Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Dragon Quest Game?
Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest II
Dragon Quest III
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest X (The Japan-only MMO? You didn't really play that)
Dragon Quest XI
Some other Dragon Quest
I'm too cool for this nerd poo poo
View Results

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's and AFC North showdown on Thursday Night Football!

It's the 7-3 Baltimore Ravens!

Vs the 5-4 Cincinnati Bengals!

The last game between these two AFC north contenders ended with a 27-24 Baltimore win, which in some people's estimation, counts as a 54-6 loss. Can the Ravens hold on to their lead in the AFC North? Can Lamar hold on to his dire rear? Is Mark Andrews still the second best tight end in the league, or is that now TJ Hockenson? Will the Bengals be Chase-ing a Ravens lead all game, or can they Burrow a hole in the earth deep enough to bury Baltimore? All these questions and more will be asked, on Thursday! Night! Football!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a lot ofp eople are saying the bengals need to win or "must" win. but they really can lose this game and even one more game before they're in trouble. that would be 6 losses and then they could still get 11 wins and comfortably take a wildcard spot. but if they lose one more game and only get 10 wins, they won't beat anyone in a wildcard tiebreaker so that's a 50/50 chance at best. so in conclusion they don't need to win this game against the ravens or next week against the steelers either. but they must win the games after that. look up the facts before you just say poo poo

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'll watch the first half and that's probably it. I can't be bothered with these night games anymore.

I see the Ravens getting blown out. But maybe being the TNF non-road team will help.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I bought Dragon Quest XI on a whim after the Chiefs won the Super Bowl the first time (recently), and swore to myself I would finish it even if it wasn't my normal type of thing.

I did not. I am responsible for everything that has happened in the world since then, I apologize.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

May the least fraudulent team win

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I know it's old news at this point but I really do hate how intertwined sports betting is with game broadcasts. That poo poo seems like it pops up every other breath.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I played a good amount of DQ XI and then they took it off Game Pass. I should get it again, it was a pleasant game.

Go birds

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Poll is a snap pick. My favorite NES game of all time.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

VIII has a fond place in my heart

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Kawalimus posted:

I'll watch the first half and that's probably it. I can't be bothered with these night games anymore.

I see the Ravens getting blown out. But maybe being the TNF non-road team will help.

Be honest, you will complain more if the ravens win.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

The first one and VIII are the only ones I ever put any serious time into. From my talks with hardcore fans of DQ, IV and V are where it's at.

Go Bengos.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my great shame is not having played DQ 4-6 yet. i wish that they'd put them on switch or something since they're already on mobile

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
go the cinati bengo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pumping my fists and screaming THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL YEEEEAH WHOOOO THURSDAY NIGHT AMAZON PRIME VISION gently caress YEEEEAAAAH WOOOOOH in my empty apartment.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bengals missing their #2 defensive player and #3 offensive player

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

DQV is the best and it’s not close, game did poo poo that hasn’t really been done since

Go Bengos

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I'm bored as poo poo, I wonder what loser teams are playing on TNF...
I....what? You mean it's a pair of perennial playoff contenders!? The gently caress is this?
Where are the Bears?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think I got Dragon Quest.........IX? On the DS a million years ago, played the first couple hours and never touched it again.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Ravens lost to the Colts, bengo Tyme

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the cowboys

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

fartknocker posted:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Crescent Wrench posted:

Poll is a snap pick. My favorite NES game of all time.

Hell yeah. :hfive:

IV is my absolute favorite but I fully admit that some of that is nostalgia. Easily the best RPG on the NES. I will say though that DQV is a really great game with an unusual narrative structure, and I think if it had actually come out in the states I'd probably be saying that that was my favorite.

Do not even ask posted:

The first one and VIII are the only ones I ever put any serious time into. From my talks with hardcore fans of DQ, IV and V are where it's at.

Go Bengos.

8 is really good too.

I'll say for DQ7 that I've beaten it once and doubt I will ever play it again. It is LOOOOOOOONG.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Not a GDT without a good ol' "gently caress the Cowboys"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

On the left is Texas Smoky BBQ.

On the right is classic Buffalo.

In the middle is some Lays classic.

In the back is a dog that is waiting to be fed her regular dinner.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm posting way too much but will also add that Dragon Quest Builders 2 was a really neat game. You probably get a little more out of it if you played actual DQ2, but I don't think it's necessary. It's a Mine-crafty game just build cool poo poo.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Finally a decent TNF game on paper. It's going to be a Clownball game isn't it?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they had to put a boomer esiason highlight radio call from the ravens second season in the opening

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Not a GDT without a good ol' "gently caress the Cowboys"

:hmmyes:

Android Apocalypse posted:

Also not a GDT without AA's wings.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

pet the dog

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Looking forward to being utterly disappointed by this game

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'll still take the L to Cleveland to end Watson's season.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

fubbl

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I think a tie would make the most people unhappy, so I root for it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Rumor is Kawalimus secretly has a body pillow with John Harbaugh's likeness on it and he calls it "John Hardbod"

I'm just passing along what I heard.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

Hell yeah. :hfive:

:hfive:

I'll give honorable mentions to: the OG (many fond memories from being a kid--my dad and I even got out a map to trace where to search in the southern swamp for one of the final pieces of armor: XI (I got derailed before I finished it but I was really enjoying it); and Builders (I didn't get far into Builders 2 but the first one I had a blast)>

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Using Flowers much better

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

drat Likely blew that dude up

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Crescent Wrench posted:

:hfive:

I'll give honorable mentions to: the OG (many fond memories from being a kid--my dad and I even got out a map to trace where to search in the southern swamp for one of the final pieces of armor: XI (I got derailed before I finished it but I was really enjoying it); and Builders (I didn't get far into Builders 2 but the first one I had a blast)>

BUILDERS 2 IS SO loving GOOD HOLY poo poo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Nice block to spring Flowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer