Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'd rather the bears just give a gazillion dollars to justin fields to be frustrating and mediocre for the next five years then go through another 3 year process of watching them ruin another highly-regarded qb prospect. just stop drafting quarterbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

Fields might be fixable with the right coach, think it's worth just changing up the playcaller before committing to someone else.

It doesn't matter who the coach is, it's the bears. They will never have a good qb.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

The dragonfly formation is the only way to make the Chicago passing game work.

the bears should just draft the navy quarterback every year and run the triple

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how high is d'vondre sweat going to go

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the chicago bears drafted mitch trubisky because he showed up in a lovely car, sometimes football guys really are that dumb

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mega64 posted:

My prediction is the Bears go with MHJ to complement Justin Fields and DJ Moore, barring a king's ransom of picks as trade bait.

Personally I'm hoping my team trades up to grab one of the top two LT candidates, because drat the cost, we need a functioning OL.

it is very difficult to see the bears not moving on from fields because they want to break my heart

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NFL scouts liked Penix's arm, his ability to read the field, and his leadership, but they are concerned that he is one letter away from being named Michael Penis.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

any quarterback in danger of getting drafted by the bears should just go back to school instead of ending their career.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Gonna be some HUGE qb busts this draft, can’t wait to go Buck Nasty and playa hate next season.

the player drafted by the bears has already busted

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ_QE7bhL1s

Field's stans need to realize this guy is going to make the Bears relevant again. I am sorry.

the bears will destroy his career, if I were him I'd pull an eli and refuse to go.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Caleb is weird, because like a number of Bears fans look at him, and his stuff like TTT, Sack numbers and Fumbles, and unwillingness to throw over the middle and think he's Fields again. Myself included for a while a bit there as I was more interested in Maye, maybe I'm just talking myself into him since that seems to be the way the Wind is blowing. But even removing his "highlights", I still see a QB who like definitely can play within structure, and make on time throws and reads, but like too often maybe because his team was rear end and he knew he had to score to win decides to say "gently caress it we ball". It works well enough in college, but he's not so much of a better athlete than other NFL players.

God it'd be a fascinating interview to break down his tape and work through his thought process, in some of these games.

But yeah this year at USC Caleb had like Tahj Washington, and that's pretty much it. Brenden Rice was okay.

But like none of them are top 10 WR's in this class(albeit a loving yoked up and stacked WR class), although I guess I could hear a case for Tahj being top 10 over like Mitchell, or Legette.

I don't know anymore, after I just so clearly missed and disregarded Fields flaws coming out as him just big play hunting(even before the Bears drafted him he was my QB2 that Draft had him just a touch below Lawrence was shocked he fell that far). I guess the difference is that Caleb was forced to drop back 30-40 times a game, while Fields only had to do so generally 25 or so times, and throw bombs off play action to Olave/Wilson while being protected by an NFL offensive line in college.

you could do all of that or you could just say that Williams will fail if he is drafted by the bears because bears and save yourself the time.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

t's draft season.

no! NO!!!!!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

anyone need some Expert Opinion on Northwestern's draft-eligible players this year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have no idea, i just googled northwestern players in the draft, it's just a joke about how northwestern is not going to have anyone drafted

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

He’s one of “My Guys” in this years Draft Class. A lot of talk within team circles about him because of his innate ability to get open. Very similar play style to a certain Sun God in Detroit.

I forgot he was in the draft, one of the coolest receivers we ever had at northwestern. The 2021 catch where hd just trucked a Rutgers guy in the open field then ran another 40 yards, owned.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 7, 2024

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you need to factor in that one of these qbs will play for the bears, their results can't count

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i believe very strongly there is one important factor that prevents a quarterback from being good and that is wearing a navy blue helmet with a C on it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Here is my draft prediction: the Chicago Bears will never have a good quarterback.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The hype for Williams is insane considering that every single bears quarterback draft pick has failed.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I think it will be the same as usual. One or two functional qbs taking into account that Caleb will bust because he was drafted by the bears.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

spending a number 12 overall pick on a third string quarterback is what's known as going "bears mode"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears are BACK

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

as a bears fan, i do not believe we'll ever have a good quarterback. but caleb at least seems like a cool dude.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

has anyone asked ryan pace what kind of car penix drives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Look up David Carr's middle name