Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
So yeah I'm living my 80s as a 90s kid and having tried this sport a few times I can't help but to wonder why the lower line on the wall is so drat low because honestly if you can aim a good smash (or even a regular strike) around those parts, maybe take a little wall ricochet, you basically win the ball. I mean I guess it might make sense if you're a 2m tall and can reach most of the field keeping one foot in place, but for a regular casual squash player, it's just much more fun to extend the penalty bottom area of the wall like twice as high as it normally is. Since the markings on the field aren't made like that, though, it's a bit of a bother. It keeps the pace of the game up when you're not just trying to hit the wall as low as permitted possible to win basically instantly.

Seems like the game has been optimised for pro leagues at the expense of 95% of players having actually fun playing the game. Luckily you can make your own rules when playing with a friend.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what you folks think about this particular issue or the game in particular. I'm sure some of you still play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

so you dont just hit it as hard as you loving can, op

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I dunno, but that ball fuckin' hurts when it hits you.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've been thinking about the practicalities of a space based low net game in like .33G and with limited space. Like a space pong, with handball action.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

GolfHole posted:

so you dont just hit it as hard as you loving can, op

But that's a fun part.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
What's the point of squash having the "net" so low?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

R.L. Stine posted:

What's the point of squash having the "net" so low?

What's the point of anything, friend?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Its so you dont squash your balls OP

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Squash is ok

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I like racquetball, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Spaceball:

The space is handball/racquetball type space, but small. Maybe 12 feet wide and 40 feet deep, and only 10 feet high max. Also gravity is weird and from spinning, so that's a factor.

I bet 4 quarter year leagues with a championship every year would really spice up ship life.

Oh yeah, you hit the ball against the wall until the opponent cannot.