengals ended up with Ja'Mar Chase.

Unless they don't see these top guys as equal, I suppose.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

What's the deal with Joe Milton? A friend of mine was talking about how he'd be a day 2 QB at worst if he had better receivers instead of solidly in day 3, so I watched some highlights and man that arm pops. Saw a couple casual flicks somehow go 50 yards in the air and a back foot throw that went like 35-40.

he has incredible measurables and metrics but has lovely execution when it counts. he protected the ball well last year, tennessee has for all of josh heupel's time, but he often cannot put touch on the ball in the moment and cannot layer correctly enough.

tennessee has also had a really good OL, so that helps.

it's true that hyatt and tillman were gone and bru mccoy got hurt this past year, but joe was not hitting the receivers he did have, and if he did, it was at 85 mph so they couldn't handle it. tennessee's offense was basically running 55+% of the time and jailbreak screens because joe was not hendon hooker.

that being said, he's by all counts a good person, a great teammate and has all the ingredients, he just cannot put it together in the game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

i don't understand the mocks that have the chargers taking alt over nabers or mhj if available

is the chargers line as anemic as their wr room is now or something

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Forrest on Fire posted:

Denver doesn't have a starting QB yet. Either they're taking one this year, or like Ryan Tannehill is going to start for them

why not both

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

this 14 year old lacks that dog in him

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Play posted:

What's the best football name in this draft class? Frankly it's a disappointing crop in that respect. We've got the Kool aid man but pretty unappealing outside of that, at least from what I've seen so far.

ladd mcconkey, chop robinson, ruke orhorhoro are all in the top 100, some good names right there

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/SKProFootball/status/1777008986597851185

He's clearly a cancer and if any of the first 9 teams picking in the draft pick him he will single handedly destroy their locker room.

yeah this reeks of a team doing oppo so he falls in the draft

gross

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Getting a DUI when you’re a few weeks away from a life altering pay day is definitely a massive red flag. I know he’s a kid but drat dude, just keep it tight till you sign a deal

he’ll be 23 years old week 1

he’s not a kid, he’s a dumbass

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

BlindSite posted:

We all do dumb poo poo in our 20s. You should still take responsibility and correct those mistakes.

Thats the difference between being a guy making a mistake and an irredeemable gently caress head.

For sure, one mistake where no one actually got hurt (from what I’ve read anyway) shouldn’t ruin your life, but if you’re building a draft order and have a guy exhibiting that kind of decision making weeks before the event that will determine his whole rear end life, you probably yeet that name off the top half of your board if not entirely.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Jayden Daniels gets hit in college and looks like a GI Joe that’s rubberband just broke, he’s going to burst into a cloud of dust like the end of Avengers Infinity War when NFL dudes get to him

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bryce Young doesn’t have enough mass to get injured, you bop him like a balloon and he just settles back down to Earth

e: I’m not seriously predicting injuries, just lol’ing at Daniels’ pratfall-level hits he takes

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I think it would be swell if four QBs go in order and that Alt and Nabers go next so that the Titans get MHJ

Trying to convince myself that MHJ hurt his stock by not doing public football things all draft process.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Chargers take Latham, but they’re trading down to do it

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

what's the best way to watch the draft tonight on the internet?

i don't have access to hulu live tv anymore which is how i watched it last year.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

a neat cape posted:

DID I SPEND 5 MONTHS WAITING FOR JC loving LATHAM

don’t worry, if he properly reports he’s allowed to get downfield and catch a pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

daboll hating dumb loving faces just naked projection, smh